Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby


Riggo-toni

Recommended Posts

Very happy we didn’t get Cooper. His contract would have been the kind that would hamper moves for next year. I don’t agree with Rex on how he called him a turd but agree with him on his points he made. He does disappear in big games and to me is kind of soft. If he came here, we would have had to focus the offense around him. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe it has always been like this, I am not sure, I was much younger back then but I miss when football shows were not trying to be controversial with funny gimmicks and puns.


There is absolutely no reason for Rex to call Amari a turd. Forget the fact that Cooper is actually a really good wide receiver but using the term turd to describe a player (as a broadcast personality) is just unprofessional.

 

This is why I can’t watch the pre-game shows on the major networks and ESPN anymore. Everyone just tries to be funny or scream the loudest.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

Maybe it has always been like this, I am not sure, I was much younger back then but I miss when football shows were not trying to be controversial with funny gimmicks and puns.


There is absolutely no reason for Rex to call Amari a turd. Forget the fact that Cooper is actually a really good wide receiver but using the term turd to describe a player (as a broadcast personality) is just unprofessional.

 

This is why I can’t watch the pre-game shows on the major networks and ESPN anymore. Everyone just tries to be funny or scream the loudest.

giphy.gif

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact that Rex felt comfortable saying that tells you he did not get even a single slight whiff of interest from the NFL this offseason. He's no longer worried about relationships with players or the league and he's realized he needs to generate clicks. That's when you can write a guy off. It's unfortunate too, because he could really do a lot to make the general TV fanbase smarter by talking X's and O's in an understandable fashion. I think the NFL fanbase is actually the dumbest professional sports fanbase when it comes to the sport's on-field intricacies. Almost every fan of every other major sport knows more about what happens on the field/court/etc. (not counting stats or analytics but schemes, etc). To me that seems obvious and it's partially because it's a complex and secretive sport, but also it's due to the way sports media presents information to NFL fans, they focus on the lowest common denominator. They don't focus on the sport they focus on the drama of the personalities. Every panel show is just The View for sports. That's why these personalities like Orlovsky who actually break down the game are gaining such a twitter following.

 

Every sport has this problem with it's coverage but it seems worse for the NFL. Most NFL fans are pretty dumb about the actual game imo and I don't experience that talking to fans of other sports.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

giphy.gif


is there anyone more unwatchable than Stephen A Smith, maybe Skip Bayless comes real close?  He may know basketball but knows squat about football. Rex was just trying to become similar to those guys like a dj shock jock. After all we are talking about it? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:


is there anyone more unwatchable than Stephen A Smith, maybe Skip Bayless comes real close?  He may know basketball but knows squat about football. Rex was just trying to become similar to those guys like a dj shock jock. After all we are talking about it? 

I do admire the amount of money S.A.S. Must have spent to stop his hair loss just short of the crown of his head. And I agree that he is unwatchable, there Wasn’t any real substance to his show back in the day and I can’t imagine it has improved.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dyst said:

This is why I can’t watch the pre-game shows on the major networks and ESPN anymore. Everyone just tries to be funny or scream the loudest.

 

I never watch the inane pregame shows on Sunday morning.

 

I watch the 3 hour "Fantasy Football Now" on ESPN2. :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Skip Bayless is the absolute worst.

Cowherd is pretty close as well. And if Michael Ervin shows up on any program I change the channel...

Hahaha bro Micheal Irvin is the worst I literally changed the channel one time because of him 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Skip Bayless is the absolute worst.

Cowherd is pretty close as well. And if Michael Ervin shows up on any program I change the channel...

 

Cowherd is an irritant. Both his opinions and his voice.

 

Bayless is barely tolerable when he is talking about non-football stories.

 

When he is talking football (99% of the time his cowboys), he is insufferable.

 

I avoid Irvin at all costs. Him and Deion Sanders.

 

They are dreadful.

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Underrated asshole: Max Kellerman.

 

I can't stand Kellerman. I can put up with Stephen A. Smith.

 

Not that I watch or listen to any of these programs.

 

I partly watch them during football season.

 

I don't watch them at all in the offseason.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

Eh he was injured while with the Eagles, fresh start this season could revitalize his career.

 

 

Was this 5 years ago? You can look at the 2015 film of Josh Norman and see good things. 5 year old film is inadmissible bruh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

This team to me right now is like a sports car with a lot of potential, like a Lamborghini.  But you got all the parts on ebay.🙄

 

Maybe not all the parts, but a lot of them.  Still could be a decent season, i hope.

 

 

Success this season will come down to establishing a running game and Haskins maturing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

This team to me right now is like a sports car with a lot of potential, like a Lamborghini.  But you got all the parts on ebay.🙄

 

Maybe not all the parts, but a lot of them.  Still could be a decent season, i hope.

I think at best we are a Mazda. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So would you guys pull the trigger on say Anthony Harris and a 4th round pick for Trent? If they said this is gonna be our best offer...

I think I'd have to do it if there arent any other solid offers from another team. What do you guys think? 👍 or👎

 

Its a lot of money to commit to the safety group assuming we sign him to a new deal, but we haven't had a proper FS since Sean and its been at the heart of a lot of the issues in our defensive backfield. Could solidify that D like we haven't seen for a while in DC

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

So would you guys pull the trigger on say Anthony Harris and a 4th round pick for Trent? If they said this is gonna be our best offer...

I think I'd have to do it if there arent any other solid offers from another team. What do you guys think? 👍 or👎

 

Its a lot of money to commit to the safety group assuming we sign him to a new deal, but we haven't had a proper FS since Sean and its been at the heart of a lot of the issues in our defensive backfield. Could solidify that D like we haven't seen for a while in DC

On one hand, we need more blue chip players badly, FS has been a problem for a while (as you say), and Harris solves both of those in a big way. 
On the other hand, we take on a pretty big salary, we’d lose the 4th plus whatever pick(s) Trent could be traded for, and we’d still have plenty of other problem spots.  
I think the staff has to decide if they’re going for youth, and therefore numbers out of the draft, or looking at fielding the best team they can in the short term.  

I don’t think the cap number would be an issue for them as long as they’re getting a clear upgrade - see Hooper/Cooper - but I’m not sure they’ll like the idea of losing 2+ mid round picks (assuming Trent could be traded for a 3rd or better).  I think I’d ‘play the long game’ if I were them... keep the 4th, roll over cap, and try to trade Trent once demand goes up.  I think Rivera wants Trent gone sooner rather than later though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

On one hand, we need more blue chip players badly, FS has been a problem for a while (as you say), and Harris solves both of those in a big way. 
On the other hand, we take on a pretty big salary, we’d lose the 4th plus whatever pick(s) Trent could be traded for, and we’d still have plenty of other problem spots.  
I think the staff has to decide if they’re going for youth, and therefore numbers out of the draft, or looking at fielding the best team they can in the short term.  

I don’t think the cap number would be an issue for them as long as they’re getting a clear upgrade - see Hooper/Cooper - but I’m not sure they’ll like the idea of losing 2+ mid round picks (assuming Trent could be traded for a 3rd or better).  I think I’d ‘play the long game’ if I were them... keep the 4th, roll over cap, and try to trade Trent once demand goes up.  I think Rivera wants Trent gone sooner rather than later though...

 

I believe that his proposal involved receiving a 4th, not giving one up.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...