Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

He got worked quite a bit. Rams have a veteran pro in Whitworth at LT who abused the rook. It'll happen.

Honestly, I expected more, for the mere fact that Whitworth is 38 - 2 years older than Alex. And I'd like to think that Young could use his speed to take advantage of the old guy. But like you said, I'm not going to let one game get me down. But then if there's a 38 year old who can block that well, it makes me wonder if there's any 38 year olds on the street that could help our dismal OL, that maybe got overlooked

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Honestly, I expected more, for the mere fact that Whitworth is 38 - 2 years older than Alex. And I'd like to think that Young could use his speed to take advantage of the old guy. But like you said, I'm not going to let one game get me down. But then if there's a 38 year old who can block that well, it makes me wonder if there's any 38 year olds on the street that could help our dismal OL, that maybe got overlooked

I mean its not like I'm saying Young was terrible. He was still active in pursuit and showed good discipline on run plays and screens. He is still by far our best player on D and probably best player all around(him or McLaurin).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The other guys get paid too.

I still remember ****ty ass Stefon Heyer abusing Michael freaking Strahan. You're gonna win and lose some. 

Especially when you're a rookie who is likely playing with a pretty significant injury in like your third game. People expect too much sometimes.

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Whitworth is special. Really blossomed in his thirties. 

Also thought Jason Peters was done many years ago, particularly after the achilles tear.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We’ll see what comes out after others look at the film, but it seemed like a game plan/scheme by Mccvay was a step or two ahead throughout, limiting the effectiveness of individuals. 

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

We’ll see what comes out after others look at the film, but it seemed like a game plan/scheme by Mccvay was a step or two ahead throughout, limiting the effectiveness of individuals. 

Man I so wish we could've hired that guy (as HC).

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/12/2020 at 12:05 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

The other guys get paid too.

I still remember ****ty ass Stefon Heyer abusing Michael freaking Strahan. You're gonna win and lose some. 

The Terp fans on this board are not cool with name calling Heyer.  He was a three year starter at Maryland.   Tore his ACL before his senior in 2005, got a medical redshirt and played the 2006 season.  The other tackle on that 2006 team, Jared Gaither,  was more talented than him.  In fact Gaither was probably the most raw talented O-Lineman the Terps have had in my 25 years of following the team.  He had maturity that kept him from thriving in the NFL, but he was Baltimore's starter at LT for a year.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, philibusters said:

The Terp fans on this board are not cool with name calling Heyer.  He was a three year starter at Maryland.   Tore his ACL before his senior in 2005, got a medical redshirt and played the 2006 season.  The other tackle on that 2006 team, Jared Gaither,  was more talented than him.  In fact Gaither was probably the most raw talented O-Lineman the Terps have had in my 25 years of following the team.  He had maturity that kept him from thriving in the NFL, but he was Baltimore's starter at LT for a year.

UMD grad here 👊. I thought he was a scrappy guy, but it just wasn't gonna work long term, and I think deep down we all kinda knew that. I'll never forget that game against Strahan (was it MNF?) . Strahan was like "I'm gonna have to get a book on that fella". Unfortunately everyone else did.

I said it in the draft thread... as good as Young was he was big time over hyped by calling him “generational”. The second you do that you put ridiculous expectations on him and the more casual types (Not an insult) will pounce at the first sign of adversity because they were told he was going to be so damn good from the start:

Reality: he’s an excellent rookie who is playing with an injury and a squad behind him that can’t cover tight ends or interior routes. 

• Like 5

Figured this was the best place to put this

So on draft night I ordered the Chase Young jersey that the official team website was pushing. They stated then that it wouldn't be until October or November until it was received. Didn't make sense but anyway. So about 3 weeks ago I get an email stating the order was on delay. Yesterday I get an email stating that the order was canceled and I would get a refund within 7 days. Anyone else have this same issue?

On 10/15/2020 at 1:01 PM, Redskin21502 said:

So on draft night I ordered the Chase Young jersey that the official team website was pushing. They stated then that it wouldn't be until October or November until it was received. Didn't make sense but anyway. So about 3 weeks ago I get an email stating the order was on delay. Yesterday I get an email stating that the order was canceled and I would get a refund within 7 days. Anyone else have this same issue?

I didn't order one, and don't know the answer, so this is just me speculating with my imagination. My guess is because at the time you ordered, they were the Redskins, and shortly after that, they of course were no longer that team. So the old jersey that was ordered was then obsolete or nonexistent. Yes, they could send a new jersey, but maybe it would need to be cancelled and reordered due to the new jerseys being different prices, or some technicality like that.

1 minute ago, JoggingGod said:

@Anselmheifer Okay. He had a few nice plays but didn't get a sack. Problem is he can't cover for an awful secondary and LBs.

i actually thought he had his best play of the year this game. His two best rush plays were back to back...it was the pressure for the pick by fuller and the play before that (which is probably his single best pass rush of the season).  

I’m sure chase young grades out fine because he “does his job” but that’s not what a number 2 pick is drafted for. I’ll wait some more, and for now he’s OK, but young is not producing at the level of his “hype.”  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SkinssRvA said:

i actually thought he had his best play of the year this game. His two best rush plays were back to back...it was the pressure for the pick by fuller and the play before that (which is probably his single best pass rush of the season).  

I’m sure chase young grades out fine because he “does his job” but that’s not what a number 2 pick is drafted for. I’ll wait some more, and for now he’s OK, but young is not producing at the level of his “hype.”  

I think it’s important to note that he’s probably not 100% as groins can limit explosiveness, even if he can play through it. 

But this the second game in a row that a pressure he caused directly lead to an INT. He definitely has an impact on the game; he just needs more experience and some help. This team is really lacking in talent outside a few pieces.

The bigger issue is to me is not just Chase Young, but that his presence doesn't seem to be making any difference for the rest of the D-line.  Daron Payne has a standout game today, but it seems like that is how this D-line operates.  Every game there might be one guy who looks better than usual, but as a unit, they don't stop the run or rush the passer nearly as well as you would expect from a line featuring all these 1st round picks.   That first game against a banged up Eagles O-line seemed to set the expectations pretty high, and I did not expect them to look like that every week, but it's been pretty average so far.

On 10/15/2020 at 1:01 PM, Redskin21502 said:

I almost went through this with my Haskins jersey, after the first realization I was possibly being f'd with I canceled the order and got my money back.  

I'm not buying this is a Washington Football Team problem, this is an NFL.com problem.

On 10/15/2020 at 11:36 AM, KDawg said:

I said it in the draft thread... as good as Young was he was big time over hyped by calling him “generational”. The second you do that you put ridiculous expectations on him and the more casual types (Not an insult) will pounce at the first sign of adversity because they were told he was going to be so damn good from the start:

Reality: he’s an excellent rookie who is playing with an injury and a squad behind him that can’t cover tight ends or interior routes. 

ES did it to itself out of desperation, I don't put blame anywhere on that one, losing is getting old.

We HAVE to stop calling things better then they are just because they are better then we've had in a while.