Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

11 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Didn’t they just upgrade the field over the summer...? It’s gotten high praise. 

Yep brand new everything from below ground up

12 hours ago, Tsailand said:

It case anyone's unclear -- this isn't a curse, or a jix, or bad luck, or coincidence.

The fact:  Dan Snyder is too stupid and too cheap to have a good field.  This leads to a higher injury rate for our players.

Redskins vikings fan?

12 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

I watched the Chase play and saw no indication it was turf  related.....

Right, we can't just assume it's turf related, especially since non-contact injuries of this sort are not uncommon at all.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Field had brown streaks all up and down it.  They arent maintaining to properly. 

Those brown streaks were probably from Bu'cs players ****in their pants at having to face McLaurin, McKissic, Gibson, and chasing Heinicke play after play.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've been one of his only defenders around here, at least until the stupid sound bites from this week. Seems fitting that his unfortunate injury would come right after that. Let's hope this is a huge humbling learning lesson for the young man and he comes back to be the player we know he can.

That said, I'm really excited to see what we have in the guys behind him. Toohill was a fan favorite of the Eagles PS when we grabbed him and I think he has a chance to be pretty good. JWS has looked good and it was nice to see the Shocka Toney sighting yesterday.

I'm an Eagles fan. Just to set the record straight, Toohill was never a member of the Eagles Practice Squad. He made the 53-man roster as a seventh round pick and even dressed for the opener against the WFT. It was when the Eagles tried to sneak him through waivers to put him on the PS that their plan backfired. They didn't think anyone was going to claim him and thought that he would be able to bounce between their PS and the 53 throughout that weird 2020 season.

He would probably be better than Ryan Kerrigan has been this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Franklin60 said:

I'm an Eagles fan. Just to set the record straight, Toohill was never a member of the Eagles Practice Squad. He made the 53-man roster as a seventh round pick and even dressed for the opener against the WFT. It was when the Eagles tried to sneak him through waivers to put him on the PS that their plan backfired. They didn't think anyone was going to claim him and thought that he would be able to bounce between their PS and the 53 throughout that weird 2020 season.

He would probably be better than Ryan Kerrigan has been this year.

I'm pretty excited about him.

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yep brand new everything from below ground up

If you zoom in you can see the streaks all over the field.

20211114_142537.thumb.jpg.0369d9d2c4955443716e2b65e1799a53.jpg

And this clip makes it look like he collapses after putting his right foot down.  

Vita Vea had a knee injury yesterday as well, but I'm sure its just a coincidence 😒

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Chase will bounce back and be very, very good in 2022.

He likely won't be fully recovered until 2023, if ever.  My hope is he doesn't do all all in for week 1 like a certain someone did.  Take your time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Field had brown streaks all up and down it.  They arent maintaining to properly. 

Those weren't the only injuries, I watched Griffin in the playoff game, too, a lot of players complain about our field.

Not sure how it looked on TV, but looked like crap in person yesterday.

The field is definitely a major upgrade.

it looked good on tv. 
it is not spray painted dirt anymore .

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

If you zoom in you can see the streaks all over the field.

20211114_142537.thumb.jpg.0369d9d2c4955443716e2b65e1799a53.jpg

And this clip makes it look like he collapses after putting his right foot down.  

Vita Vea had a knee injury yesterday as well, but I'm sure its just a coincidence 😒

He likely won't be fully recovered until 2023, if ever.  My hope is he doesn't do all all in for week 1 like a certain someone did.  Take your time.

The field doesn’t seem to be the issue here . 
and the only place it looks worn is where there is major player movement. The WFT has played 5 home games with 3 more to go. If you saw the field in prior years at this point there was very little grass and all dirt and paint. 
this is a major improvement 

15 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

The field is definitely a major upgrade.

it looked good on tv. 
it is not spray painted dirt anymore .

The field doesn’t seem to be the issue here . 
and the only place it looks worn is where there is major player movement. The WFT has played 5 home games with 3 more to go. If you saw the field in prior years at this point there was very little grass and all dirt and paint. 
this is a major improvement 

Its such a low bar to cross though, seriously.  Green Bay and Pittsburgh field doesn't look like that, is it better then painting the field, sure but sure has ways to go still. The picture i sent and what you see on TV dont do it justice.  Go to a game this year after this then tell me what you think.

The upgrade deserves credit, the maintenance is the problem, still.

Edited by Renegade7

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Its such a low bar to cross though, seriously.  Green Bay and Pittsburgh field doesn't look like that, is it better then painting the field, sure but sure has ways to go still. The picture i sent and what you see on TV dont do it justice.  Go to a game this year after this then tell me what you think.

