Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

As a healthy 27 year old I’m still not sure what to make of this, I worry about my mom and grandma mainly. I just drove to Staten Island today for work and sort of surprised this job is still happening but I just do what my employer says. Hard to focus on work with all this going on. My kitchen remodel was supposed to start tomorrow but I told the dude to push it back a week since everything is so uncertain, don’t want to get halfway through and be in a mandatory shutdown with out a kitchen. That would suck. Since I work for the military I’m just waiting for them to say essential personal only, I’m not sure if it will actually happen or not. Stay safe people 

20 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

At least my daughter works in a food store. I can give her my debit card so she can pick up groceries for me. I have about a month of food in the freezer.

You might want to get some canned/non-perishable food as well.  If there's power disruptions, frozen food won't keep. 

• Like 1

Mind keeps going back and forth between:  

1)  That report I posted abut "Patient 31", who appears to be single-handedly responsible for like 2,000 COVID infections in S Korea.  And

2)  The number of people who have been conditioned that they can make diseases go away by not believing in them.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That would depend on what you think you're preparing for, and why.

However, various circumstances can always turn the stupidest of people into prophets.

Well I'd imagine for a lot of them, it doesn't matter so much what they were preparing for.  One thing they all seem to stock up on is food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twa said:

fill up your tank and buy a cheap inverter, it is good for minor ac power needs

It’s a good idea to get a solar charger for the backup batteries you use for your mobile devices. Aside from the current incident, they can be very handy during extended power outages and on camping trips. 

59 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

My wife’s family lives in rural Georgia. We are moving her mom and grandma to Maryland today to stay with us.

This thing isn’t widespread right now in rural areas but rural hospitals are already short on supply and manpower. When it gets into the deep red, rural parts of the country, a whole different kind of ****storm is coming. 

We figured that it’s best her grandma is here, in a secure home and a few minutes drive to the best hospitals. Not in the parts of the country that are completely detached from reality.

You all did the right thing. People think that running out to “the country” is a good bugout plan. In some cases it is, but the big issue with this option for any disaster is that rural areas have limited infrastructure to deal with an influx of city folk . In this case, it’s an especially bad idea because healthcare infrastructure is very limited in the vast majority of those areas. Many of them don’t have emergency rooms, limited ICU beds/staff, have a shortage of doctors, many of them older and hence at major risk from the virus themselves. Also, most of them are financially strapped and may not have stockpiled as much as they’d probably have liked to. I’ve seen rural communities pull together during emergencies, but at some point, that’s just not nearly enough.

On another note, DeBlasio is an idiot. It’s not a partisan thing for me. If you’re not actively telling your constituents what to do to save themselves and your community, you’re an irresponsible moron.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, just654 said:

I think it is a start. And it will be extended. Don’t cause riots

Ya, anything closed "indefinitely", the next question is always when they open back up again.  If we close anything, it assures an economic collapse, that's the lesson we need to learn from China. They figured that out before it happened. But damage was already done.

7 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

It’s a good idea to get a solar charger for the backup batteries you use for your mobile devices. Aside from the current incident, they can be very handy during extended power outages and on camping trips. 

Solar charger is a good idea.  I was thinking trying to figure out a way to generate power physically.  I have a 12 year old and 14 year old I could put on a treadmill while I binge watch a few shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's so obvious this man cares more about the economy then our lives, literally the first thing out his mouth right now.

Hes doubling down, going back to cooking, states are on their own.

Fauci is the only one who should be speaking right now

gop can end this anytime they want, but nah, off the cliff we go

• Like 6