Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If this is how fans are thinking, this is going to be a long season. Sure, we should be better on defense. We have a potentially great front 7 and a very good, proven veteran DC. But our LB corps and secondary are in such trouble in comparison, it should keep our expectations in check. This post seems unrealistically positive to me. 

Foster Holcomb and Davis with KPL SDH and Bostic as back ups is very solid if not very good. Moreau Fuller Darby Moreland Johnson Stroman Collins Davis Apke Reaves have great potential as well. To go along with the D line, which if we draft Young will be the best defensive front in the NFL. With RR and JDR coaching them up, I'm expecting a top 5 defense this year.

1 hour ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I don’t see a big problem with the free agents signed. Sure they are lacking talent but we aren’t investing much so we can make easy cuts and play rookies and UDFAs if necessary.

What it is doing is giving the coaches a foundation of guys who will do things the coaches way, establishing a foundation to work on instead of unreliable players and complainers.

i think the running back signings are underrated, we’ve had problems there for years. Both McKissic and barber are pros. I also like having Kyle Allen on the team.

awesome signings.. we now have a team full of backups. All we need now is a few starters and we are good to go. 🤪

12 hours ago, carex said:

I said bad NFL players don't make it to unrestricted free agency, not the NFL.  They stick for a year or two then get replaced by the next cheaper wave of UDFA barely NFL caliber players. 

And no it's not clear what he meant because as far as I'm concerned this board is full of anti-homers, people who seem to think if we're interested in a player he can't actually be good.  I'm not accusing him in particular, but I've seen it around.

Agree with the bolded part in particular. The thinking seems to be that any (non-stud) player that we sign can't be any good, because the other 31 teams all passed on them, so they're obviously just camp bodies. Flawed logic IMO.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The Raiders were always favourite to get Randall. From memory at the start of FA they were heavily linked with us as an add on. Also curious on numbers for that.

Yes, I would also like to know what happened with Eli Apple and the Raiders. As a Giant he def was a handful for them at times for coaches and in the locker room. In NO he seemed well behaved and a positive acquisition.  

9 hours ago, oraphus said:

awesome signings.. we now have a team full of backups. All we need now is a few starters and we are good to go. 🤪

a significant number of the people we signed have been starters regularly in their career

1 hour ago, method man said:

Apple is definitely not coming here. Remember the team’s emphasis on character and Collins, in particular, publicly called out Apple and his antics in New York.

I would bring in Kirkpatrick, however, on a 1-yr deal to compete w Moreau

I do not remember that, but a fella looking at his 3rd team after a few years in the league and being a first round talent, generally isn't a good thing.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I can only only assume the talk of him being a bit of a handful to manage is reflected in that deal. Because that is a bloody good move by the Raiders.

The Raiders it seemed like signed 50 million free agents last year, and it seemed to work for them to an extent.  Looks like they are doubling down on that this year.  

12 hours ago, oraphus said:

Hey, when the injury bug hits we’ll already be used to playing without key players. 

14 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

@jsharrin55

Yep,

He's pulling them from Over The Cap which is what most people seem to use, I typically use Spotrac because I can't stand OTC's interface but this is what Spotrac has and it seems to be correct.

Yeah, that has some different specifics, so it seems OTC had a few things off.  That roster bonus year one seems super specific, which seems weird.  Almost like signing bonus went higher so they took ~42k off roster bonus year 1.

Base, bonus and roster bonus didn't add up to 13mill, so I knew something had to be wrong.  Tell Wes I like OTC's version better and I'm giving him a pay cut.  Haha.

The only real position we need to address in FA would seem to be a starting LT.  Peters or Penn.  I just can't seem them going with the FA from the Bears we signed or the player from Louisville we drafted.

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

The only real position we need to address in FA would seem to be a starting LT.  Peters or Penn.  I just can't seem them going with the FA from the Bears we signed or the player from Louisville we drafted.

We have a starting LT rn.

24 minutes ago, RWJ said:

TE, another WR who can be a #2 at worst, a MLB, a LT to replace Trent, another DB.

My list is longer than yours. 

24 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I would consider Kelvin Beachum as well.

32 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

TE, another WR who can be a #2 at worst, a MLB, a LT to replace Trent, another DB.

My list is longer than yours. 

number 2 at worst?  You want someone to replace McLaurin?  And DB?  That's pretty generic.  You've got your garden variety CBs, your nickelbacks, your strong and free safety.  Which do we need?

1 minute ago, carex said:

number 2 at worst?  You want someone to replace McLaurin?  And DB?  That's pretty generic.  You've got your garden variety CBs, your nickelbacks, your strong and free safety.  Which do we need?

what? Have you read the previous 267 pages? Drive by nonsense I suspect.

a WR to pair with Mclaurin

a DB, either FS to compete with Davis, and an addition at the CB group. Depends what the specific plan is with Fuller. I don’t know, do you? If fact you don’t, because even Fuller doesn’t.

Either way, a WR no worse than #2 quality and a DB to add to the group. 

Helps the draft approach.

Next.

Archived