Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

Yup.  I mean, KOC is connected to the Rams (and their coaching tree) and the Pats (and by corollary their coaching tree).  Ditto Jay with the Raiders, Vikings (Zimmer is tight with him).  Ditto with Callahan (Dallas, etc).  His work ethic issues were bound to get out.

excuse me, but the guys who had him last year had him for one year, supposedly didn't want him and were lame ducks.  He supposedly worked his ass off this  offseason

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, I fell for it. I'll admit it. But there is a difference between "working harder" and "not working hard enough." All legitimate reports pertain to the latter.

Or the difference between working hard, and working smart.

NFL isn't just about effort, but about strategy too.

Question is, regarding a player's offseason plan, isn't just about the degree of it, but whether it's the type of work that will translate significantly onto the football field.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Or the difference between working hard, and working smart.

NFL isn't just about effort, but about strategy too.

Question is, regarding a player's offseason plan, isn't just about the degree of it, but whether it's the type of work that will translate significantly onto the football field.

and the issue with that is whatever his offseason plan as of the end of his rookie season had to be scrapped and re-written by the time it could be implemented

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

So are there no decent trade rumors in the media today. Packers being keen on Fuller seems to be the main one I’ve read.

sure, first round draft pick please

1 hour ago, carex said:

ah.  I see Will Fuller's a free agent to be.  Think Kendall could influence his brother to come here?  Or would he not be worth it?

He might be able to, although I don't know if we need another Fuller at corner and Corey hasn't played in years.

In other words, Will isn't related.

49ers cut WR Dante Pettis.

May be worth a gamble, pending some poking and prodding.

We should keep an eye on the waiver wire. Because like Pettis, some decent players may be cut right about now, because their current teams were unsuccessful at finding a trading partner for them before the deadline. Like this watermelon.

fred armisen dumpster diving GIF by IFC

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

49ers cut WR Dante Pettis.

May be worth a gamble, pending some poking and prodding.

We should keep an eye on the waiver wire. Because like Pettis, some decent players may be cut right about now, because their current teams were unsuccessful at finding a trading partner for them before the deadline. Like this watermelon.

fred armisen dumpster diving GIF by IFC

Ginn got released too... and him and Rivera were together in Carolina, he's old (35) but you wonder if someone goes down.. if Rivera picks up the phone.  He's likely very cheap. 

I am actually intrigued with Foster.... 

23 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, I fell for it. I'll admit it. But there is a difference between "working harder" and "not working hard enough." All legitimate reports pertain to the latter.

Agreed.

Haskins strikes me as the kind of worker that always wants the boss to know how hard they're working when he can see him be that through workouts posted to twitter or studying film at times when he knows others will notice.

What he does on his own time when no one is observing him is another story entirely. 

Thought this was a kind of interesting positive to be said for our free agency moves so far

Washington’s front office found value in free agency …

With Kyle Smith promoted to VP of player personnel and Rivera having final say with personnel, Washington landed several productive, low-cost free agents. McKissic and fellow running back Peyton Barber combine to earn roughly $2.9 million, or $600,000 less than former Washington rusher Chris Thompson’s average salary the prior two seasons.

Thomas signed for two years, $6.145 million. His primary statistics — 208 yards and three touchdowns on 21 receptions — are in line with Austin Hooper, a free-agent target who signed a four-year, $42 million contract with Cleveland.

Cornerback Ronald Darby and linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis have easily outplayed their one-year deals for less than $3 million each. Swing tackle Cornelius Lucas shined in his spot start against Dallas. There have been some misses — safety Sean Davis and wide receiver Cody Latimer — but Washington has posted a solid batting average to date on the majority of its depth additions.

https://theathletic.com/2180573/2020/11/05/the-qb-plan-dwayne-haskins-future-2021-starters-what-weve-learned-about-wft/

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

My wish is that if and when we get officially eliminated from the playoffs, that we insert Montez in at QB.

If for no other reason, that I'm just curious how he looks.

He'd probably similar to anyone the Cowboys are starting these days. Ben DiNucci 2.0?

Archived