Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

21 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Right it was an example not a specific. Do that with him and/or other players. 

With what the cap is likely to be next year, they would have to do that with many players to get even. And then they have to sign draft picks and only have like 40 players under contract next year. Estimates put the cap at 198 for next year, if so they are still almost 50 million over the cap and need to sign 13 more players to fill out their roster. Heck they probably have to clear 60 million just to get their draft picks in.

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

3 of the FA's in the thread title, didn't even make the team

Better than when our first-round pick didn't make the starting lineup, never played a down, and then didn't even make the team the next year.

Oh, and you traded your second and third picks to get him.

Oh, and you traded those to Dallas.

27 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Better than when our first-round pick didn't make the starting lineup, never played a down, and then didn't even make the team the next year.

Oh, and you traded your second and third picks to get him.

Oh, and you traded those to Dallas.

Andre Johnson tell me it isn't so.

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

3 of the FA's in the thread title, didn't even make the team

Factually true, though Rodgers and Vujnovich were never expected to make the team to begin with. Though apparently Rodgers is now on Philly, who previously picked up Caleb Wilson. They love Washington TE castoffs. Too bad Washington's TEs are probably the worst in the league, so imagine the cuts.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Just saw that leveon bell got released. How would we feel about adding him to our RB group?

How would he help this offense? Is he going to add anything that Gibson/McKissick don't for the added cost to be worth it?

If Le'Veon Bell's name was "Allen Robinson" I'd listen, though :ols:

11 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Just saw that leveon bell got released. How would we feel about adding him to our RB group?

I actually like Bell, but his style of play wouldn't work with our crappy O-line. Can you imagine him taking the handoff and then patiently waiting for a gap to develop? 4-Yard loss, 3-yard loss, 4-yard loss, etc. etc.

6 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I actually like Bell, but his style of play wouldn't work with our crappy O-line. Can you imagine him taking the handoff and then patiently waiting for a gap to develop? 4-Yard loss, 3-yard loss, 4-yard loss, etc. etc.

Followed by injured reserve......

11 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Would feel better about adding him to our WR group.

11 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Hard pass. Drama queen.  Forced his way off two teams. We have enough problems, we don't need more.

What’s one more problem gunna do? Get AB, Bell, trade for Aj Green, draft Lawrence or fields. Plan the parade 

I

4 hours ago, max21 said:

What’s one more problem gunna do?

That's beginning to be my thinking.

I'm starting to become less and less concerned with the possibility that a FA we sign, could be a distraction.

If we were a true contender, and our whole team was in the ultimate state of harmony and only needed to plug 1 position, then yes, I would be concerned about disrupting a good situation.

But at this point, as bad as we are, are we in a position to be super picky about players ? And even if a FA experiment fails, is it really a huge loss ?

If you measure Risk vs. Reward in our particular situation, it appears worth the risk.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I

That's beginning to be my thinking.

I'm starting to become less and less concerned with the possibility that a FA we sign, could be a distraction.

Have you met Mr. Haskins yet? Tweeting agents, and stomach aches don't sit well in this administration 

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Wonder If there’ll be a bit more activity that usual per trade deadline. Teams looking ahead to next year and a possible low salary cap situation. Look to shift some contracts for draft capital to balance the numbers out.

Wonder if we'll see any more trades like the Cards Texans and teams getting a good draft pick for taking on a big bad contract.

With the NFL threatening draft picks, I cant see teams wanting to jet in talent from across the country and other facility unless you really have to. Even with the approaching cap crunch, this is the year not to trade. You can always move contracts after the year, when you don't have to actively have people in your building.

Most teams should do their best walking wounded shuffle and try to make it through the year. (Zombie Pun)

Archived