Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

I really wanted us to invest at LB via FA last year. Same at TE. 

Reality is, those 10mil per years deals are very poor value. We almost have to accept FA isn’t quite the answer we want it to be. We need to get a quality LB or 2 and TE in via the draft.

Shopping in free agency is way more complex that it was. Far more over-priced crap that ever. Need to accumulate more round 3-4 round draft selections than before.

7 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Reality is, those 10mil per years deals are very poor value. We almost have to accept FA isn’t quite the answer we want it to be. We need to get a quality LB or 2 and TE in via the draft.

Shopping in free agency is way more complex that it was. Far more over-priced crap that ever. Need to accumulate more round 3-4 round draft selections than before.

this might be a better year for it though, with cap reductions

7 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think we got snake bit by the Zack Browns of the world 

I'm a little disappointed we didn't sign any OL to the practice squad this week.  We're down to one healthy back up tackle and he's the guy on the PS.  If nothing else right now we can't even get any additional help for the game against the Cowboys

I haven't watched him but he's one of the higher ranked 2021 FA's according to NFL.com

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-25-nfl-free-agents-in-2021-prospective-class-teeming-with-talent

Matt Milano
Buffalo Bills · LB · Age in 2021: 27

The Bills have found their version of Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly in Milano and Tremaine Edmunds, with Milano playing the Davis role.

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't watched him but he's one of the higher ranked 2021 FA's according to NFL.com

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-25-nfl-free-agents-in-2021-prospective-class-teeming-with-talent

Matt Milano
Buffalo Bills · LB · Age in 2021: 27

The Bills have found their version of Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly in Milano and Tremaine Edmunds, with Milano playing the Davis role.

Milano has been incredibly productive. Great to see from a 5th rounder. He is heavily missed by the Bills D when not in the lineup. 

And how about Lavante David! 30 years old is the only issue with him

6 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I'd still kick the tires on Reid. He'd cost 2 Mil tops. Bring him in.

We got guys dropping like flies. We need the help. It only takes half a brain to see this guy can help a bit, even if just in the short term.

is he willing to sign to the PS?  Because with covid protocols, he can't even enter the building for 5 days... Can't sign him to active this coming week because we play Thursday.  Maybe sign him Friday?  Get him into the building the following Wed and hope he can get up to speed by Sunday?  

10 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

is he willing to sign to the PS?  Because with covid protocols, he can't even enter the building for 5 days... Can't sign him to active this coming week because we play Thursday.  Maybe sign him Friday?  Get him into the building the following Wed and hope he can get up to speed by Sunday?  

I think it's more about guaranteed playing time with Reid. He wants to be on the field, but it seems our coaches really want to give everyone on the squad a chance and see what they've got to offer. See what Keim wrote earlier, they like what they see from Curl and would rather spend this season letting him develop than plug in Reid. 

8 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Does anyone think this is probably our best FA class we've had in a while? Fuller, Darby, McKissic, Schweitzer, KPL (depending on the day) make up one of the best classes we've had in a while imo. 

I think so. Kyle and company did a damn good job looking for guys on the cusp of taking a leap forward if given more opportunities. Plus, they did a good job in knowing when to not overpay for a FA, like with Austin Hooper who isn't doing much for the Browns. I'm hoping next year, we're setup to really take advantage of FA, especially after the team has a much better idea of who fits and who doesn't, going forwards. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

roster PFF grades

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 3.29.54 PM.png

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I liked their FA approach in real time back then, i like it even more now.  That was the first run of FA under Kyle Smith/Ron versus Santos/Bruce. 

Darby is going to be tricky to resign. He has clearly outearned the $4m salary he is getting this year. I would not want to pay him $10m either given he sucked for the last couple years before signing here. At the very least, don’t give him a big bonus

McKissic, Lucas, Thomas, Schweitzer all all very low price deals in 2021 as well, solid holdovers into next season.

Darby, plus Moreau being impending FA’s, would be nice or retain one of those at least to plug that potential gap. Darby at 10mil per year would put me off as well to be honest. Been playing very well though.

Archived