Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I never got the dislike for Larry.  I've met him multiple times -- he struck me as a really cool guy.  Others who have dealt with him have said the same.  He's paid to do PR for the club.  It's not his job to give a balanced take on the franchise.  He's paid specifically to sell what they are doing.  If they replace him, the next dude would operate in a similar fashion. 

I think a lot of it stems from Frank Herzog being unceremoniously dumped by dan back in the day. Herzog was a beloved announcer who was here since the late 70's iirc.. His "Touchdown Washington Redskins!" was a classy line.

People held it against Larry. It wasn't his fault, and he has done the best he can, and you can see he loves the team, and stops just short of being critical of the team, but I got no issues with Larry.

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't know what Doug Williams does for this team, other than being front and center to explain mistakes that Bruce was making.  

I wonder if Doug follows Bruce to his next job at Staples.  "Doug, I did it again, forgot to order the red pens, double ordered the blue pens.  Can you come to this meeting and explain what happened for me?  I'll be playing putt putt, just call if you have any questions."

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't care about Doug or Schaffer or anyone else that's been with the team for 10+ years. Fire all of them and spray them with the hose on the way out and was the perennial stink off our house.

I'd be more prone to let Williams go than Schaffer.  JMO.  :)

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't care about Doug or Schaffer or anyone else that's been with the team for 10+ years. Fire all of them and spray them with the hose on the way out and was the perennial stink off our house.

I'm kinda in this boat. I never was in love with either one of them. I like Kyle Smith and he'd be my priority to keep. Even Santos news yesterday (which was recanted) didn't hurt that much. I think Kyle Smith is smart and has had some really good draft boards. 

There is a question of who did and will do the picking of players from those boards, but if Kyle is still putting them together I feel good about it. 

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

I'm kinda in this boat. I never was in love with either one of them. I like Kyle Smith and he'd be my priority to keep. Even Santos news yesterday (which was recanted) didn't hurt that much. I think Kyle Smith is smart and has had some really good draft boards. 

There is a question of who did and will do the picking of players from those boards, but if Kyle is still putting them together I feel good about it. 

Me, too.  I got mixed feelings about Schaffer but ok with him staying.  Kyle is the dude I want to keep. 

Just now, RWJ said:

I'd be more prone to let Williams go than Schaffer.  JMO.  :)

Our stadium has been a toilet for years. Flush all  that **** away. All of it. No more spraying some chemically flower stink. Flush and bleach. Get um Dan!

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

I'm going to assume he stays at minimum until the draft. He's a GM though and any team would be lucky to have him IMO. So, if Ron brings a GM in and he walks, I get it, but there's connections and ability. I'd bet on him staying for now. Fingers crossed.

Schaffer was one of the guys doing his job well in the last 5 years. I dont really wanna see him go, even if he wave to give him a bit more power to keep him. Good cap management is a serious benefit in this league imo. I know its just view as math, but we can get worse here and I would rather that not happen. 

Though I do understand wanting people gone for the sake of change. 

Schaffer quietly under his desk after hearing Dan is on his floor "I'm about to get the axe. He's coming for me now".

Dan, looks around, doesn't see him and goes back to lunch.

Schaffer comes out from under desk after hearing the door slam shut, relieved, rescinds story. For now.

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Doc Walker just spoke directly to Eric Schaffer and he said he has not been dismissed from his job.

Yeah I think that people are going to get a lot of things wrong today and tomorrow because as things move fast they will just have names or details wrong or unexplained or just not clear as they convey information. Its like that game we played as kids

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Yeah I think that people are going to get a lot of things wrong today and tomorrow because as things move fast they will just have names or details wrong or unexplained or just not clear as they convey information. Its like that game we played as kids

It's not a game of Telephone.

They're leak hunting....

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Schaffer quietly under his desk after hearing Dan is on his floor "I'm about to get the axe. He's coming for me now".

Dan, looks around, doesn't see him and goes back to lunch.

Schaffer comes out from under desk after hearing the door slam shut, relieved, rescinds story. For now.

They can't fire you if they can't find you!

Archived