Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

People think Guice is going to supplant Peterson. And that makes sense. We’ve seen him and seen what he’s capable of. He’s a talent. And Dalvin Cook missed his first two years as well, so there’s precedence.

But I’m going to sound like a broken record here... I think people forget the kind of player Bryce Love was at Stanford. 

This guy is a very similar back to Christian McCaffrey. Both played at Stanford, both were phenomenal talents. McCaffrey excelled in a similar offensive system. 

Bryce Love is the sleeper on this team. He could do absolutely insane things for this offense and I feel like he’s oft forgotten due to the injury, but Guice is constantly talked up despite the injuries.

And McKissick is a receiver/running back. He’s going to be in the slot and motioning around I have to believe. With him and Sims we have our gadget receivers (which would be improved). Add to that the thunder backs (Peterson/Guice), the reliable vet (Barber) and our version of McCaffrey (Love) and we’re cooking with some fire.

Note: I’m not saying he’s going to be McCaffrey or even close. He hasn’t proven a damn thing yet. But I AM saying he has the ability to fulfill a similar role. 

14 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Depends on your values I guess.

<Snip>

Excellent stuff Conn.  I was going to reply to the same post, but you've already said what I wanted to say and far more eloquently.

As it is borderline Tailgate material, I'll say no more.

58 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But I’m going to sound like a broken record here... I think people forget the kind of player Bryce Love was at Stanford. 

This guy is a very similar back to Christian McCaffrey. Both played at Stanford, both were phenomenal talents. McCaffrey excelled in a similar offensive system. 

Bryce Love is the sleeper on this team. He could do absolutely insane things for this offense and I feel like he’s oft forgotten due to the injury, but Guice is constantly talked up despite the injuries.

Oddly I watched our 2019 draft selection pick videos early today when looking through some things on the nfl main website draft pages and thought a lot about the impact Love could have.

I agree with you, if fit, definite sleeper.

15 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

As a human being AP is about as ****ty as they come.

You haven't met every human out there..jesus christ disciplined his children..hell it's even in the bible..raise thy child with an iron fist..bash me all ya want for agreeing with a parent spanking there children on the behind...its absolutely disgusting the way I see young teens disrespect and talk to there parents. 

15 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think it should be clear for people with outsized expectations that the bolded is not something Haskins can just do whenever, outside of strict CBA guidelines. We just have to have a realistic understanding of the situation here. 

Im not saying that Haskins should be working with Turner right now but when it is allowed. Right now I’m just hoping Haskins is working on his body (could lose a few lbs) and his footwork. I saw an Instagram post of him doing some workouts. Hopefully this is an every day thing. Besides that he can and should be watching film of games last year along with film of Carolinas offense. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

And McKissick is a receiver/running back. He’s going to be in the slot and motioning around I have to believe. With him and Sims we have our gadget receivers (which would be improved). Add to that the thunder backs (Peterson/Guice), the reliable vet (Barber) and our version of McCaffrey (Love) and we’re cooking with some fire.

People keep talking about the QB competition--but this is going to be the real battle at Training Camp (if there is one). I really want to see what Bryce Love can do--I don't watch a whole lot of college football during the year, mostly the big games/BCS Playoff. But he was talked up as a steal in last year's draft--he's roughly the same size as McCaffery too (5'11" 200-ish)--lighting fast. I really like our running back depth--hopefully the new training staff can keep them healthier than the last few years.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Bryce Love is the sleeper on this team. He could do absolutely insane things for this offense and I feel like he’s oft forgotten due to the injury, but Guice is constantly talked up despite the injuries

The one concern I have with Love is that it appears, like Haskins, that he will get little or no offseason rep work.

No OTAs. No mini-camps.

Will that put him behind the curve in playing this year?

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The one concern I have with Love is that it appears, like Haskins, that he will get little or no offseason rep work.

No OTAs. No mini-camps.

Will that put him behind the curve in playing this year?

Not as likely for a back, but it could. He needs to understand protections and the playbook. But his role is much easier to comprehend than Haskins. 

This team is going to be built on the running game. 

Look at the offense. An OL that’s better at rushing than pass protecting at the moment. Tight ends that are better blockers than receivers for the most part. An emphasis on adding veteran/versatile backs.

