Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

I believe that his proposal involved receiving a 4th, not giving one up.

I thought the same but if you go back and read it, 'skinny' is saying the potential 4th and whatever picks we would have gotten for Trent in another deal.

11 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

I thought the same but if you go back and read it, 'skinny' is saying the potential 4th and whatever picks we would have gotten for Trent in another deal.

Right, but then he mentions at the end about keeping the 4th, as if we would be giving it, I'm not sure...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

I guess you'd have to ask him, but it sure reads the way I took it.  I just think he somehow misread the scenario and thought that we were giving up a 4th in the proposed trade.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Could solidify that D like we haven't seen for a while in DC

Speak for yourself.... Great player and I'd be excited to have him on board... but not sure I find the prospect THAT exciting.

NOTE: When discussing the "D" probably best to stick away from words like solidify. 😉

Edited by UKskins
  • Haha 4

I’m against trading for Harris. Too much money being tied up in our safeties.  I’m more about building our defense from the front compared to the back. Look at the defenses that essentially won Superbowls like the Eagles a couple years ago and the Giants who beat the Pats. Their line was the key. Plus giving Harris that much money means less money toward any potential corner that could become available. 

All that said we do need to get rid of Trent. I think something will happen once the draft rolls around. I think there are some things behind the scenes we are not aware of. 

A 4rth? If I had to I suppose. A 3rd and I'd be satisfied. Harris and a 2nd day pick for Trent would make me really happy.

55 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I’m against trading for Harris. Too much money being tied up in our safeties.  I’m more about building our defense from the front compared to the back. 

Were about to have 4 first round picks starting in our front 4. We have a bunch of young LBers and CBS. Safties we may be spending a lot on, but CB is the position that Really gets over paid. Harris as the single high in a Cover 3, with Collins, Davis and Fuller on the field, with our front 4, is a huge strength and will create a ton of mismatches in our favor.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2020 at 3:09 PM, skinsfan93 said:

is there anyone more unwatchable than Stephen A Smith, maybe Skip Bayless comes real close?  He may know basketball but knows squat about football. Rex was just trying to become similar to those guys like a dj shock jock. After all we are talking about it? 

marcellus wiley, colin cowherd, nick wright, adam schefter

edit: i almost forgot, the worst of them all...molly qerim

Edited by xxprodigyxx

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

A 4rth? If I had to I suppose. A 3rd and I'd be satisfied. Harris and a 2nd day pick for Trent would make me really happy.

Were about to have 4 first round picks starting in our front 4. We have a bunch of young LBers and CBS. Safties we may be spending a lot on, but CB is the position that Really gets over paid. Harris as the single high in a Cover 3, with Collins, Davis and Fuller on the field, with our front 4, is a huge strength and will create a ton of mismatches in our favor.

The issue is 4 1st DL that will need to be paid.  Maybe it works with expensive DBs, but at some point you only have so much.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UKskins said:

Speak for yourself.... Great player and I'd be excited to have him on board... but not sure I find the prospect THAT exciting.

NOTE: When discussing the "D" probably best to stick away from words like solidify. 😉

Having a solid "D" is a better option than having a "Bend but dont break D"!!!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

The issue is 4 1st DL that will need to be paid.  Maybe it works with expensive DBs, but at some point you only have so much.

Iaon is already paid, Allen is next year, Payne the year after that. Sweat is several years down the road. Everyone eventually gets paid. Right now they do not have to getpaid, which means we do have the luxury of using our cap money to pay Harris. If Moreau blows up big time and Sweat wants a huge deal, that's years down the road when Harris is finishing his deal. It's the correct way to build our defense.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, xxprodigyxx said:

marcellus wiley, colin cowherd, nick wright, adam schefter

edit: i almost forgot, the worst of them all...molly qerim

Schefter is not anywhere near the category of those guys. He's a real reporter, not a talking head. Can't imagine having anything against Schefter unless you're just shell-shocked from the leaks he reported on during the Shanahan years.

I have something against Schefter. I find it highly unethical to have hospital, clinic, and doctor's office staff on retainer as informants for player information. I have zero respect for Schefter and do not categorize him as a journalist at all. He gives the hangers-on of players certain material benefits for passing certain information to him. Zero integrity.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

I have something against Schefter. I find it highly unethical to have hospital, clinic, and doctor's office staff on retainer as informants for player information. I have zero respect for Schefter and do not categorize him as a journalist at all. He gives the hangers-on of players certain material benefits for passing certain information to him. Zero integrity.

I don't think that's how he operates at all. I've read pretty deep dives into his process and he's an information broker. He only gets so much breaking news because he always has something worthwhile to share in exchange, without pissing anyone off. He's almost essential to business around the league because he's everyone's middle man equally, pretty much.

I assume you're referring to the JPP fiasco and that was something he never repeated...although it's not a lock at all that he even got that info from JPP's doctor or nurse. That could easily be his agent trading favors on an unprecedented player injury story that was gonna get out anyway. JPP himself tweeted out pictures of his hand not long after.

Either way he's by far the best at what he does, like Woj in the NBA. Putting him on a list of guys who reenact The View: Sports Edition every day to get outrage clicks because you don't like some of his (correct) reporting is ridiculous to me. [Note: I know you aren't the guy who put him on a list with Steven A. and Cowherd, but that's what I was responding to when you quoted me]

Edited by ConnSKINS26

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I assume you're referring to the JPP fiasco and that was something he never repeated...although it's not a lock at all that he even got that info from JPP's doctor or nurse. That could easily be his agent trading favors on an unprecedented player injury story that was gonna get out anyway. JPP himself tweeted out pictures of his hand not long after.

Yeah, it had apparently been going on in other instances and I hope that practice has ended. Though the network stood behind the reporting, he was indeed reprimanded, and JPP's bank account was enhanced rather handsomely as a result of what went down. It wasn't any of the docs or nurses, but other staffers in the facility who gained access to JPP's chart, at the behest of Schefter. Those two exercised incredibly poor judgment, and as a result, their careers (at least in that field) have been ruined. They haven't been able to secure similar jobs in the medical field. Off the books, and rightfully so, Schefter and the network took care of those two.

Agreed that he's essentially the info lighthouse. If agents, coaches, FOs, or players want info out, they usually whisper to Schefter. I just don't consider him a journalist. He is, as you noted, an information broker. He's the Huggy Bear of the NFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Schefter is not anywhere near the category of those guys. He's a real reporter, not a talking head. Can't imagine having anything against Schefter unless you're just shell-shocked from the leaks he reported on during the Shanahan years.

It's just a personal thing. Something about him just annoys me.

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby