Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

I think it’s crazy I went to the Panther game in Charlotte. My first Skins game in 20 years. We win and they fire Rivera. 

I had had no way of knowing during that game he would be our next HC. 

We also play them in DC next season. I’m getting tickets for that one fosho.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001093440/article/ron-rivera-hired-as-new-washington-redskins-coach?remove_shell&type=ios&aid=2DCEF88C05079FEC-4000011700001311&mcid=27629612381537362763988758601151784234&reportSuite=nflmobilephoneapp&siteSubsection=&optimizedFor=AMP

I have to applaud this move.  Hes not the sexiest hire and I can't call him a coaching genius, but he is the type of leader and person we desperately need around in the wake of Bruce.

Hope he can steady the ship.

Also the timing of this sounds like the ol' "let me talk it over with my wife and I'll let you know tomorrow" routine haha

33 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I dont know what to believe anymore. Are any of you people even real? Am I even alive? How would I know??? Could just be a digital construct 

Well, that'd mean Obama and Rivera aren't real, I'd prefer to think they are.  But that'd also mean Snyder isn't real.  So, I've got mixed feelings here.

i picked him as our most likely the moment the news of his firing and posted that, but i added a cynical "likely won't matter enough in the long run" type of comment

i still am in "show me, don't talk" mode when it comes to results, but i think rivera is very credible and this is a good hire for this team in particular....ron is integrity, discipline, motivation, and stability more than some x  and o wizard, true enough, but he also knows how to hire/run a truly professional level staff....and many of them are loyal to ron and some i expect will follow him here

my skepticism is held in abeyance a bit and i may even be hopeful now at times (i'll be careful)...i think dan is likely to give ron a lot of say in the gm (as some reports are also suggesting) and other hires as appropriate in a more healthy org than this one has been

i think a little hope is actually justified here---if nothing else, there should be a lot less wtf than we've had since shanahan's last season here and the jay/scottymac experience and we should become a more respectable opponent and not be in the cellar or close to it year after year...and i'm surprised to find myself in that place

Alright....deal is done. Many more moves still need to occur, but at least this part is solidified. Time to move forward and go full steam ahead. I’m excited about the possibilities that may occur if the organizational structure can finally be developed to an appropriate NFL level caliber. This is the key to helping this coaching staff be successful or any future coaching staff. The common denominator still remains....Dan Snyder still owns the team. 21 years of bad management doesn’t go away overnight, but hopefully this is the first step towards a new culture and a new way of doing business. I think we can all agree that we all want our team back.

HAIL!!:815:

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i still am in "show me, don't talk" mode when it comes to results, but i think rivera is very credible and this is a good hire for this team in particular....ron is integrity, discipline, motivation, and stability more than some x  and o wizard

I think the absolute best thing that could ultimately come from this, is that highlighted rubs off on dan a bit. If he can learn to be that guy, despite what seems to be his nature, because he knows it helps him win thats a plus for decades to come. As in the end dan will outlive ron here. And if we can take some lasting lessons from this with us, we could end up so much better for it regardless of the wins and losses in the end. 

Thats all hope though. Him firing people in person means that he still has potential to grow imo. I hope to see him do it. hes always going to be a part of this so i have to root for his growth, too. 

Really good solid hire. 

Firing Allen was a necessary first step in resetting this franchise. Cleaning out the medical staff and more from the front office a good second step. Hiring a solid coach and great person like Rivera is continuing to good work.

But a lot more still to be done.

What is most encouraging about the hire to me is that Rivera would not have taken the job without a clear plan in mind and a process to deliver that plan and the power to implement that process.

Now show us. 

Cautiously optimistic is probably the best terms for me right now.  There's a little glimmer of hope after a long stretch of dismal play.  Lots of work to be done and I'll only believe some if it when I see it but I feel much better about the future of the team today than I did a couple of days ago.

47 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Bruce didn’t get it done, but my gut says he was able to stop some of Snyder’s impulsive decisions.  They need someone else there that can do that. 

Nobody got it done and I seriously doubt anybody will. Anyways good luck to Ron.

Archived