Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Bill O’Brien. He forgot he has run out of picks.

Well darn it ha. Well, I hope someone bites. I doubt we’d take swift, but he seems like a multi-purpuse type of back.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Two people independently had that same bad idea on the same day? Wow

You don’t like getting a 1st for Trent?

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

The thing about Guice is the injury he had last season which shut him down was not something that should have any long term impact. It was a relatively minor MCL sprain. 

I know you trying to be optimistic, but either he got shut down for a minor injury or a minor injury shut him down.  Neither are good, and to me it's not better that it's not the same knee he had problems with in college and his rookie year here.

Guy is good people's, but I said he was done last year and nothing has changed my mind yet.  Biggest reason so many are rooting for him is because he's easy to root for, again, I still have his jersey, but I've seen this movie before : (

20 minutes ago, dyst said:

You don’t like getting a 1st for Trent?

That would be great but feels like wishful thinking.

Using that hypothetical 1st on any RB, that's the bad idea. Especially in this class, that pick could be put to much better use even if we had absolutely nothing at RB (which isn't the case).

31 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I know you trying to be optimistic, but either he got shut down for a minor injury or a minor injury shut him down.  Neither are good, and to me it's not better that it's not the same knee he had problems with in college and his rookie year here.

Guy is good people's, but I said he was done last year and nothing has changed my mind yet.  Biggest reason so many are rooting for him is because he's easy to root for, again, I still have his jersey, but I've seen this movie before : (

Or, he was shut down because the season was shot and we weren't trying to win anyway and he would've helped us win? No one is wrong that Guice is injury prone at this point but no one is wrong to feel excited about what he could bring if he learns how to protect himself. I love that we have Guice and think he could break out big time this season.

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Or, he was shut down because the season was shot and we weren't trying to win anyway and he would've helped us win? No one is wrong that Guice is injury prone at this point but no one is wrong to feel excited about what he could bring if he learns how to protect himself. I love that we have Guice and think he could break out big time this season.

So, if we were in contention he would've kept playing with a miniscus injury?

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic, he's still on a rookie contract so we don't have much to lose keeping him, otherwise hed be cut by now.

We signed two veteran running backs for a reason.

10 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Oddly I watched our 2019 draft selection pick videos early today when looking through some things on the nfl main website draft pages and thought a lot about the impact Love could have.

I agree with you, if fit, definite sleeper.

So what you're saying is take Bryce Love with my 15th round pick?  😄

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

A pre-emptive warning to KC, or is it one last shot at the Skins ?

I would think KC... dumb tweet though. Totally ambiguous and could be seen as a slight to his team.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Contact injuries happen in contact sports. And as knee injuries go an MCL sprain really is about the best you can get. 

Now I fully get that it seems some players just can’t avoid these nagging injuries while others seem bullet proof. Your best ability is your availability etc etc. But Guice is going to be full go entering camp (whenever that is) - he just needs some average good luck now.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Yep. Although I’m pretty sure it was an MCL not just a meniscus. But you can play through both and even a fully ruptured MCL heals without surgery.

@MartinC I'm not going to argue with you because we could all use a little optimism right about now, all things considered. 

You don't sound like you'll be shocked either way, which is a healthy place to be. 

At least we aren't trotting him out as the bellcow week 1 because we don't plan to run the I-Formation 30 times a game, or whatever crack Jay was smoking.

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@MartinC I'm not going to argue with you because we could all use a little optimism right about now, all things considered. 

You don't sound like you'll be shocked either way, which is a healthy place to be. 

At least we aren't trotting him out as the bellcow week 1 because we don't plan to run the I-Formation 30 times a game, or whatever crack Jay was smoking.

He’s got to prove he can stay healthy. If he can ... watch out. But until he does it’s totally reasonable to have doubts.

Still quite a bit of mid tier talent available in free agency worth sifting through after the draft, depending on how that plays out.

LT Jason Peters (one year stop gap)

OG Brandon Greene (made CAR opening 53 in 2019]

TE Delanie Walker (one year stop gap)

WR Jarius Wright (vet depth, again made the CAR 53, I’d prefer 2 drafted tho)

DB Daryl Worley (young versatile DB, links with both RR and JDR)

CB Logan Ryan (would have to come in and start based on his contract demands)

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic, he's still on a rookie contract so we don't have much to lose keeping him, otherwise hed be cut by now.

We signed two veteran running backs for a reason.

I doubt they'd cut a second round pick in year three because of injuries...NFL teams don't like cutting 2nd round picks, especially ones with the talent and upside that Guice has. 

When it comes to running backs, Ron used a rotation of backs while in Carolina. This is prior to drafting McCaffery. 

Even when they had Jonathan Stewart in his prime, DeAngelo Williams split carries. They used Mike Tolbert who was a full back as a rusher. They used Cameron Artis Payne and Fozzy Whitaker. Unless one of our backs turns out to be a true bell cow, I envision a running back by committee for at least this upcoming season. 

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I doubt they'd cut a second round pick in year three because of injuries...NFL teams don't like cutting 2nd round picks, especially ones with the talent and upside that Guice has. 

If he was a first round pick and we needed cap space hed be a cap casualty by now.  

As a mentioned in my thread to get to $100 million, I've lost total patience for players that can't stay healthy and taking up the cap at all.

What I don't want to see with Guice is him be just healthy enough and want to get paid for what he does when healthy. I'd trade Guice as soon as his trade value goes up, young running backs with talent aren't that rare.

He's the new CT, the difference being he looks for the contact that could cause him to miss games because of his running style.

56 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If he was a first round pick and we needed cap space hed be a cap casualty by now.  

As a mentioned in my thread to get to $100 million, I've lost total patience for players that can't stay healthy and taking up the cap at all.

What I don't want to see with Guice is him be just healthy enough and want to get paid for what he does when healthy. I'd trade Guice as soon as his trade value goes up, young running backs with talent aren't that rare.

He's the new CT, the difference being he looks for the contact that could cause him to miss games because of his running style.

even the first pick in the draft, on the third year of his rookie contract, is not so expensive they're a worthwhile cap casualty

55 minutes ago, carex said:

even the first pick in the draft, on the third year of his rookie contract, is not so expensive they're a worthwhile cap casualty

Define worthwhile if they aren't playing?

I know my opinion on this is aggressive, so you can keep telling me I'm wrong if you want, I'm not changing my mind on not wanting cap space locked up in players who can't stay healthy, I don't care how much they make right now.

I'm willing to wait to see what happens with Guice and happen I'm not the GM.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2018/4/30/17171726/nfl-rookie-wage-scale-draft

How much are this year’s rookies getting paid?

As of May 11, the highest pick in the draft to sign a deal was Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen, the 10th overall pick. He signed a four-year, $17.5 million deal, fully guaranteed, with a $10.8 million signing bonus, a $480,000 base salary and a cap hit of $3,2 million this year.

Washington defensive tackle Da’Ron Payne, the 13th pick, signed a four-year deal worth $14.4 million.

Washington also had the very last player picked in the draft, wide receiver Trey Quinn. Mr. Irrelevant agreed to a four-year deal worth $2.52 million, but only $69,070 is fully guaranteed.

Last year’s No. 1 pick, Browns pass rusher Myles Garrett, will make $30.4 million over the first four years of his NFL career. His teammate and fellow top pick Baker Mayfield can expect a little more money this year.

Never assume the health of any player, but in a league of their own is the RB. So much luck involved with these guys remaining healthy. You hope it’s only dings and nicks along the way and not serious knee injuries. 

Who's the most recent iron man of RBs these days? It seems like they all get banged up at some point in a 2-3 year window. 

Archived