Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

I liked Queen but wasn’t all that into him. You got that one.

I liked Kinlaw and Brown quite a bit. Brown has been quiet but at least Kinlaw is doing well.

Loved Queen's energy, and I mentioned then for a MLB, the dude could rush the passer.  He plays a bit reckless but aside from that I really liked him. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Loved Queen's energy, and I mentioned then for a MLB, the dude could rush the passer.  He plays a bit reckless but aside from that I really liked him. 

I was sky high on him. He was

My trade down guy and the defense would certainly be better this year if he was the choice.

On 10/21/2020 at 12:49 AM, Burgundy Yoda said:

Clowney is overrated, if Chase Young isn't better than him it will be a disaster. 

Maybe not this year, but Clowney is a dominant force on the D-Line. Dude is a monster against the run for a DE. Pretty much why he is always top 10 in tackles for loss when healthy 

On 10/19/2020 at 6:42 AM, wit33 said:

Stats for pass rushers must evolve or be better highlighted by the media and fan base. For example, Young forced an INT in the game yesterday, but this will not get attached to his stats and is just left to our memory. Or factoring in a forced INT in a game the Giants passed 19 times for 112 yards with many of the passes being out within 2.5 seconds. The plan appeared to not let the Washington Dline dominate and unfortunately the offense was unable to put any pressure on the Giants offense to get out of the mediocre zone. 

I agree things like that will get ignored. You know whats not getting ignored the fact that the Giants defense went out there and won that game for them on Sunday. The two turnovers they forced lead to 14 points and that crappy offense of theirs only needed to put up 6 points and it was enough for the W.. All I've heard most of the season about NY is how good their defense is and they basically keep them in games and almost win them for them. You don't hear that about our defense. Somehow statistically they are putting up respectable numbers in terms of opposing QB rating and sacks this season. All I see is the fact they are still giving up, until the giant game, 30 pts per game... 

Sure some of that is the offenses fault, but good defenses overcome bad offenses.. 

I will say this as well. Maybe Chase's story goes like this..

Edited by Playaction2Sanders

42 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I agree things like that will get ignored. You know whats not getting ignored the fact that the Giants defense went out there and won that game for them on Sunday. The two turnovers they forced lead to 14 points and that crappy offense of theirs only needed to put up 6 points and it was enough for the W.. All I've heard most of the season about NY is how good their defense is and they basically keep them in games and almost win them for them. You don't hear that about our defense. Somehow statistically they are putting up respectable numbers in terms of opposing QB rating and sacks this season. All I see is the fact they are still giving up, until the giant game, 30 pts per game... 

I was specifically talking about Chase Young and how it can serve the fans and media to look past sack numbers to justify in our minds the lofty expectations set before him. 

Don’t forget what the defense did to the Eagles in week 1, but the defense still has a bit to go until they can be realistically expected to spearhead wins consistently. 

13 minutes ago, FrFan said:

He should have a great game today vs a depleted Pokes OL

Another one down. Only one starter left.

Then again, the Giants were down to their 3rd string LT, and we still didn't do much

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/24/cam-erving-is-expected-to-start-at-lt-after-activation-from-injured-reserve/

• Thanks 1

He isn't as explosive as he waa starting the season so I imagine the groin is affecting him. The one thing i been looking for is the hand technique and this was where bosa was known to be better compared to young and its night amd day. Granted I think saleh allows his lineman to really shoot gaps to create havoc and on first/2nd down ours looks to stop the run. I yet to see and outside/inside pass rush or much lf any rips/swims...

I am no expert but it feels like some of what's holding Chase Young back is also scheme. The whole "we play the run on our way to the QB thing" seems to be true but I also feel like it limits our pass rushers somewhat. Haven't seen a lot of speed rushes to the outside, more bull rushes and focus on controlling the edges. Would have to imagine that this is not just the decisions of the pass rushers, since also Ryan Kerrigen - known for vacating his edge because he got too much depth - got most of his sacks by pushing the tackle into the QB.

I think Del Rio wants to keep it simple for now and have clear responsibilities. There might come a point in the future when he unleashes our DEs but for now I feel we play a lot of controlled defense.

Bye week should help Young more than most. While he has been very effective (esp in the run game) getting his explosiveness back after that groin injury will be huge.

And he will get another shot at a bad Oline after the bye, so I will continue to expect success from him.

He has a good head on his shoulders and a good brain in that head, so I think he knows he needs to repair his body in this time off.

• Like 2

Something that can’t be overlooked are plays that Chase makes that aren’t on the stat sheet.

In the very forgettable Rams game, one of our few positives is when Chase got into Whitworth and drove him into Goff. That turned into a hurried throw that then turned into an INT. Doesn’t happen w/o pressure from Young.

Against the Giants - same thing. Chase pressures Jones and he heaved it into the end zone for Kendall Fuller to make an INT.

This week, it was the Dallas 4th down conversion attempt. Chase put pressure on Dalton and never let him get set, resulting in an errant throw. 

These are high impact plays that you won’t find on an NFL.com stat block.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

As a rookie I look more at impact vs. stats.  Chase Young's impact is pretty undeniable.  The stats are going to come as he adjusts to the NFL competition his first couple of seasons, but the fact that he is already taking on double teams tells you what you need to know about what opposing coaches think of him. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Bye week should help Young more than most. While he has been very effective (esp in the run game) getting his explosiveness back after that groin injury will be huge.

And he will get another shot at a bad Oline after the bye, so I will continue to expect success from him.

He has a good head on his shoulders and a good brain in that head, so I think he knows he needs to repair his body in this time off.

Is this a fact... Him not being as explosive in the last week? Has he shared this or coaches? 

I haven’t been able to see any difference. 

11 hours ago, Panninho said:

I am no expert but it feels like some of what's holding Chase Young back is also scheme. The whole "we play the run on our way to the QB thing" seems to be true but I also feel like it limits our pass rushers somewhat. Haven't seen a lot of speed rushes to the outside, more bull rushes and focus on controlling the edges. Would have to imagine that this is not just the decisions of the pass rushers, since also Ryan Kerrigen - known for vacating his edge because he got too much depth - got most of his sacks by pushing the tackle into the QB.

I think Del Rio wants to keep it simple for now and have clear responsibilities. There might come a point in the future when he unleashes our DEs but for now I feel we play a lot of controlled defense.

Have you seen the linebacker play this year? If the scheme wasn't like that nothing would stop the run. (holcomb is legit but he is only just started) 

7 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

If I see him in zone coverage with on third down with nobody in his zone again I might throw up. I understand doing this from time to time but you can't play call this guy out of a play on an obvious passing down. 

true to an extent. Remember when Lamar Marshal used to drop back into a a safety zone and Sean Taylor used to blitz in concert with a perfect dline stunt? Zone blitzes are a vicious attack that you can unleash when the team is playing in perfect rhythm . Its been a LONG time since we've had a defense that could scare offenses so much that we can start playing head games with them. 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX