Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Miami fans and media seem to hate Stills, I think there was trouble there with him but I haven't seen anything specific.

Dolphins practically gave him away in the Tunsil deal because he threw shade at their owner about something

Over the next few years, our activity in free agency needs to go wayyyyyy down. Why? We actually have home grown players we will need to re-sign. 

I see some already picking which players of our young core to let go(especially on the DL), but we have plenty of cap room right now. If the team plays it smart with FA, we will be able to keep the majority of these guys together while rounding out the team through the draft. 

I've said the only position I would look to sign this offseason is LB and maybe a low price veteran QB. Since Smith has stabilized the QB spot, and *maybe* Haskins is learning from his example finally(or we will draft his replacement), I wouldn't even sign another QB. So I'm looking at a LB and maybe an OL signing. That's it!

We have a rare opportunity to build this team the right way. Save our money for our guys. Don't over pay anyone but do take care of our own. 

In my plan:

Kerrigan gets 1-2 year extension as a rotational mentor for the young DL. His contract will expire in time to pay our other DEs.

Scherff gets an extension. He shouldn't expect to be the highest paid G, because he's not the best, but a reasonable 3-5 year deal that gives us time to draft his replacement.

Roullier gets a 2-3 year extension for a reasonable low price. I doubt he has a big price market, but he is solid until we can draft his replacement.

Save money for: 

Allen- Undervalued by many, but I expect him to have a reasonable price tag because of it.

Payne- He is only going to keep getting better so his price may rise some.

Settle- He may end up getting near starter money, but I'd rather pay to keep this rotation than pay for some over priced FA from another team. 

Sweat- This will cost us but we are in position to have the cap to re-sign him in a few years as long as we don't go crazy spending on FAs.

Young- Same story as Sweat.

McClaurin- Same story as Sweat and Young.

Gibson- He's made his way onto this list. I see the RB market toning down by the time he is up for an extension after what has happened recently with big contracts like Gurley and Elliot.

The way we have been drafting lately, I expect this list to grow over the next few years. We also have a few other young players now who may add themselves to the list. The dependency on free agency era needs to be over yesterday if we want to keep this core together. The team should go ahead and add GM to Kyle Smith's title, or let him hire someone to follow his lead, and allow them and Rivera to build up with this core. We finally have one! Keep them together.

• Like 2
On 11/28/2020 at 11:56 AM, IrepDC said:

We have a rare opportunity to build this team the right way. Save our money for our guys. Don't over pay anyone but do take care of our own. 

Agree in principle.

I do think we can invest in free agency this offseason. I’m come around to the idea of getting one of the FA receivers. Either way, this is the offseason to take that step forward, based on our draft capital as much as our cap space.

Need to find that balance in free agency and the draft, whilst still keeping plenty of cap space/resource available to take care of our young core. Where we end up picking in the draft will also influence that.

This is a key offseason for our roster management. Need to get it right fo Rivera and Co to make the next step forward.

I think we need balance in FA. 

FA plugs holes, draft rounds the talent.

The key is the middle piece which people often neglect and that’s what you guys are talking about: Keeping your drafted talented and understanding when to pull the plug.

Ideally you are plugged in most spots via FA so you can draft the best players on the board. That allows you to move on from some drafted players who may demand a high dollar tag and replace them with guys on rookie deals. 

But you want to keep some of those draftees as well. And they will cost you.

McLaurin isn’t going to be cheap. Gibson is on path not to be. We have four interior defensive linemen (we can’t keep all four. Or at least I highly doubt we can). Young and Sweat will be big money. 

that’s not factoring in any other positions.

We need a MIKE via FA. Badly. We do not want to be in position to HAVE to draft a Mike. It could lead to some wild reaches. 

The key is balance. And knowing when to move on and when to hold on.

If I were building a team I’d have a budget for each position. Give or take some percentages based on the fact that budgeting an entire team is virtually impossible. But exceeding budget in one place means decreasing it elsewhere.

Edited by KDawg
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Who though? This seems like a weak FA for a Mike.

David, Perryman, Milano...

But there may be more available when the time comes and those guys may not be.

David is ideal but costly

Perryman is likely the best bang for the buck.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I would probably choose Perryman out of all those guys as well, I think he's the only one currently playing inside right now too. He's definitely better than Bostic although that isn't saying much as Bostic is having a terrible season. 

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If FA began today I feel like this would be their first target.

They also would be looking at bringing at least one lesser priced OLB that has cover skills.

Then draft at least one more LB around the 3rd round

I think they will have Thomas Davis as their first time LB coach

Looks like there a number of LB coming off rookie contact that we could target.

Jayon Brown, Jarrod Davis, Anthony Walker, Raekwon McMillan, Hassan Reddick.

Mixed bag of success and struggles in that group, Not saying that is the solution to out LB woes, but I do think we target the younger market in this respect. 

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Looks like there a number of LB coming off rookie contact that we could target.

Jayon Brown, Jarrod Davis, Anthony Walker, Raekwon McMillan, Hassan Reddick.

Mixed bag of success and struggles in that group, Not saying that is the solution to out LB woes, but I do think we target the younger market in this respect. 

Jayon Brown is a pretty good player, I think. I dont get to watch the Titans very often where I'm at though. I didn't even know he was a FA after this season. 

Everyone else seems a bit riskier. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
50 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Jayon Brown is a pretty good player, I think. I dont get to watch the Titans very often where I'm at though. I didn't even know he was a FA after this season. 

