Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins at Fins Someone’s Gotta Win

TK

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’d imagine the only Skins fans that had any semblance of joy watching this game and winning, are the same ones who though last years start was fantastic.

Yup the real fans knew last years hot start was a fluke no good team

gets blown out on mnf then a few weeks later gets  blown out again at home vs atl

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

Least satisfying victory in Redskins history?

There isn't one. 

But this one was competitive with it:

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007102107/2007/REG7/cardinals@redskins?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr

Up 21-6 in the 3rd quarter against a mediocre Cardinals team. After a ton of futility it was 21-19, then the Cardinals lost at the last second with a missed FG. 

Just now, FrFan said:

:rolleyes:

What do you want the coach to say after his first game? "You all suck and should be ashamed of yourself"? "Losing is the goal, and we want you to put in your worst ever season in your careers. By the way, we will use that in contract negotiations"?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Personally I'm not even about the picks. I just wanted Snyder and his man servant to get mercilessly ****slapped by the national nedia for the second straight week. Would've put a bow on a solid sports weekend.

One more week?  This needs to last at least the rest of the year

14 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

This board has major short term memory issues. Just the other day this board recognized that the FO is the problem. Now a #1 pick will fix this?

we haven't been terrible in free agency over the last few years. The redskins problem likely stem from upper management, at least that has been the only real consistency over the past 20 years. 

We can't get rid of dan, but a 1st pick would almost assuredly get bruce fired, that's half the problem. 

Supplementing that with a bevy of high draft choices (through trades) would give our team and undeniable edge in talent level and would make our franchise more appealing to whomever may be our head coach next year. 

Gaining the number 1 pick would have gone a long way towards a rebuild. 

Possibly the worst win I’ve ever seen. The Dolphins clearly tanked. The call came down from above to go for it and hope they could eek out a loss. On no planet do you not kick the PAT and take it to overtime. Fitzpatrick would’ve won that game if they did. What’s most irksome is that Dan and Bruce are somewhere in South Beach toasting their decisions and think they’ve righted the ship, meanwhile the ship moves ever closer to the iceberg.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

One more week?  This needs to last at least the rest of the year

Ohhhhhhh but this would've had maximum effect. Dead rising from the grave type ****. Vinny Cerrato of all people dropping bombs on Outside The Lines type ****

We were so close to critical mass. Now I'm just back to not giving a damn.

16 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Miami loss on purpose.  They were showing they could win but then blew the game to keep the top pick

I don’t even think they could fake losing that well.  That’s how bad they are.  

But if Fitzpatrick would have started the game.........

21 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

Meh...I don't know about that.  Do you not remember the Ricky Williams haul?  We didn't have much to show for it.  Obviously, getting the chance to have a massive draft haul is great, but my faith is not high that we can make anything of it right now.  I agree with the other posters that getting anywhere in the top 5 will still likely yield us some good trade down opportunities.

Hershel walker setup the Cowboys dynasty. 

The Ricky Williams and rg3 trades didn't do much. It is unclear how the Browns and dolphins actions (fires ales resulting in a lot of draft capital) will turn out. 

It's certainly not a given that the strategy would work but out draft haul would have been better than all of the above. It would've been the greatest haul ever.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

This man hasn't won a game as a NFL head coach in 16 years. He's probably legitimately excited. 

If that's pathetic, throw it on the pile. 

He's proud of that second half performance and only eeking out a win because the Dolphins didn't take it away at the very end? Yeah, consider it on the pile. 

That was not a good performance even in the context of being happy with the win, and if you're setting a new tone and building up a new culture, you aren't proud of that crap. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ohhhhhhh but this would've had maximum effect. Dead rising from the grave type ****. Vinny Cerrato of all people dropping bombs on Outside The Lines type ****

We were so close to critical mass. Now I'm just back to not giving a damn.

This was my biggest fear, we going to treat the San Fran game as the last straw?  Have we crossed the threshold already and jus got placated by this BS "win"?

And I sincerely hope nobody here actually thinks the Dolphins were just "showing that they could win" if they wanted to lol...showing that to who, exactly? Their fans? Does anyone give a rat's ass if they  "could" beat the 0-5 dysfunctional Redskins who just fired their coach? Do Dolphins players even care if they "could" have beaten the Skins? Was it supposed to be some sort of ****amamie, convoluted moral victory for the Dolphins or something?

Archived