Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

24 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

From 3-13, and the 2nd worst team of the year before

Sorry, not buying it. Our two wins have come in the division and the only other close contest was a divisional game. The other 4 loses came by a combined 63 points or basically 16 points each. I don't see another confidently winnable game outside of the division for the year. Not the way Burrow has been playing in Cincy, or Swift and Hockenson in Detroit), certainly not Carolina, Pittsburgh, SF or Seattle. 

I wouldn't count out a repeat 3-13 season just quite yet. 

44 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Problem is we’ll make it to 5-11 anyway as the division is that bad. The goal is now to hit 7-9 and sail into the paloffs. May as well just sit back and ride it out, as long as we keep picks through rounds 1-4, don’t stress too much.:pint:

In order to hit 7-9 we have to go 5-4 the rest of the way. Find me 5 wins. 

46 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Sorry, not buying it. Our two wins have come in the division and the only other close contest was a divisional game. The other 4 loses came by a combined 63 points or basically 16 points each. I don't see another confidently winnable game outside of the division for the year. Not the way Burrow has been playing in Cincy, or Swift and Hockenson in Detroit), certainly not Carolina, Pittsburgh, SF or Seattle. 

I wouldn't count out a repeat 3-13 season just quite yet. 

You'd be surprised, things change throughout the season as you know. This WFT is not the same team it was a month ago when Haskins was the starting QB. 5 wins?? Here goes:

NYG, Cincy, Dallas, SF, Detroit, Carolina, Philly....that's 7 wins. I think the team steps up for Coach Ron and takes out Carolina and their rookie head coach. Don't overrate them. SF lost to Philly and is a different team from week to week. I wouldn't rule out beating Detroit either....

The WFT is getting better and their confidence is growing. Montez Sweat is coming into his own and Chase Young is just getting started. I see 5 wins or more if we can avoid any further major injuries....

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

You'd be surprised, things change throughout the season as you know. This WFT is not the same team it was a month ago when Haskins was the starting QB. 5 wins?? Here goes:

NYG, Cincy, Dallas, SF, Detroit, Carolina, Philly....that's 7 wins. I think the team steps up for Coach Ron and takes out Carolina and their rookie head coach. Don't overrate them. SF lost to Philly and is a different team from week to week. I wouldn't rule out beating Detroit either....

The WFT is getting better and their confidence is growing. Montez Sweat is coming into his own and Chase Young is just getting started. I see 5 wins or more if we can avoid any further major injuries....

I hope you’re right but just as I did when the fan base here we’re planning the parade after the eagles game, I’m gonna take a very cautiously optimistic approach to how the rest of this season will play out.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I hope you’re right but just as I did when the fan base here we’re planning the parade after the eagles game, I’m gonna take a very cautiously optimistic approach to how the rest of this season will play out.

Get excited...did you read about Terry Mac's speech to the team after the Cowboys win? These guys are tired of losing and have good leadership in place. We are a dangerous team with our d-line and Kyle Allen can run this offense....We beat the **** out of Dallas and it felt good to the players. This is not the same old Redskins....I believe they have high expectations for themselves.

18 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Get excited...did you read about Terry Mac's speech to the team after the Cowboys win? These guys are tired of losing and have good leadership in place. We are a dangerous team with our d-line and Kyle Allen can run this offense....We beat the **** out of Dallas and it felt good to the players. This is not the same old Redskins....I believe they have high expectations for themselves.

Hold onto that hope. You’re lucky. I’m not there yet. I remember when everyone went nuts because of supposed Haskins halftime speech.

sorry, I know I’m negative Nancy. 

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Hold onto that hope. You’re lucky. I’m not there yet. I remember when everyone went nuts because of supposed Haskins halftime speech.

sorry, I know I’m negative Nancy. 

I think you're just a realist, everyone else is drinking the kool-aid. It's very natural in sports to overrate your own team's chances and many here are. Teams like Carolina or Detroit aren't great, but they're competent. In fact, both beat Arizona. The same Arizona team that walked over Washington. Outside of the NFC East and maybe the Bengals, all these games are tough. I can see stealing 1-2 games if things break right. But it would take a lot of luck and a lot of things going right to get to 7-9. And all that gets you is a likely first round ****slap from the Saints or Rams or Cardinals. It's probably moot. Philly seems to be getting their crap together.

What is the procedure when signing a player off a team’s practice squad?  Is it just a signing or does a team provide any type of compensation?  I think we should really take a deep look at other teams practice players to fill our team in areas of need such as wide receiver or safety.  I want hungry players on this team who are playing for an opportunity.

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Is it though? Does winning the worst division in the history of football show progress of any kind?

Somewhat reminiscent of 2015 to me. We were just coming off a terrible season and had a shiny new toy in leadership (Scott then, Rivera now) and the 9-7 season gave a bit of false hope.

2 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Somewhat reminiscent of 2015 to me. We were just coming off a terrible season and had a shiny new toy in leadership (Scott then, Rivera now) and the 9-7 season gave a bit of false hope.

our next few years had us as one of the most injured teams in the NFL. 

38 minutes ago, Jericho said:

It's very natural in sports to overrate your own team's chances and many here are.

The opposite happens too.

Fans can under-rate their own team.

It's the fear of getting hurt again.

Once you've been burned in a relationship, you can be much more hesitant to dive into another relationship, because of that fragile broken heart.

It's the same way in sports.

