Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

15 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Thought this was a kind of interesting positive to be said for our free agency moves so far

I posted exactly this a couple weeks ago. You either go for young stars or the bargain bin in FA. Where you get killed is when you pay people like Paul Richardson close to 10m a year.

Now, the challenge is what do you do with some of these guys on 1 year deals. I’d resign KPL to a multiyear deal but I am wary of doing the same with Darby as he was terrible for 2 years and has been injury prone in the past.

Remember Zach Brown. He was a Pro Bowl alternate on the 1 year deal, we sign him to a big deal and then cut him the following season

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

This season is shot.  Can they just cut Hopkins and bring in kickers this week so they can at least get the kicker position right going into next year.  Everyone knows he's Trash.

They should put him on IR and try out Vedvik. Hopkins is a FA after this year anyway. 

2 hours ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

So Deandre Baker has all charges dropped against him

Would you give him a call if you were Ron?

apparently they arrested the plaintiff's attorney on extortion charges... so, yea, why not sign Deandre if things were never as bad as they seemed? 

he'll be on the on the Bucs, Seahawks, Packers or... roster in 3-2-1...

On 1/3/2020 at 12:16 PM, Koolblue13 said:

@KDawg I have to disagree with you about the LBers. I don't think we've got any solid commodities in there really, except maybe Anderson

WIth all the struggles at LB, I can't help but wonder if we'd see improvement if we switched Anderson from DE to LB.

And then there's SDH. Why havn't we seen him ?

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

WIth all the struggles at LB, I can't help but wonder if we'd see improvement if we switched Anderson from DE to LB.

SDH played some, but lost snaps over the beginning of the season. He hasn't been playing well at all so far according to PFF who has him graded out with a truly **** score of 29.9 Overall.

35 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

SDH played some, but lost snaps over the beginning of the season. He hasn't been playing well at all so far according to PFF who has him graded out with a truly **** score of 29.9 Overall.

It's very interesting, because I seem to recall last year, his PFF was, I think #1 in the league.

Am I remembering correctly ?

21 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's very interesting, because I seem to recall last year, his PFF was, I think #1 in the league.

Am I remembering correctly ?

I remember him having a pretty good coverage grade last year from PFF, but I think that number had a bit to do with a limited sample size. However, the same can be said about his current grade, while also factoring in a new coach/system and the hesitancy that comes with such things.

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Hes was one of our best last year. I expected a huge breakout from SDH. What a crazy disappointment. 

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hes was one of our best last year. I expected a huge breakout from SDH. What a crazy disappointment. 

I honestly think that if both your Lb and S suck then it doesn’t matter about the others. Youre literally conceding the entire middle by having **** play there.

4 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

I remember him having a pretty good coverage grade last year from PFF, but I think that number had a bit to do with a limited sample size. However, the same can be said about his current grade, while also factoring in a new coach/system and the hesitancy that comes with such things.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Does it seem really ironic that LB is one of the biggest weaknesses, considering that BOTH the Head Coach and the DC are former NFL Linebackers ?

And one of them was on a Super Bowl winning team, and the other was a Pro Bowl player at LB

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Does it seem really ironic that LB is one of the biggest weaknesses, considering that BOTH the Head Coach and the DC are former NFL Linebackers ?

And one of them was on a Super Bowl winning team, and the other was a Pro Bowl player at LB

Thinking of that made me do some research, turns out our last 3 DCs were linebackers too: Manusky, Barry, and Haslett. Greg Blache was our last DC to not play at linebacker. Blache was a DB at Notre Dame.

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Thinking of that made me do some research, turns out our last 3 DCs were linebackers too: Manusky, Barry, and Haslett. Greg Blache was our last DC to not play at linebacker. Blache was a DB at Notre Dame.

That would make for some good further research ; on the former positions of all the HC's and DC's...especially the ones that are successful.

Vrabel comes to mind as a LB who turned into a decent HC.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Thats thee worst part. From the Ditka tree too. LBer should be the least of our issues. 

20 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thats thee worst part. From the Ditka tree too. LBer should be the least of our issues. 

Can’t make chicken salad from chicken... you get the point.

The guys we have aren’t a fit. Specifically the guy playing MIKE

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Can’t make chicken salad from chicken... you get the point.

The guys we have aren’t a fit. Specifically the guy playing MIKE

Look forward to them drafting a guy or two to fit the scheme. 

Or... Lure Luke out of retirement ;) 

Archived