Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

As posted elsewhere, the impending bad news on Landon Collins could well mean a strong look at Eric Reid.

Will be interesting to see if Dan okays it. He was quoted making excuses about not signing Kaepernick - ex "We'll lose corporate sponsors"

Just now, method man said:

Will be interesting to see if Dan okays it. He was quoted making excuses about not signing Kaepernick - ex "We'll lose corporate sponsors"

I think that ship has sailed a little with Dan :ols:. You’d think Reid gets a visit now.

13 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

A lot of teams need pass rushers.  I'm surprised Ryan Anderson hasn't been moved yet. 

is he really a pass rusher?  I always got a feeling that his ideal position was the 3-4 OLB that we didn't use in our scheme.  The one who played opposite the rush LB and didn't go after the QB while the three down linemen joined the edge rusher.  Carl Banks to Lawrence Taylor essentially

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

No disrespect SIP but I take what JLC says with as a grain of salt.  :)

No one is right always, JLC though is far from wrong always.  Same dude who said first that Dan loved Haskins and that's the target before the 2019 draft.  Same dude who said Trent was unhappy first but he was wrong that he would be traded though he ultimately ended up right, just took awhile

37 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

That JLC Ryan Anderson tweet reads like a copy/paste job from our front office trying to spur talk in the market 

“we promise he’s actually really good we just can’t do anything about all these 1st round picks we drafted to replace him”

Or a favor for Ryan's agent.   It would help Ryan in FA if he can get some reps this season. 

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No one is right always, JLC though is far from wrong always.  Same dude who said first that Dan loved Haskins and that's the target before the 2019 draft.  Same dude who said Trent was unhappy first but he was wrong that he would be traded though he ultimately ended up right, just took awhile

Or a favor for Ryan's agent.   It would help Ryan in FA if he can get some reps this season. 

He's definitely close to Anderson's agent.  He wrote a glowing piece on him pre-draft and extolling his virtues.  We have Orchard on the practice squad (I think) and Smith-Williams too.  If we could get a 7th back, that would be great considering I doubt we resign him.

11 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

He's definitely close to Anderson's agent.  He wrote a glowing piece on him pre-draft and extolling his virtues.  We have Orchard on the practice squad (I think) and Smith-Williams too.  If we could get a 7th back, that would be great considering I doubt we resign him.

Yep, I know I recall the article about Anderson.

36 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He wasn't good or athletic when he was here, I doubt he's gotten more athletic wince he's been gone. 

He was Cole Holcomb last year at best. Decent instincts but wasn't a great tackler and wasn't overly physical. Strength just wasn't there.

27 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

He was Cole Holcomb last year at best. Decent instincts but wasn't a great tackler and wasn't overly physical. Strength just wasn't there.

Nah, he had NO SPEED.  He was a major reason why they lost against the Giants the last game of the year (for a playoff spot).  

4 hours ago, carex said:

is he really a pass rusher?  I always got a feeling that his ideal position was the 3-4 OLB that we didn't use in our scheme.  The one who played opposite the rush LB and didn't go after the QB while the three down linemen joined the edge rusher.  Carl Banks to Lawrence Taylor essentially

He's listed as a DE on the Washington site but more of a hybrid, albeit undersized.  Yes once they transitioned to a 4-3 he became expendable.

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/team/players-roster/ryan-anderson/

https://riggosrag.com/2020/05/31/three-redskins-defenders-heavily-impacted-4-3-scheme-change/4/

In 2019, Anderson showed growth as a pass rusher, notching 4.0 sacks with his motor off the line. But now in 2020, his outlook is clouded, as there’s no clear-cut spot for him in the 4-3 defense.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

He's listed as a DE on the Washington site but more of a hybrid, albeit undersized.  Yes once they transitioned to a 4-3 he became expendable.

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/team/players-roster/ryan-anderson/

https://riggosrag.com/2020/05/31/three-redskins-defenders-heavily-impacted-4-3-scheme-change/4/

In 2019, Anderson showed growth as a pass rusher, notching 4.0 sacks with his motor off the line. But now in 2020, his outlook is clouded, as there’s no clear-cut spot for him in the 4-3 defense.

Yea, that must be what Rivera meant in TC, when he said he hopes to "find a home for Anderson".

Wouldn't it be nice if he could play either Safety position. He probably have to cut a little weight though at least

The only job Will Compton could really fill here is team psychologist. What he did for/to Sua he can do for/to Haskins. As for linebacking skill, I carry a torch for Zach Vigil more than I do for Compton, but neither is better than what we already have.

Anyone see that unsubstantiated incarcerated bob tweet saying we were in on a potential Marvin Jones trade with a bunch of other possible teams? He mostly throws crap against the wall and rarely gets anything right, but worth noting anyways. 

Archived