Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins at Fins Someone’s Gotta Win

TK

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

Dan Snyder & Bruce Allen were huddled up high fiving each other “These idiot fans will be so happy about this win!  They’ll realize that after the firing of Gruden that we know what we are doing!  We are close!  They’ll really believe that ****, ****ing idiots 😂

DF77EFE3-B94B-4A78-A17D-FD65F1D21042.gif

Yes sir. We will play 500 ball the rest of the year and we will hear about how close we are.

I think this game confirmed a lot of stuff:

The team is bad.

Manusky's defense stinks and is easy to figure out.

Adrian Peterson was woefully underutilized by Gruden.

Twenty years later Martyball is still a tough way to win ball games.

McLaurin continues to impress (added because @Ghedrick is correct)

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think this game confirmed a lot of stuff:

The team is bad.

Manusky's defense stinks and is easy to figure out.

Adrian Peterson was woefully underutilized by Gruden.

Twenty years later Martyball is still a tough way to win ball games.

You forget that Scary Terry is the real deal.

46 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

this 1 win team winning its first game against a winless and godless abomination that is the dolphins on the game's final play, withstanding a horribly conceived 2 pt play that was dead to rights in the huddle before the ball was snapped is akin to a 42 yr old virgin losing his virginity to some plump girl that he gave money to to stick it in her for a couple of seconds.  nobody is proud of him.  nobody cares.  and only he and maybe 5 other people even care he did it.

Hey man, not cool.  That was the best day of my life!  I think I love her.

39 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

We could have traded the first pick to whomever had the second pick, then traded down from the second pick. And still have gotten a blue chip player. That's what happens when you have qb desperate teams and 2 very good qb prospects in the draft.

It would've been a draft haul that the nfl has never seen before and would've completely revamped our franchise with talent.

It also would've guaranteed that Bruce Allen got fired. 

Monumental miss by this franchise. 

LOL  - Seriously! Monumental!  Again, step away from the ledge. It would have been better sure. But monumental? And did you not see what we gave up to get to #2 just from, #6?  C'mon man. I hate this ****ing FO as bad as anyone but this is a serious exaggeration. 

Oh, and there is nothing that guarantees Bruce is gone. Certainly the difference between 1-15 and 0-16 is not what determines if Bruce is kept or fired. Hyperbole in it's finiest form my friend!!  LOL  

42 minutes ago, FrFan said:

To make believe they're not obviously tanking, then comes the predictable laughable botched 2pt conversion, while they could have gone for the xtra point and play OT. That was the only way they were sure to lose this game

Make believe? LOL It's is you and others with this tanking thing that are in lala land!  🙂  Why put Fitz in? Why not go down with Rosen?  They already said he was their guy. Could easily tell people they were letting him learn. And it's much easier to push an EP wide than go through all the theatrics of a botched 2 pt conversion. 

Some of you are too funny!  Thanks for the chuckle!  

17 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

LOL  - Seriously! Monumental!  Again, step away from the ledge. It would have been better sure. But monumental? And did you not see what we gave up to get to #2 just from, #6?  C'mon man. I hate this ****ing FO as bad as anyone but this is a serious exaggeration. 

Oh, and there is nothing that guarantees Bruce is gone. Certainly the difference between 1-15 and 0-16 is not what determines if Bruce is kept or fired. Hyperbole in it's finiest form my friend!!  LOL  

Furthermore, I hardly see the point of doing some draft overhaul of picks if you still have Dan and Bruce doing the picks... That'll be worse than me in our annual Mock draft...

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Furthermore, I hardly see the point of doing some draft overhaul of picks if you still have Dan and Bruce doing the picks... That'll be worse than me in our annual Mock draft...

Look, many of us are in the bargaining stage of the grief process.  Wait till we get to the depression.

20 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

GMs in their 10 year don't survive getting the number 1 pick. 

And yes I remember what we gave up for rg3. 