And Kyle Allen if Haskins can’t pick stuff up in time. 

The blueprint seems to be a grind it out offense and a stout defense. We’ll see if they can accomplish that. 

But it’s far easier for a back to digest the playbook than a quarterback.

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

People keep talking about the QB competition--but this is going to be the real battle at Training Camp (if there is one). I really want to see what Bryce Love can do--I don't watch a whole lot of college football during the year, mostly the big games/BCS Playoff. But he was talked up as a steal in last year's draft--he's roughly the same size as McCaffery too (5'11" 200-ish)--lighting fast. I really like our running back depth--hopefully the new training staff can keep them healthier than the last few years.

i like Love, but he isn't the greatest compliment to AP and Guice. Despite his size and speed, he is not dynamic on third downs. His Pass catching, route running, and pass blocking leave ALOT to be desired. He is also limited as a ST player. 

While about the same size, Chris Thompson was quite a bit better in all 3 areas... so McKissick is going to far more valuable than we think.

Make no mistake about it. Love isnt afraid of contact and has (Or at least HAD) home-run speed... but Guice projects to be a better 3 down/Ezekiel Elliot type runner.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But it’s far easier for a back to digest the playbook than a quarterback.

Well, I didn't mean so much learning Turner's system. 

I meant getting into physical shape and fully recovering from his injury.

I mean, there is "in shape", then there is "in football shape". :)

2 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

i like Love, but he isn't the greatest compliment to AP and Guice. Despite his size and speed, he is not dynamic on third downs. His Pass catching, route running, and pass blocking leave ALOT to be desired. He is also limited as a ST player. 

While about the same size, Chris Thompson was quite a bit better in all 3 areas... so McKissick is going to far more valuable than we think.

Make no mistake about it. Love isnt afraid of contact and has (Or at least HAD) home-run speed... but Guice projects to be a better 3 down/Ezekiel Elliot type runner.

He wouldn’t be a compliment. He’d be the prototype. Guice would be the bruiser/3rd down guy. Both would see similar quantities of touches long term.

This season Peterson is essential for many, many reasons. But after this year those two could be the faces of the offense with McLaurin.

Or... we’ll have new backs.

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

Well, I didn't mean so much learning Turner's system. 

I meant getting into physical shape and fully recovering from his injury.

I mean, there is "in shape", then there is "in football shape". :)

Eh. That’s true. But it’s not like anyone is currently in football shape. And he’s an athletic guy. That’s a league wide issue there. 

4 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Guice projects to be a better 3 down/Ezekiel Elliot type runner.

Guice is by far my favorite at this position, possibly on the team right now. If there is anyone in the NFL I want to stay healthy, it's Derrius Guice.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm struggling to find any way whatsoever they could do worse.  So I think Love could be a monster if used right.  If people stay healthy this I think is the year AP becomes more mentor than actual focus of the offense.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

People think Guice is going to supplant Peterson. And that makes sense. We’ve seen him and seen what he’s capable of. He’s a talent. And Dalvin Cook missed his first two years as well, so there’s precedence.

Cook didn't miss his first two years, he had almost as many games played in his first season as Guice has in his first two years as a pro.  

I really like Guice despite some if his twitter nonsense, as a player when he plays, that's the kind of guy you want in the field.

What I want and what will happen is not the same thing.  I don't expect anything from Guice or Love to help limit my disappointment and focus on players I believe can be relied on.  

Getting Barber is smart, it says this coaching staff knows idealism doesn't have a spot on the depth chart in case something happens to AP, they trying to make sure they can run the ball or at least be better at it.

5 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

You haven't met every human out there..jesus christ disciplined his children..hell it's even in the bible..raise thy child with an iron fist..bash me all ya want for agreeing with a parent spanking there children on the behind...its absolutely disgusting the way I see young teens disrespect and talk to there parents. 

Science disagrees with you. That's as far as I'll go in The Stadium but I just don't have it in me to leave this unchallenged. I already posted my thoughts on this on the last page in the most understanding and compromising way possible, so I'll just let that stand as my say here, and it goes without saying that what I think doesn't have to matter to you.

