Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

I feel ok about food supply.  My car is about empty on gas though, I should probably get that filled today.  Loss of power or water for an extended period would be rough though.  I'm a fat guy with apnea, it has been a long time since I have even attempted to sleep without a  CPAP.  I wonder what Darth Vader uses for a power source?

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Curious how many of yall have already started rationing (from how much food you are consuming, down to how many sanitary wipes you are using)?

Started thinking about it Thurs, and today was the first day. I figure if people start going ballistic and utilities start getting shut off, we have enough water and non perishables to make it 6-8 weeks

Water filter and bleach on deck for that.  

Drove by costco to see what they were out of. Cleaning supplies, water, and chicken.  

5 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

We are already running dangerously low on Fruit by the Foot, which everybody in the house but me loves.

Good thing they released Frozen II on Disney+ early : )

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I feel ok about food supply.  My car is about empty on gas though, I should probably get that filled today.  Loss of power or water for an extended period would be rough though.  I'm a fat guy with apnea, it has been a long time since I have even attempted to sleep without a  CPAP.  I wonder what Darth Vader uses for a power source?

fill up your tank and buy a cheap inverter, it is good for minor ac power needs

5 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Ev cars bro, never have to worry about gas again.  If the virus causes power loss, it’s over.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's going to take some more seeing is believe before some folks get it, the misinformation age needs a swift kick in balls once this is over.

Assume Russia is helping things along, on those lines, too.  I mean, they got a chance to kill what, a thousand Americans?  Ten thousand?  Just for trolling social media?  (And the President.  And Fox News.)  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Everyone in NC that I’ve had contact with believes it’s overblown by the media. I live in a very red area. The parking lots everywhere are still full.

people take their queues from people they admire or believe in

It is not shocking to me that, as a personal observation, people that tended to (or still do) think this is not a big deal also tend to support/listen to people that downplayed things. Like trump supporters given how he’s spoken about it. 

even on Friday he couldn’t help but make a ridiculously dumb comment that is subliminal in its effect - “we should have 5 millions years available by the end of the month, but we won’t need that many

Sparing over politics while having a beer or passing time on the internet is fun and can be frustrating. 

finding yourself in conversation with those people right now just produces a feeling of helplessness and just sucks any hope out of you. 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Ev cars bro, never have to worry about gas again.  If the virus causes power loss, it’s over.

I jus want to go on record and say I dont believe it's going to come to that, and we should all jus breathe on that one.  This is like the 21st century version of the Spanish Flu, not The Stand.

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Assume Russia is helping things along, on those lines, too.  I mean, they got a chance to kill what, a thousand Americans?  Ten thousand?  Just for trolling social media?  (And the President.  And Fox News.)  

At this point they are looking at that as too easy not to spend a few bucks with such a high reward on investment.  Was reading an article about how they are running troll farms from Africa to make it harder to trace its them, they are playing chess and telling Trump to play checkers.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:
Beginning to wonder if De Blasio's incompetence is going to force the closure of the financial markets.

I heard him on CNN late last week saying that because kids don't get sick from the virus, there's no reason to close the schools.  No one said to him that kids can still carry the virus.  Then they go home and pass the virus around to mom and dad or - worse - grandma and grandpa.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Everyone in NC that I’ve had contact with believes it’s overblown by the media. I live in a very red area. The parking lots everywhere are still full.

My wife’s family lives in rural Georgia. We are moving her mom and grandma to Maryland today to stay with us.

This thing isn’t widespread right now in rural areas but rural hospitals are already short on supply and manpower. When it gets into the deep red, rural parts of the country, a whole different kind of ****storm is coming. 

We figured that it’s best her grandma is here, in a secure home and a few minutes drive to the best hospitals. Not in the parts of the country that are completely detached from reality.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

finding yourself in conversation with those people right now just produces a feeling of helplessness and just sucks any hope out of you. 

A lot of those people are going to die at this rate, I havent been able to absorb what that means because I dont know what it looks like yet and honestly dont want that to happen.  I'm never a fan of people proving themselves wrong with their lives, but natural selection is not an opinion.

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I jus want to go on record and say I dont believe it's going to come to that, and we should all jus breathe on that one.  This is like the 21st century version of the Spanish Flu, not The Stand.

I don't either. But when it comes down to what I believe vs what I am prepared for, it's a different story

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

My wife’s family lives in rural Georgia. We are moving her mom and grandma to Maryland today to stay with us.

This thing isn’t widespread right now in rural areas but rural hospitals are already short on supply and manpower. When it gets into the deep red, rural parts of the country, a whole different kind of ****storm is coming. 

We figured that it’s best her grandma is here, in a secure home and a few minutes drive to the best hospitals. Not in the parts of the country that are completely detached from reality.

Dunno.  Like with nuclear chain reactions, physical distance can be a defense.  

• Like 1