Now multiply that by 2 and that is what we could realistically receive if we had landed the first pick. The dolphins are loaded with draft picks and would have to give up a bunch to get tua. The bengals, broncos, and Pitt need a qb. If the jets don't win some games than they will need a qb as well. It would be teams desperate for tua and herbert and we would be the team that would benefit from the competition for the 1 and 2 picks. 

It is a monumental miss.

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

GMs in their 10 year don't survive getting the number 1 pick. 

And yes I remember what we gave up for rg3. 

Now multiply that by 2 and that is what we could realistically receive if we had landed the first pick. The dolphins are loaded with draft picks and would have to give up a bunch to get tua. The bengals, broncos, and Pitt need a qb. If the jets don't win some games than they will need a qb as well. It would be teams desperate for tua and herbert and we would be the team that would benefit from the competition for the 1 and 2 picks. 

It is a monumental miss.

You really believe that 1-15 and is so much better than 0-16 that it helps Bruce keep his job??  GMs with 2 PO appearances and 0 wins in 9 yrs don't survive, yet here we are. And no you can't double what you get from #1 to #2. All pretty much hyperbole. 

Again, not saying #1 isn't better than #2, but double? There is a difference but not that much. 

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You really believe that 1-15 and is so much better than 0-16 that it helps Bruce keep his job??  GMs with 2 PO appearances and 0 wins in 9 yrs don't survive, yet here we are. And no you can't double what you get from #1 to #2. All pretty much hyperbole. 

Again, not saying #1 isn't better than #2, but double? There is a difference but not that much. 

yeah, lol...

swap picks and get 4 first rounds and 2 second round picks? that's crazy talk. you can't talk to someone about going to the moon when they are shooting for pluto.

12 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Let me walk you through this..

What do you think we'd get from the dolphins if we landed the number 1 pick?

I think conservatively we could get the number 2 pick this year,, their second this year, and a first next year.

Now that we have the number 2 pick, what do you think we could land from either the bengals, jets, broncos, pitt, or titans? I'd say at least their first rounder and 3rd this year along with their 1st next year. 

That means we'd end up with the 3rd pick in the draft, and the first choice outside of qb. That is a strong pick.

Pick number 3

2 extra first rounders.

That is a ton of draft capital, and it is a conservative guess compared to past trades. 

9 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

yeah, lol...

swap picks and get 4 first rounds and 2 second round picks? that's crazy talk. you can't talk to someone about going to the moon when they are shooting for pluto.

History does not support your reasoning. 

4 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

edit

Don't need to walk through anything (full disclosure I did not read a single word after walk you through it) as it's all just pure speculation. 

And the other poster was making the point that we gave up 2 1sts and 2nd to move to #2. To get double it would be 4 1sts and 2 nds. Not happening..

And I am done here. It's a moot point. They won today.

10 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I think conservatively we could get the number 2 pick this year,, their second this year, and a first next year.

Now that we have the number 2 pick, what do you think we could land from either the bengals, jets, broncos, pitt, or titans? I'd say at least their first rounder and 3rd this year along with their 1st next year. 

That means we'd end up with the 3rd pick in the draft, and the first choice outside of qb. That is a strong pick.

Pick number 3

2 extra first rounders.

That is a ton of draft capital, and it is a conservative guess compared to past trades. 

History does not support your reasoning. 

Show me the historical proof that a first pick netted a total of 5 first round picks and 2 second round picks in a trade. or are you referring to series of trade downs?

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Don't need to walk through anything (full disclosure I did not read a single word after walk you through it) as it's all just pure speculation. 

And the other poster was making the point that we gave up 2 1sts and 2nd to move to #2. To get double it would be 4 1sts and 2 nds. Not happening..

And I am done here. It's a moot point. They won today.

You can deny sound logic and stay nieve if you'd like. I know it's tough accepting short term pain for long term gain. 

Yes it is a moot point but we are still in the running for pick 1, but it just got a lot more difficult. 

2 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

Show me the historical proof that a first pick netted a total of 5 first round picks and 2 second round picks in a trade. or are you referring to series of trade downs?

Series. I didnt mention quite that much. My guess was conservative based on history. 

Archived