Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins at Fins Someone’s Gotta Win

TK

4 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I don't know. I think 1-15 is as good as 0-16 for getting Dan to finally wake up and fire Bruce. 

Yet the chance to trade down from Tua (or take him if he's that good) for a huge package of picks is likely gone. And that could have fixed this roster, along with the new GM you and I are both dreaming of.

Guys, on the bright side the Dolphins are not guaranteed the #1. They could of beat us and outplayed us once Fitz came in. If he plays the rest of the year he for sure will win a few games. Meanwhile have a tougher schedule and cant see us winning another game. Dolphins might release Fitz due to good play.

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well ya can’t have him!!!!! 

:P in all honesty though, it’s not like Tua is the only great QB in this upcoming draft. Herbert and Fromm are supposed to be good, right? 

The problem is we could have traded tua to the dolphins for pick number 2 and a later draft pick in the first round and maybe a second rounder. 

It's a real shame as this 1 point win is going to prevent us from having a solid future. 

5 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

One player is our real future?  I just don’t believe that.  I never root for the Skins to lose.  

Good for you.

No, not one player, I'm not even all about Tua depending on what Haskins shows.

I'm talking about the monster package of draft picks we could have rebuilt the roster with if we dealt that pick. Much less chance of that happening now.

1 minute ago, djpapeleta360 said:

Guys, on the bright side the Dolphins are not guaranteed the #1. They could of beat us and outplayed us once Fitz came in. If he plays the rest of the year he for sure will win a few games. Meanwhile have a tougher schedule and cant see us winning another game. Dolphins might release Fitz due to good play.

That’s why I think they trade him, bench him, or release him.  It’s obvious they are trying to fix the season.

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

It's wild how 0-16 gives the team their best chance at a real future, but 1-15 cements them in mediocrity lol...

Haskins becoming a legit franchise QB gives the team their best chance at a real future. In my eyes, that's still in play.

I agree.  I’m laughing at one draft pick getting us to a SB.  

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yet the chance to trade down from Tua (or take him if he's that good) for a huge package of picks is likely gone. And that could have fixed this roster, along with the new GM you and I are both dreaming of.

We still have a chance at pick number 2 trade down if someone goes bananas over herbert. Still dissapointing though. 

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

We still have a chance at pick number 2 trade down if someone goes bananas over herbert. Still dissapointing though. 

Unlikely Jets, Bengals will finish with a worst record. We'll pick 4th at best imo

We did lose the #1 pick sweepstakes. But while it certainly will bring more than the #2 pick, it's not like it's an entire teams worth of difference. Some saying it's the end of any chance to get better are exaggerating just a bit. Also, Miami was not throwing that game. The Miami players were playing their hearts out. And if you are tanking why put Fitz in at all? 

Some of you need to step away from the ledge and take a little stroll through reality. Your imaginations are getting away from you 🙂  

9 minutes ago, FrFan said:

The botched 2pt conversion :rofl89: sooooo predictable

this 1 win team winning its first game against a winless and godless abomination that is the dolphins on the game's final play, withstanding a horribly conceived 2 pt play that was dead to rights in the huddle before the ball was snapped is akin to a 42 yr old virgin losing his virginity to some plump girl that he gave money to to stick it in her for a couple of seconds.  nobody is proud of him.  nobody cares.  and only he and maybe 5 other people even care he did it.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Good for you.

No, not one player, I'm not even all about Tua depending on what Haskins shows.

I'm talking about the monster package of draft picks we could have rebuilt the roster with if we dealt that pick. Much less chance of that happening now.

Because of ONE win?  I don’t buy it.

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well ya can’t have him!!!!! 

:P in all honesty though, it’s not like Tua is the only great QB in this upcoming draft. Herbert and Fromm are supposed to be good, right? 

Yes. And some GM's will prefer Hebert to Tua anyways. Still a TON of time to work out who the top prospects are.

Anyone who thinks the coaches and players also are trying to tank in MIA is missing everything. The FO wants that, yes. It's a big picture decision. The coaches put in Fitpatrick and almost won because they want to win. They could easily have just taken the L leaving Rosen in. You're thinking too hard, coaches and players don't tank, FO executives do. 

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Agree Herbert will go 1 or 2 the team with the second pick p will also have options.John Elway has been to Oregon games himself.Just name one team.

Archived