Everyone else seems a bit riskier. 

Yeah I think Brown is getting a wedge in the offseason. I mean, if the Titans are willing to pay he’d be mad to leave. They are a very good unit aren’t they.

Agree on the rest. Apparently Del Rio was a big fan of Reddick pre draft. Doesn’t necessarily make him a good free agent option though:ols:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yeah I think Brown is getting a wedge in the offseason. I mean, if the Titans are willing to pay he’d be mad to leave. They are a very good unit aren’t they.

Agree on the rest. Apparently Del Rio was a big fan of Reddick pre draft. Doesn’t necessarily make him a good free agent option though:ols:

Apparently, the Cardinals have been using Reddick as an EDGE ever since Jones got hurt. He has delivered so far with 5 sacks. He will probably get a big deal to play that role somewhere.

I think Perryman or Milano is a must. I would also bring KPL back on the cheap as a backup or spot start but I would defer to Kyle Smith on Brown, Davis, Walker and MacMillan. If they feel they can get one of those four cheap and there is unlocked value to be had, I am for it

• Like 1
7 hours ago, KDawg said:

I know this is about FA but I love LSU’s Jabril Cox in this draft. 

Started as SS in Tampa 2 scheme before adding weight and moving to MLB. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Cox is a guy I haven’t “studied” but on live watches he stands out. 

Him, Parsons, Chazz Surratt are among my favorites so far. 

According to: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

The market value for the top FA WRs potential annual salaries are as follows:

Kenny Golladay - 18.9m

Allen Robinson - 18.1m 

Chris Godwin - 16.8m

JuJu - 15.2m

Will Fuller - 13.1m 

And then Curtis Samuel is at 6.5m lol. Dude puts up the same numbers as JuJu basically and is that much cheaper. I feel like he has growth potential within this offense and we also have to consider that we'll be needing to pay Terry in 2022. Do we really want two enormous contracts at the WR position?

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

LOVE this idea.

He has serious potential at LB and has room to add a few pounds.

He can def handle himself in coverage.

I really like Surratt as well but I still have seen very minimal film of him in coverage.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

According to: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

The market value for the top FA WRs potential annual salaries are as follows:

Kenny Golladay - 18.9m

Allen Robinson - 18.1m 

Chris Godwin - 16.8m

JuJu - 15.2m

Will Fuller - 13.1m 

And then Curtis Samuel is at 6.5m lol. Dude puts up the same numbers as JuJu basically and is that much cheaper. I feel like he has growth potential within this offense and we also have to consider that we'll be needing to pay Terry in 2022. Do we really want two enormous contracts at the WR position?

We have enough WR/RB hybrids. If you are going to go big and pay someone, it should be Godwin but agreed that it's not worth going big on the position. If you look at that list, you have a lot of cheaper options available...Hilton, Green, Watkins, Jones and Davis. Then you have some interesting bargain options like Damiere Byrd and Keelan Cole. Byrd is particularly interesting because he played for Ron for 4 years in Carolina.

3 minutes ago, method man said:

We have enough WR/RB hybrids. If you are going to go big and pay someone, it should be Godwin but agreed that it's not worth going big on the position. If you look at that list, you have a lot of cheaper options available...Hilton, Green, Watkins, Jones and Davis. Then you have some interesting bargain options like Damiere Byrd and Keelan Cole. Byrd is particularly interesting because he played for Ron for 4 years in Carolina.

Doesn't hurt to have players that can do multiple things. What's the harm in that? It makes you less predictable which is extremely important at this level. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

I was initially sold on the idea of going after a big time WR, but I think I'd pause.  I think Godwin (for sure) is getting franchised.  Galloday is good, but he's going to want a bunch of money and Detroit probably franchises him at age 27.  We need to resign Terry in a couple of years.  I'd look at a Marvin Jones on a cheap contract potentially.  

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I was initially sold on the idea of going after a big time WR, but I think I'd pause.  I think Godwin (for sure) is getting franchised.  Galloday is good, but he's going to want a bunch of money and Detroit probably franchises him at age 27.  We need to resign Terry in a couple of years.  I'd look at a Marvin Jones on a cheap contract potentially.  

I don't think TB has the money to franchise him, do they? Can they afford to spend 33 million on two receivers?

In terms of FA WR on the market. I think that would be one I'd break the bank, but not necessarily for an eilte 1 like KG. I'd go upper mid tier, like Corey Davis. I think he'd be a nice fit here.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don't think TB has the money to franchise him, do they? Can they afford to spend 33 million on two receivers?

In terms of FA WR on the market. I think that would be one I'd break the bank, but not necessarily for an eilte 1 like KG. I'd go upper mid tier, like Corey Davis. I think he'd be a nice fit here.

Think his play might have priced himself out of here.  He'd be a nice fit, but I think the Titans might look to resign him, but who knows.  Maybe we decide that Cam Sims needs more development?  He's certainly a willing blocker.

7 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Think his play might have priced himself out of here.  He'd be a nice fit, but I think the Titans might look to resign him, but who knows.  Maybe we decide that Cam Sims needs more development?  He's certainly a willing blocker.

Who, Corey? I think the team would be willing to go 8 - 10 for him. Titans are close to the cap already for 2021 and they'll have to pay AJ in a couple of years. I think they spend big on a TE since they're such a run-heavy team. Who knows what they do though.