Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

33 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

If the Cowboys, who are one of the worst defenses in recent history, and the worst defense in their franchise history...releases a player because he wasn't good enough for them...why would any team want that player?

That's the kiss of death.

he wouldn't cost and just came off back to back solid years.  could be scheme change (we've seen the same with other players)

34 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

If the Cowboys, who are one of the worst defenses in recent history, and the worst defense in their franchise history...releases a player because he wasn't good enough for them...why would any team want that player?

Maybe he was one of the anonymous players criticizing McCarthy and they nipped it in the bud.

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I think it’s unfair to judge corners and safeties when they’re on a team getting absolutely no pressure on a QB. Eventually everyone gets burned when they’re chasing after a receiver for 7 seconds.

If you look at the guys we signed in the subject line, it looks like we've gotten quite a bit of mileage out of them.

Hasn't translated to much wins, but maybe we'd be worse without them. Surely our defense is benefitting from some of them.

And the OL backups probably have stabilized it somewhat, and kept it from falling into even more shambles.

I'll take any positive I can get from that.

11 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

How about a lower mid round pick offer to the Jags for Andrew Norwell. 

Loved by Rivera in Carolina, referred to him as the ultimate LG, lost him through FA.

Nah Schweitzer is good enough and should take Scherff's RG spot next year

46 minutes ago, method man said:

Nah Schweitzer is good enough and should take Scherff's RG spot next year

I also like Schweitzer. Him at RG, Norwell at LG works doesn’t it? In fact, trade Scherff now for a higher pick that what you then give away for Norwell. 

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I also like Schweitzer. Him at RG, Norwell at LG works doesn’t it? In fact, trade Scherff now for a higher pick that what you then give away for Norwell. 

No one is trading for an injury-prone guard who you can’t sign until after the season is done.

35 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think Charles will turn out to be an above average starter at LG if he can stay healthy. I feel good about playing him once he gets back after the bye.

I don't think teams will be trading anything of value for Scherff given the remaining cap hit he brings with him and his frequent injuries. I'd rather keep him rest of this year as we try to make our playoff push

48 minutes ago, method man said:

I think Charles will turn out to be an above average starter at LG if he can stay healthy. I feel good about playing him once he gets back after the bye.

to be honest i agree with this on Charles. He’s got the chance to make the LG berth his. We just need to see him play.

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

i dont know why we think he is a good fit for either position. He's ****ing played 2 total snaps so far. 

He’s a fairly talented, if not clean, prospect hand picked by this regime. If we aren’t using some projection here what is the point? We can all google the depth chart just fine if we’re only looking for what’s happened so far. 

10 hours ago, HanburgerHelper55 said:

Do we need to find a center or should we give our former left guard a shot?

I don't think Chase is that bad.  In fact he grades out pretty well.  When he has jags on either side of him, it looks like he's getting beat up.  As of right now, PFF has him graded at 69.4, committed 3 penalties, and is not 'faulted' for any sacks this year. 

The position COULD use an upgrade, but there are a handful of other holes I'd prefer to address first. 

Lot of proposed trades here involving WFY players. We’ve generally talked about trading Kerrigan/Anderson but Moreau has been ignored. Given he barely plays and won’t be back I’d love a 6th or pick swap for him. We have enough depth behind him if he gets hurt anyway

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-2020-one-trade-every-team-should-make-32-different-scenarios/?fbclid=IwAR3ArlrKSOfdik6oiX9-oX5IDlV1fL5_JIAOu-IFugzxYiW9ONZCdTpbwDY

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

I don't think Chase is that bad.  In fact he grades out pretty well.  When he has jags on either side of him, it looks like he's getting beat up.  As of right now, PFF has him graded at 69.4, committed 3 penalties, and is not 'faulted' for any sacks this year. 

The position COULD use an upgrade, but there are a handful of other holes I'd prefer to address first. 

No one hates Chase. The issue is many of us think he’ll get overpaid in FA like Spencer Long was. I’d rather not pay him $6m-$7m a year. If we are talking $3m annually, that’s another story

people talking trades, with the six day period before guys can play because of I don't see any trades taking place on Tuesday.  You're down to week 10 by then with just six or seven games to be played.  I think Saturday may be considered the effective deadline

2 minutes ago, carex said:

people talking trades, with the six day period before guys can play because of I don't see any trades taking place on Tuesday.  You're down to week 10 by then with just six or seven games to be played.  I think Saturday may be considered the effective deadline

Some more players will suffer serious injuries this weekend, necessitating trades for contending teams

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

Plus, we have Keith Ismael as his assumed successor. Need to see what we have in him first.

I've heard rumblings that people speculate he's the successor, but why haven't we seen him at guard?  If he's good enough to potentially be our starting C, you would imagine he had pushed the guards for playing time, unless they're devoted to him being the back C and mastering that position... 

Archived