Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins at Fins Someone’s Gotta Win

TK

6 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Jets and Bengals play each other BTW. This was the perfect season to get the number 1 pick and we controlled our destiny by playing the dolphins, likely the worst team.

Ah well. 

We werent going 0-16....It has only happened twice in history. And we arent anywhere near bad enough for it to happen to us. Our strength of schedule is also not great to get the first pick. We have a harder schedule than any of the other crap teams. We will have a top 5 pick though.

Just now, sportjunkie07 said:

We could have traded the first pick to whomever had the second pick, then traded down from the second pick. And still have gotten a blue chip player. That's what happens when you have qb desperate teams and 2 very good qb prospects in the draft.

It would've been a draft haul that the nfl has never seen before and would've completely revamped our franchise with talent.

It also would've guaranteed that Bruce Allen got fired. 

Monumental miss by this franchise. 

Meh...I don't know about that.  Do you not remember the Ricky Williams haul?  We didn't have much to show for it.  Obviously, getting the chance to have a massive draft haul is great, but my faith is not high that we can make anything of it right now.  I agree with the other posters that getting anywhere in the top 5 will still likely yield us some good trade down opportunities.

8 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Finally, some common sense.

i agree!!!  Unfortunately, I think we beat a better team today.  The coaches did a great job, the organization is just terrible.  It won't get better by hiring some big name head coach next year.  Although, some fans will forget how bad we are giving Daniel Snyder a 3 to 5 year pass before we do this again.  The only way to change is to hire a great general manager and give him the power to restructure the organization as he deems necessary.  It probably wont happen so losing and dysfunction will continue.

16 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yet the chance to trade down from Tua (or take him if he's that good) for a huge package of picks is likely gone. And that could have fixed this roster, along with the new GM you and I are both dreaming of.

Have the Fins played the Jets yet? If Fitz plays those games, that's a possible 2 wins for them. (Of course, we have the Jets down the road as well, so thanks to the Jets, the Skins and Fins could both go 2-14.) 

12 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

That’s a fair point, but play calls also factor in.  There was a botched snap that looked obvious, they didn’t call a timeout before the 2 min mark, and that 2pt call was obvious.

You think they told the center to botch that snap, but then went and scored a TD anyways? You're insane 

Just now, BraveWarrior said:

Have the Fins played the Jets yet? If Fitz plays those games, that's a possible 2 wins for them. (Of course, we have the Jets down the road as well, so thanks to the Jets, the Skins and Fins could both go 2-14.) 

The Jets aren't nearly as bad as they've looked so far, Darnold is back now.

Just now, Ghedrick said:

One thing everyone can agree on is Scary Terry is a complete stud.Give use more picks to add guys like him.

it will take them 22 years to fill out their offense and defense.   because they only get 1 in any draft.  their 1st round picks in this year's draft are collossal busts both of them.  said that the day the day they were drafted and nothing has changed that opinion.

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We werent going 0-16....It has only happened twice in history. And we arent anywhere near bad enough for it to happen to us. Our strength of schedule is also not great to get the first pick. We have a harder schedule than any of the other crap teams. We will have a top 5 pick though.

Very probably at this stage.

and we'll draft a DB

7 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

This board has major short term memory issues. Just the other day this board recognized that the FO is the problem. Now a #1 pick will fix this?

Why do people make up stupid ****ing arguments like this. It's strawman bull**** to give yourself an easy target to knock down. Congrats, you did it. But if you're interested in what people actually think, wanting to be able to trade down from (or use) the potential #1 overall pick doesn't mean we don't want a new GM. Obviously the FO is the problem. 

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

We hung on for a one point win after the worst team in recent football memory threw a journeyman QB on for the last 15 minutes. 

Being 1-5 sucks more after that than being 0-6

I'll never root against the Redskins.  Same time, I'm furious the narrative today is at least we win against a team that's intentionally trying to lose.  It's so obvious they went for two because they were afraid theyd win I want to throw up

1 minute ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

it will take them 22 years to fill out their offense and defense.   because they only get 1 in any draft.  their 1st round picks in this year's draft are collossal busts both of them.  said that the day the day they were drafted and nothing has changed that opinion.

Sweat has been solid on run defense and I feel the push rush will come.Holcomb is solid Moreland as well.Haskins we will see. Bryce love will have chance.So can't say I agree with you.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Why do people make up stupid ****ing arguments like this. It's strawman bull**** to give yourself an easy target to knock down. Congrats, you did it. But if you're interested in what people actually think, wanting to be able to trade down from (or use) the potential #1 overall pick doesn't mean we don't want a new GM. Obviously the FO is the problem. 

Personally I'm not even about the picks. I just wanted Snyder and his man servant to get mercilessly ****slapped by the national nedia for the second straight week. Would've put a bow on a solid sports weekend.

37 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Relax.

Right now, it looks like the Redskins will be picking #2.

Hope you're right, but dont speak too soon. This franchise can **** up a bowl of cereal. We are capable of pulling off a few wins. Not because we a good, because the football Gods want us end the season with a 8-8 type record, giving us a middle of the draft pick. 

Archived