Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

12 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Yeah I always thought of it as a stretched ligament, though I bet there isn't much "stretching" a ligament can do without tears on a microscopic level. 

Ligaments have ‘elastic’ proteins as part of their structural composition. So they come by ‘elastic’ (stretching) properties naturally. When a force exceeds its elastic structural capabilities, then it’s considered a ‘sprain’ (tissue damage). The amount and extent determines the severity (Grade 1 - minor / Grade 2 - moderate / Grade 3 - severe).

• Like 1

If he's healthy he should play but I don't like the idea of anyone with lingering injury playing on that crappy Metlife turf next week. Remember he had a groin issue back during camp as well.

I'd rather he just sit the next two weeks but I'm ultra cautious by nature when it comes to injuries, especially in a rebuilding year. We know Young can play.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If he's healthy he should play but I don't like the idea of anyone with lingering injury playing on that crappy Metlife turf next week. Remember he had a groin issue back during camp as well.

I'd rather he just sit the next two weeks but I'm ultra cautious by nature when it comes to injuries, especially in a rebuilding year. We know Young can play.

I agree, but I don't think groin injuries are very turf dependent like knee injuries. If anything, I think a sloppy field is worse for a groin than a field that is too sticky or has too much traction. 

12 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Olave is pretty much the exact opposite type of receiver to Atwell. He’s far from a physical freak and is not the guy you want to pump screens to — he has broken three tackles on 61 catches for his career. What he is, is arguably the best route-runner in college football.

I read Ohio state and then read the whole post trying to find the link to chase young before I realized it was in the wrong thread. 

• Thanks 1

Unlike the other QBs we've faced so far this year, Goff is pretty much a statue back there. If we can get pressure on him we can force him into bad throws. He does have a really stout OL though and obviously McVay does a great job of designing plays to get the ball out of his hands quickly and into the hands of his stud receivers.