When a team breaks a fan's heart, the fan often says to the team, "You will never hurt me again. I am lowering my expectations toward you, so that my heart becomes callous and numb, and doesn't feel the heartbreak of losses any longer"

57 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The opposite happens too.

Fans can under-rate their own team.

It's the fear of getting hurt again.

Once you've been burned in a relationship, you can be much more hesitant to dive into another relationship, because of that fragile broken heart.

It's the same way in sports.

When a team breaks a fan's heart, the fan often says to the team, "You will never hurt me again. I am lowering my expectations toward you, so that my heart becomes callous and numb, and doesn't feel the heartbreak of losses any longer"

I think it’s easier to look at the glass half empty with this team based on the last few years than it is to look at it half full. We’re also sitting at 2-5 and going crazy because we beat perhaps the 2nd or 3rd worst team in football. I think we’re overrating Dallas more than we are our team. Outside of the DL the roster is that of a last place team. I actually had more confidence for this year at the end of last season than I do right now.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I think it’s easier to look at the glass half empty with this team based on the last few years than it is to look at it half full. We’re also sitting at 2-5 and going crazy because we beat perhaps the 2nd or 3rd worst team in football. I think we’re overrating Dallas more than we are our team. Outside of the DL the roster is that of a last place team. I actually had more confidence for this year at the end of last season than I do right now.

I will fully admit that I over-rate the team, to a degree, and it's conscious and intentional - however it is not mere emotion, but to the contrary, has rational reasoning behind it.

First, I am an optimist. If there is a slimmer of hope, I'll grab it.

Second, I believe that in life, and even more-so in sports, that anything can happen. Basically, the "any given Sunday" idea. Football is not an exact science, or even close to it. No matter how many science-based stats or formulas you come up with, it's no guarantee to predict what will happen in an upcoming game or games.

I also do not believe that the past is a super reliable indicator of what will happen in the future. If a team starts the season 3-5, many people assume their 2nd half of the season will be about 3-5. There's too many other factors that could change the course of the season, and create a different 2nd half of the season, than the first.

Third, and this is may almost seem redundant to the other points, but I also follow the concept "It ain't over, til it's over." In other words, I will absolutely not give up on a team/season, until they are mathematically eliminated, and it's proven impossible that they cannot make the playoffs. Again, anything can happen. And actually - the unexpected doesn't just happen, but it happens quite frequently. For example, it's not that uncommon for a team to win several more games in the 2nd half of the season, than they did in the first half of the season.

Oh I’m not giving up on them, but I continue to view this season the way it was supposed to be viewed - as an evaluation. This is to me the preseason in that we’re figuring out who deserves to stay and who to go. Wins are nice and all but any time we’re sacrificing evaluation for the hope of winning is, to me, a wasted opportunity. Winning is a marathon, not a sprint.

7 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Impossible to tell, we might win 5 games, we might go winless from here on in. We shouldn’t underestimate how poor half the league actually is and how many teams win quickly fold as the season progresses.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Impossible to tell, we might win 5 games, we might go winless from here on in. We shouldn’t underestimate how poor half the league actually is and how many teams win quickly fold as the season progresses.

With our schedule we could rattle off 4 wins in a short amount of time moving forward.

Or we could totally flop and go 2-14. I have no expectations. 

I do not want to win the division at 4-12 or 5-11 though. That’s nightmare fuel.

1 hour ago, steve09ru said:

I know a few were interested in bringing in Worley in the offseason.  Just released by Cowboys, do we take a shot and bring him in?

Yeah I was one. Drafted by Rivera and links with JDR. Bit of off field history though I think.

51 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yeah I was one. Drafted by Rivera and links with JDR. Bit of off field history though I think.

was looking into it more and looks like Del Rio was fired from Oakland prior to Worley arriving so no ties there.  He was solid with Oakland though

https://www.raidersbeat.com/raiders-would-be-wise-to-re-sign-daryl-worley-much-sooner-than-later/

12 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

was looking into it more and looks like Del Rio was fired from Oakland prior to Worley arriving so no ties there.  He was solid with Oakland though

https://www.raidersbeat.com/raiders-would-be-wise-to-re-sign-daryl-worley-much-sooner-than-later/

I'll never trust any stat that has Prince Amukamara at the top unless it's "most disappointing"

16 hours ago, Jericho said:

I think you're just a realist, everyone else is drinking the kool-aid. It's very natural in sports to overrate your own team's chances and many here are. Teams like Carolina or Detroit aren't great, but they're competent. In fact, both beat Arizona. The same Arizona team that walked over Washington. Outside of the NFC East and maybe the Bengals, all these games are tough. I can see stealing 1-2 games if things break right. But it would take a lot of luck and a lot of things going right to get to 7-9. And all that gets you is a likely first round ****slap from the Saints or Rams or Cardinals. It's probably moot. Philly seems to be getting their crap together.

Personally, I can see the difference in this team now as opposed to the first month of the season. They are figuring things out, guys are gelling, dumb penalties are fewer, the QB play is much better and they are buying into the coaches message. Antonio Gibson said he is still figuring out how to be patient and wait for blocks to develop. Terry Mac said his chemistry with Allen is just beginning to develop. Logan Thomas is becoming a weapon. There are signs all over the team that this is not the same team that lost the early season games. I'm not drinking Kool Aid, just looking at what i see and listening to what I hear. These guys like RR and respect him....we are on the right track and teams are gonna see that.

Archived