Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think it should be clear for people with outsized expectations that the bolded is not something Haskins can just do whenever, outside of strict CBA guidelines. We just have to have a realistic understanding of the situation here. 

Can Haskins even have the playbook yet? What is the rule for when a team can give their players the playbook?

9 minutes ago, panahoo said:

Can Haskins even have the playbook yet? What is the rule for when a team can give their players the playbook?

Not sure but Rivera made multiple references to the strictness of the rules and what's allowed and how he's looking forward to getting going virtually as soon as we're allowed to within the rules, we're going to do everything we're allowed to by the book, etc. I know things are being delayed right now--teams like us with a new HC would already be working. I don't know what the new timetable or rules are.

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not sure but Rivera made multiple references to the strictness of the rules and what's allowed and how he's looking forward to getting going virtually as soon as we're allowed to within the rules, we're going to do everything we're allowed to by the book, etc. I know things are being delayed right now--teams like us with a new HC would already be working. I don't know what the new timetable or rules are.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bepryor/status/1247331405056614404?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-16890482861537416937.ampproject.net%2F2004030010070%2Fframe.html

38 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

What? Not true in the slightest.

Depends on your values I guess. I enjoy him running the football, he's an all-timer and in a way it's been an honor to watch it in the B&G. But that's because I've always had the ability to put up a wall between my values and gladitorial entertainment for the sake of sports, there's a disconnect I can create that mostly keeps me from mixing my feelings about a person with their work, although it's been faltering as I get older. I can't watch Kevin Spacey stuff much anymore for instance. Get disgusted especially since so many of his best characters are predators themselves and he...sells it, obviously.

In that vein I'd be lying if I said I didn't think I'd feel less slimy when AP retires and I don't have to root for him anymore, as good as he is. I want Guice to plant him on the bench. I understand that a lot of the disconnect with AP centers on regional and cultural differences on the view of parenting and corporeal punishment. I have very strong personal views on the subject that I think should be universal but that probably belong in the tailgate. The important part for this post is that I think we are all to some degree a product of our environment and experiences, obviously. The ignorance on this issue is somewhat understandable (if not forgivable) given that context. My relevant point is that after the incident that blew up so large it even put his career in danger, he was forced to get educated on the issue. And he still defended his actions and didn't change his mind. That's where it goes from misguided but arguably (I disagree with this next descriptor but I don't matter here) well-intentioned ignorance to downright despicable. imo. And I've never felt 100% right in looking past it and will be on some level relieved when it's gone. 

And I think that's about as gently and circumspect as I can be while still posting in the Stadium about it, but to clarify my viewpoint for anyone confused: children should feel safe at home and never be hit by the people who are supposed to teach them right from wrong. Home is where our core values are formed. Although it may have "worked" for many of us in terms of keeping us disciplined it actually causes more underlying issues than it solves, and the science backs that up while also backing up the fact that it's not even remotely an effective disciplinary measure, it just creates kids who are better at hiding and lying about the things that get them beat, while creating a small person who is more likely to grow up and be violent themselves. If you hit your kids you are either ignorant and out of your depth or, if you already knew all of this evidence and ignored it, a knowingly bad parent. 

Glad we didn't trade for Brandin Cooks.  He's one concussion away from retiring from the NFL.  He's had multiple concussions from his time in college football to the NFL.  He had two last year.  He's Jordan Reed Part 2. 

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Glad we didn't trade for Brandin Cooks.  He's one concussion away from retiring from the NFL.  He's had multiple concussions from his time in college football to the NFL.  He had two last year.  He's Jordan Reed Part 2. 

At least with Cooks teams have been smart enough to sell high on him.  Look how much draft capitol's been exchanged on him.

He was a 1st rounder of the Saints.

He was traded with a 4th rounder to the Pats for a 1st and 3rd.

He was traded with a 4th rounder to the Rams for a 1st and a 6th.

He was traded to the Texans for a 2nd and a 4th.

So in his career he has cost:

Brandin Cooks and 2 4th rounders for

3 1st rounders
A 2nd rounder
A 3rd rounder

A 4th rounder
A 6th rounder

10 minutes ago, dyst said:

How does Cooks continue to get such picks in trades. No one wants to give us a 1st for Trent.

I mean the dude straight up produces every year. Even last year as the team’s inexplicable 4th option dude had 600 yards. He’s still also only 26.

1 hour ago, skeenzfan said:

Only if Bruce had traded Trent to the Texans before they made the trade for Tunsil. God knows what we would have received. Prob a first and change. Thanks Brucifer for your parting gift. 

Can you imagine how much (more) fun talking about the draft and speculating would be if we had at LEAST one extra 1st plus other picks? Damn. It honestly hurts.

6 hours ago, panahoo said:

Teams were allowed to issue virtual playbooks on Monday with voice over for coaching points, annotations etc. But they are not allowed to actually contact players or hold virtual meetings (which seems strange).

1 hour ago, dyst said:

How does Cooks continue to get such picks in trades. No one wants to give us a 1st for Trent.

There is a reason Bruth is no longer here. Either straight up incompetence or a little bit of 'spiricy mixed with incompetence.  Bruth knew he would be fired if we sucked too hard unless he could claim unexpected levels of hardship, so he would likely be screwing the next front office.

O'Brien should be proud of himself for how much better he's gotten at trades. 

Oh, this one is terrible. But it's not quite at the "You're gonna need to sit down before you hear the latest mind-blowingly idiotic thing Bill OBrien did" level of his past three major trades. So, that's quite the improvement. 

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

O'Brien should be proud of himself for how much better he's gotten at trades. 

Oh, this one is terrible. But it's not quite at the "You're gonna need to sit down before you hear the latest mind-blowingly idiotic thing Bill OBrien did" level of his past three major trades. So, that's quite the improvement. 

Any other year I would agree with you but considering the level of talent coming out at WR this year, he was better off grabbing one in the second and have them under team control for 4 years versus just one with Cooks

Archived