Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

I've heard rumblings that people speculate he's the successor, but why haven't we seen him at guard?  If he's good enough to potentially be our starting C, you would imagine he had pushed the guards for playing time, unless they're devoted to him being the back C and mastering that position... 

They actually did have him at guard a few times, at least in practice. Can't remember if he played any snaps in game, but I saw a report where he was next man up if Wes Schweitzer was unable to play against the rams.

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

I've heard rumblings that people speculate he's the successor, but why haven't we seen him at guard?  If he's good enough to potentially be our starting C, you would imagine he had pushed the guards for playing time, unless they're devoted to him being the back C and mastering that position... 

We had to give Martin some time, Schweitzer is there at swing guard, we wanted Charles to play there, Garnett was also available.  We weren't going to be constantly swapping so that left him at best fourth string, most of the time fifth

46 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Probably isn't strong enough to play guard. I think the scouting reports on him said he needed a year or two to continue developing his body.

To be fair, Roullier is not a good guard either. His play dropped when we had to plug Bergstrom in at center and move Roullier to guard.

On 10/28/2020 at 11:12 PM, PartyPosse said:

I think it’s easier to look at the glass half empty with this team based on the last few years than it is to look at it half full. We’re also sitting at 2-5 and going crazy because we beat perhaps the 2nd or 3rd worst team in football. I think we’re overrating Dallas more than we are our team. Outside of the DL the roster is that of a last place team. I actually had more confidence for this year at the end of last season than I do right now.

A lot of my confidence moving forward with this team is my faith in RR and how he will mold this entire organization into his team. Sure the roster needs help, but there are a LOT of players from winning college programs and that is very important. When you give a group of winners a leader that they believe in then you've got a dangerous team. Throw in JDR's history of success as a defensive coordinator and we should be in for a fun 2nd half of the season. We need to get Sims Jr. back and commit to getting the ball to Gibson and T-Mac and the offense will continue to get better. Glass is half full here, because of the head coach.

... a team is looking for a high-ceiling QB to develop, Washington would part with him for the right price. As of now, that market has been relatively quiet. As of now, that market has been relatively quiet. While Washington is open to dealing pass-rusher Ryan Anderson, it seems it is intent on keeping Ryan Kerrigan for all he means to the organization.

https://www.nfl.com/news/could-the-packers-add-on-offense-a-look-at-potential-moves-as-trade-deadline-loo

Kerrigan requesting a trade hurts only because I can’t imagine seeing him in another uniform.   God knows he deserves it though. Has been on a terrible team for 10 years and has never complained and has always said the right thing.  As much as I would hate to see it I hope the organization does the right thing. 

If Kerrigan wants out now, he's clearly going to leave in the offseason. Unless the offers are terrible, seems like a no-brainer to move him. But...this team never seems to do no-brainer moves and always seems to try and "win now" despite never being close to really being able to "win now".

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

If Houston is peddling their WRs, would you trade a 4th for Cooks?  He's got a serious concussion history and is set to make 12 for the next three years, but he's a legit deep threat and can take pressure off of Terry.

No....doesn't feel right. 

9 minutes ago, Jericho said:

If Kerrigan wants out now, he's clearly going to leave in the offseason. Unless the offers are terrible, seems like a no-brainer to move him. But...this team never seems to do no-brainer moves and always seems to try and "win now" despite never being close to really being able to "win now".

Sounds crazy but "win now" is what this team needs to do. The players are very vocal about wanting to win now and RR has said he's not patient enough for a rebuild. Establishing a winning culture this year may also encourage Kerrigan to stay next season if all offers are equal. He's unlikely to have much of a market for big money....I could see him staying in DC or maybe moving on to a place like Tennessee if they have any money to pay him. I get what you're saying though but I think there is more to it than just trading veteran assets for picks. 

If he’s requested a trade, and there are trade partners, and you can get value back then trade him.

We’ll never know but if all those conditions are met and they DON’T trade him then nothing has changed. Stop letting emotion and nostalgia influence decisions and start letting the football dictate the moves.

42 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Kerrigan requesting a trade hurts only because I can’t imagine seeing him in another uniform.   God knows he deserves it though. Has been on a terrible team for 10 years and has never complained and has always said the right thing.  As much as I would hate to see it I hope the organization does the right thing. 

Do you feel he wants to leave because of the franchise or playing time? 

44 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

No....doesn't feel right. 

Sounds crazy but "win now" is what this team needs to do. The players are very vocal about wanting to win now and RR has said he's not patient enough for a rebuild. Establishing a winning culture this year may also encourage Kerrigan to stay next season if all offers are equal. He's unlikely to have much of a market for big money....I could see him staying in DC or maybe moving on to a place like Tennessee if they have any money to pay him. I get what you're saying though but I think there is more to it than just trading veteran assets for picks. 

The other 52 players can still "win now". It's not like Kerrigan alone is going to add 2-3 wins over the next 9 games. So it's not really preventing the team from winning. Besides, trading Kerrigan isn't a "tanking" move if he asks for it. Kerrigan clearly wants to play and he's not getting the snaps here to do that. That won't change next year unless Young/Sweat get hurt.

Kerrigan earned the right to get playing time on a contender. If this is true and we don’t honor his request it’s just another in a long line of disrespectful player decisions and proof it wasn’t just Bruce that did wrong. Also, if all this is true it’s the kind of thing that may make other players either on our team or free agents hesitate about coming or staying here long term.

Archived