Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

8 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

You hire for quality.  You leave everything else at the front door when you enter the building.  You may not particularly dig the guy by you personally but you put it aside for the greater good.  And you sure as hell don’t hire for job security.

Jay Gruden would like a word with you. He subscribes to the "hire your buddy as coach" mentality, not the best qualified.

Really excited if the JDR rumors are true, the guy is a legit DC, has coached top 10 defenses multiple years with multiple teams, not some one year fluke.. 2 defensive minded guys with almost 2 decades of head coaching experience between them and both branched off the buddy ryan coaching tree & associates (JDR indirectly), would do wonders for our defense. We have the pieces, but not the brains and grit.. these two guys will change that quick fast and in a hurry.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Wow, that's unexpected but if I had to choose between him and Kyle I would take Kyle.

I agree with this.  I like Schaeffer a lot, I think he is very good at his niche, but of this is what it takes to lock in a young gm that everyone is on board with, then that's what you gotta do.  Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette. 

5 minutes ago, panahoo said:

Eric Shaeffer gone according to Doc Walker

If this is true, big meh from me. There is not one person within this organization that is a must have for me. They can all go and I wouldn't blink an eye. I have no doubt that he is good at his job (doing whatever he does), but this isn't like losing Michael Jordan. I'm sure we can find another guy who can do his job. 31 other teams seem to be just fine with many of them consistently in better cap situations anyways.

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I just heard the same report on 980 from Doc Walker.   Schaffer had done contracts for last 17 years.  Now Doc is worried that means Doug

Williams is probably toast too.

I love Doug Williams for SB 22, I could care less about him staying on as an executive.  

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

I just heard the same report on 980 from Doc Walker.   Schaffer had done contracts for last 17 years.  Now Doc is worried that means Doug

Doc seems pissed, I never heard him be so negative about the team.

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Williams should have gone before Schaffer.  He was one of the best cap gurus in the league.  He will soon be picked up.  I'm shocked.  Keep an eye out for Marty Hurney as our new GM.  Worked with Rivera before in Carolina.

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Bye. Doug never deserved the job and certainly hasn't earned it either. Lot of that has to do with the idiotic structure they had in place and not knowing who does what but regardless, clean the house out.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Williams should have gone before Schaffer.  He was one of the best cap gurus in the league.  He will soon be picked up.  I'm shocked.  Keep an eye out for Marty Hurney as our new GM.  Worked with Rivera before in Carolina.

Maybe I'm underestimating his value, but how long would it take an intelligent man to become a cap guru if it were his full-time job?  Seriously, I feel there are many people that could come in and become a cap guru in a relatively short period of time if that's all their focus was on.

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I love Doug Williams for SB 22, I could care less about him staying on as an executive.  

Doug is one of my all-time favs.  I wrote him a letter at 7 years old after SB 22 and he sent me back an autographed photo and hand-written letter that I still have framed.  Unfortunately he was just an errand boy for Bruce and needs to go.

In fact, no more ex-Redskins at all please.

Holy ****, Dan is going full scorched earth.

Im expecting the guy from the Panthers or Rick Smith in as GM. 

Times are changing. The firing of Eric Schaffer is a shock. I mean, it seems a strange move on face value. 

However, with an open mind, who gives a ****, we need to start over, I'm rolling with this as I'm seeing our owner make changes with a clear intention to make things better.

WOW, Del Rio?!? This is absolutely amazing. This division is going to easily be ours next season. He is an outstanding DC. What a ****ing team or coaches. I have not been this excited since Gibbs II was announced. 

Scheffer out stinks, but maybe Smith gets the GM title. He's done great for us IMO so I hope he stays. He has the connections with both Ron and Bruce, so who knows.

Our defense is going to ball out big time. I love all the 85 Bears connections instead of the freaking Bucs.

Archived