5 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

First off, i agree that disciplining your child is important.  However, Jesus didn’t have children (based on any reliable sources), and “raise thy child with an iron fist” is not in the bible. Anywhere.  Proverbs does mention the importance of discipline but no where does it say raise them with an iron fist.  Also the problem have with AP isn’t him disciplining his child, its the severity of the discipline.  Have you seen the pictures? The punishment was brutal compared to the “crime” especially for a small child.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Science disagrees with you. That's as far as I'll go in The Stadium but I just don't have it in me to leave this unchallenged. I already posted my thoughts on this on the last page in the most understanding and compromising way possible, so I'll just let that stand as my say here, and it goes without saying that what I think doesn't have to matter to you.

I didn't quote you..??..tomato tomato friend.

1 hour ago, PerryMason said:

First off, i agree that disciplining your child is important.  However, Jesus didn’t have children (based on any reliable sources), and “raise thy child with an iron fist” is not in the bible. Anywhere.  Proverbs does mention the importance of discipline but no where does it say raise them with an iron fist.  Also the problem have with AP isn’t him disciplining his child, its the severity of the discipline.  Have you seen the pictures? The punishment was brutal compared to the “crime” especially for a small child.

Well if it dont it should...your jesus's child as I am..didn't have children?..pfff..

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

Note: I’m not saying he’s going to be McCaffrey or even close. He hasn’t proven a damn thing yet. But I AM saying he has the ability to fulfill a similar role. 

I am gonna go youtube Love right now...who would you compare him to?

7 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Oddly I watched our 2019 draft selection pick videos early today when looking through some things on the nfl main website draft pages and thought a lot about the impact Love could have.

I agree with you, if fit, definite sleeper.

Given that Love wore #20, and with the way he cuts, plus his incredible speed, you can't help but see Barry Sanders in Love. There will never be another Barry Sanders but Love, like Barry, can take a ball to the house from anywhere on the field. If he comes back 100% our running back room is sick. SlCK!

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Cook didn't miss his first two years, he had almost as many games played in his first season as Guice has in his first two years as a pro.  

I really like Guice despite some if his twitter nonsense, as a player when he plays, that's the kind of guy you want in the field.

What I want and what will happen is not the same thing.  I don't expect anything from Guice or Love to help limit my disappointment and focus on players I believe can be relied on.  

The thing about Guice is the injury he had last season which shut him down was not something that should have any long term impact. It was a relatively minor MCL sprain. 

17 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I didn't quote you..??..tomato tomato friend.

Well if it dont it should...your jesus's child as I am..didn't have children?..pfff..

Let's move any discussion about the role of Jesus and/or divine intervention to Tailgate please.

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The thing about Guice is the injury he had last season which shut him down was not something that should have any long term impact. It was a relatively minor MCL sprain. 

Let's move any discussion about the role of Jesus and/or divine intervention to Tailgate please.

Yes sir, sorry, I'm done.

16 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Given that Love wore #20, and with the way he cuts, plus his incredible speed, you can't help but see Barry Sanders in Love. There will never be another Barry Sanders but Love, like Barry, can take a ball to the house from anywhere on the field. If he comes back 100% our running back room is sick. SlCK!

Great balance and burst..and great vision too!

Just think about the potential impact players the Skins could be adding next year either through good health or in the draft:

Chase Young, Bryce Love, Reuben Foster, Derrius Guice.

And just imagine if Dwayne takes the next step and can run the show.....lots of high hopes and tons of building blocks for this coaching staff to work with.

Speaking of running backs, we need someone to give us a 1st for Trent so we can use that to draft Swift. I like speed but I prefer my running backs with smooth feet who can jump cut on a dime or can plant that foot and juke a guy out, which Swift can do, at least in the college level. Both Love and Guice are injured RBs.

4 minutes ago, dyst said:

Speaking of running backs, we need someone to give us a 1st for Trent so we can use that to draft Swift. I like speed but I prefer my running backs with smooth feet who can jump cut on a dime or can plant that foot and juke a guy out, which Swift can do, at least in the college level. Both Love and Guice are injured RBs.

Oddly, XM NFL radio just had exactly that happening in their mock draft.

Archived