Green Bay and Pittsburg have a field that is 30 percent or so infused with fake plastic grass. It’s a really interesting field they have and when the wft builds a new stadium i hope they do that exact type of field . But the investment of that for a stadium that they should be out of if 5-7 years just is not worth it.

https://www.grassmastersolutions.com/en

oops geeen bay upgraded the field in 2019 with this company 

https://www.sispitches.com/products/hybrid-pitch-sisgrass/

Edited by tomwvr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I don’t know man. I watched two games back to back Heinz field. Pitt played UNC there on Thursday and then the Steelers played the lions there. Watching both those games and the field looks tore up. You can even see where they had to lay new sod between the hash marks. 

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Franklin60.

Just curious about Kerrigan...not paid any attention to him this year. Sounds like he hasnt been that great?

He's been practically invisible. The Eagles dress 8 DLs per game and substitute a backup unit in for a series every once in a while. Kerrigan plays left end in that backup unit. I think he's made about two tackles this year (okay, maybe more than that officially but I'm talking about plays where you would actually notice him and say, "Oh, that was Kerrigan who made the play") and hasn't come close to the quarterback. He's really been a massive disappointment. I forget if he signed a one or two year deal, but either way, I'm pretty sure he won't be on the team next year. 

Short answer -- you guys got rid of him at just the right time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Chase will bounce back and be very, very good in 2022.

You sure? Yes in today's NFL you can comeback in a year from ACL tears but the narrative I feel that's portrayed is your probably 2-3 years from being your normal self if you can ever get there. I mean yes Saquan Barkley came back after a year but everyone knows he's not his old self and he's not making those unbelievable plays he did his rookie year. Sure Young plays a diff. position but he still relies on his knees for cutting like any RB. So the question is will CY be in our future plans if doesn't return to form by the time his rookie deal is up cause this recovery time is basically gonna take up the rest of his deal. You still have to resign Payne, and Sweat's deal is gonna be up before Youngs..

Edited by Playaction2Sanders
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

You sure? Yes in today's NFL you can comeback in a year from ACL tears but the narrative I feel that's portrayed is your probably 2-3 years from being your normal self if you can ever get there. I mean yes Saquan Barkley came back after a year but everyone knows he's not his old self and he's not making those unbelievable plays he did his rookie year. Sure Young plays a diff. position but he still relies on his knees for cutting like any RB. So the question is will CY be in our future plans if doesn't return to form by the time his rookie deal is up cause this recovery time is basically gonna take up the rest of his deal. You still have to resign Payne, and Sweat's deal is gonna be up before Youngs..

The "it takes 2-3 years to really recover from ACL" is a myth at this point. Joe Burrow hurt his at just around this time last year and he played and played real well from Week 1 on. Obviously everybody recovers differently but nowadays you're basically 100% recovered from ACL by 9 months tops.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The "it takes 2-3 years to really recover from ACL" is a myth at this point. Joe Burrow hurt his at just around this time last year and he played and played real well from Week 1 on. Obviously everybody recovers differently but nowadays you're basically 100% recovered from ACL by 9 months tops.

Quarterback is different from DE because like I mentioned, CY relies on his knees more. Perfect example, Philip Rivers in the 2007 playoffs played with a torn ACL. LT on the other hand that same playoff campaign sprained his knee and basically couldn't play after he hurt himself the Tennessee game in the wildcard round and he basically was never the same after that. Went from a 1,400 yard back and MVP candidate to a rb without burst and could barely run for 1,000 yards.

Edited by Playaction2Sanders
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Franklin60.

Just curious about Kerrigan...not paid any attention to him this year. Sounds like he hasnt been that great?

He's talked about him in the ATN thread on Tracking former Redskins

1 hour ago, Franklin60 said:

He's been practically invisible.

He'll probably get 5 sacks against us, in the 2 games combined this year. 😩

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've been one of his only defenders around here, at least until the stupid sound bites from this week. Seems fitting that his unfortunate injury would come right after that. Let's hope this is a huge humbling learning lesson for the young man and he comes back to be the player we know he can.

That said, I'm really excited to see what we have in the guys behind him. Toohill was a fan favorite of the Eagles PS when we grabbed him and I think he has a chance to be pretty good. JWS has looked good and it was nice to see the Shocka Toney sighting yesterday.

Yeah...I gotta say, barely noticed Chase out of the game. Toohill played well. Coach said Shaka will get more opportunities too. 

The brightside with Chase is that his star has almost completely dimmed. Have to think the commercials and off-field business will dry up a bit. One can only hope he'll focus on being the best and learn his craft. 

The guy is all physical tools right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Having gone thru an ACL tear myself you're correct.  Physically.  But mentally it takes longer because in your mind you're worried about hurting it again.  First ACL can come from you.  Usually, they take your PCL.  After that, you need one from a cadaver.  It takes another year to work out all the scar tissue that causes your knee to crunch.  Dr's tell you it's fine but in your mind you're thinking "my knee didn't do that before!"  So, for positions that involve a lot of contact, you're probably looking at two years on average before you can just turn it lose mentally.  

• Thanks 2