Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

40 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Let’s gooooo!

Tamarick Hemingway

COMBINE RESULTS

Height: 6'4 ⅞"

Weight: 244 lbs.

40 Time: 4.71s

3-Cone: 6.88s

Short Shuttle: 4.31s

POSITIVES

An easy-moving athlete who dominated the competition at South Carolina State, Temarrick Hemingway has the size, length (34-inch arms) and hand size (10 inches) that every scout looks for. As a pass-catcher, he presents a big opportunity in the red zone and up the seam.

Hemingway plays to his strengths and uses his tools well. He has excellent initial quickness and explodes off the line like he's chasing someone. As a route-runner, Hemingway has quick feet and loose hips. He can use a head or shoulder fake to shake defensive backs and sets up his stem well.

Hemingway won the 2015 Walter Payton Achievement Award—an award given to a player who shows character and team spirit. He's not NFL-ready right away but has the triangle numbers (height, weight, speed) and length to excite coaches in the later rounds.

NEGATIVES

Hemingway looks like a wide receiver and plays like one too. He's not built to block on the line and is best suited to a "move" tight end role.

Despite excellent first-step speed, Hemingway doesn't sustain that quickness as well down the field. He loses his leverage with speed by struggling to have any pull-away juice. With the ball in his hands, Hemingway carries it like a loaf of bread. He'll be an easy strip target in the NFL.

To play as a true tight end, Hemingway will have to put on bulk. He's super thin and lanky and doesn't get low in the power game, which kills his chance at holding up as a blocker on the edge. With below-average read-and-react skills as both a route-runner and blocker, Hemingway doesn't project as a first-year impact player.

I love the Hemmingway move. I read that scouting report after one of my earlier posts about Hemm and liked it. I'm not as bothered by his lack of blocking because we just lived with Reed and how bad was he? It's not like Turner tries to run the ball.

The question becomes can he be more than third or fourth on the depth chart? Really after Thomas he's the most productive guy at that spot with 10 yards. Does that mean he's our number 2 guy? 

On a side note, i really feel like we're becoming Carolina North in a bad way. They were a bad team last year. We have many of the same coaches, same players and were expecting better results. I mean Ron talked about how good our talent was but he's not playing SDH or Holcomb or piercebacher or Hentges or Haskins or Love or a lot of the young talent we wanted to see grow. 

We have to give Kyle and the FO guys props on what is looking like a solid FA class. No they did not get Cooper or Hooper but they were able to find some good talent on good contracts. 

- Fuller is looking like someone who is going to make the Pro Bowl this year. It's great to have him back and great to see him crushing it as an outside corner (I thought he was a pure slot cover guy)

- Some of you will disagree but I think Schweitzer is a solid starting guard for a good team. He is no Pro Bowler but he is on a bargain contract if he can stay a starter for 2 more years

- KPL is the best LB on this team, which isn't saying much, but he has shown me he can be slightly below average to average starter. As Cooley has pointed out, he is competent in zone coverage. I bet he looks better if he didn't have to play next to Bostic, SDH and Davis. He is on a one year deal so they should see if they can extend him for peanuts for a couple more years (he is 29 so not the youngest guy)

- Darby has been a solid starter this year and his 1 year deal is a bargain. Given his injury history, though, I hope they don't give him a big extension like the one Zach Brown got after his 1 year deal

- McKissic is a solid 3rd down back and would be for a good team

- Logan Thomas has shown he is not a no. 1 TE but I think he is good enough to be a no. 2 TE and you have him for one more year at $3.6M, which is solid value for the position (for reference, this team was paying V. Davis $6M+ a year to be a no. 2 TE)

The two Davises and Barber suck but at least these were all low risk contracts.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Hope he does better than the last Alabama player we signed named Foster

In Reuben fosters defense, he can play for us next year right? He could still be a great player for us 

12 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

In Reuben fosters defense, he can play for us next year right? He could still be a great player for us 

He’s a UFA. Would be smart for him to take a 1 year minimum contract here

On 10/19/2020 at 1:15 PM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

It’s hard to imagine how Davis could have been so poor in camp.

I never understood that decision.

I mean perhaps Apke did outplay him but you can't tell me Davis wasn't worthy of being on this roster in some capacity.

• Like 1

Foster blew up a couple years ago in the second half of the year.  Seemed like a guy on the rise.  But for whatever reason, they just stopped playing him. I dont know what that was about.

1 hour ago, philibusters said:

Spain could be a decent value but you need to find out more about what happened with Buffalo.   Without that knowledge its hard to steer a course of action.

At minimum, they need to be first on line to find out.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I wonder what it would take to get Anthony Harris?

From what I remember the Vikings weren't asking for much in trade compensation to move him in the offseason.  The issue was Harris contract demands.  He's a late bloomer and currently 29 years old.  He only makes sense for this team if they're planning on signing him to extension and how much do you want to spend on a safety who turns 30 next season when you're already paying an underachiever in Collins  $14M a year?  They can decline Collins option in the offseason but I think his cap hit would be $18M in 2021.

• Thanks 1

At this point I’m not sure I unload assets to sign a guy who has a contract coming up and may not stay. 

We could accidentally win enough games to finish 6-10 and win the division and pick 19th.

Now, if the move was to get a piece that legitimately shores the team up to the point we could win the division AND go on a playoff run? Fine. 

But I’m not sure either guy is that.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Anyone know the answer to this ?

Since you're required to put the player on the 53 man roster, if you swipe him from another team's Practice Squad, are you then forbidden from ever putting him on your own P.S. ?

Or can you P.S. him after a certain amount of time ?

I think the rule was if you sign a player from another team's PS they had to stay on your 53 for a min of 3 weeks.  Or at least I know the player gets 3 game checks regardless.  If you release them prior to that timeframe you can't sign them to your PS until that 3 week period elapses.  Not sure if that rule changed this year with COVID.  

• Like 1
  • Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby