Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins at Fins Someone’s Gotta Win

TK

1 minute ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

this 1 win team winning its first game against a winless and godless abomination that is the dolphins on the game's final play, withstanding a horribly conceived 2 pt play that was dead to rights in the huddle before the ball was snapped is akin to a 42 yr old virgin losing his virginity to some plump girl that he gave money to to stick it in her for a couple of seconds.  nobody is proud of him.  nobody cares.  and only he and maybe 5 other people even care he did it.

Yes, but we do have a damn culture ;)

I prefer the win over the pursuit of better draft picks, but that wasn't a good win. There's no way that Allen can gloat his way out of this one. We're not close. We're not even close to being close. Snyder must be able to see that, can't he?

So, yeah, I'm glad we won, but I'm far from happy.  This actually feels like after that draw to Cincinnati in London, all a bit empty.

1 minute ago, FrFan said:

Unlikely Jets, Bengals will finish with a worst record. We'll pick 4th at best imo

Jets and Bengals play each other BTW. This was the perfect season to get the number 1 pick and we controlled our destiny by playing the dolphins, likely the worst team.

Ah well. 

I refuse to celebrate a 1 point win over the worst team in the NFL....absolutely will not do it. The fact that the team and so many others are so happy is the freaking problem! Your supposed to beat crappy teams not barely squeak it out. 

I’ll celebrate if we ever beat someone one that is more talented than a D2 college team, until then piss off, Jog on, I ain’t happy. 

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

We did lose the #1 pick sweepstakes. But while it certainly will bring more than the #2 pick, it's not like it's an entire teams worth of difference. Some saying it's the end of any chance to get better are exaggerating just a bit. Also, Miami was not throwing that game. The Miami players were playing their hearts out. And if you are tanking why put Fitz in at all? 

Some of you need to step away from the ledge and take a little stroll through reality. Your imaginations are getting away from you 🙂  

Finally, some common sense.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Okay, well MIA was the main competition for that pick so...I don't know what you're talking about. 

I don't know about that. We have other fierce competition for the top spot: Cincinnati is quietly ripping an 0-6 record. 

Just now, Idaho fan said:

The only win of the year.   Hope y’all enjoyed it as much as I did.  

Forget draft position. Forget our current record.

It's nice to get in the win column... but would anyone... and I mean anyone here... be happy with this win if the Skins weren't 0-5 going in?

I would feel much better about it if the Skins put their foot on the gas and buried Miami in the second half. But it was the same Skins we've seen all season. Terrible second half and beating a team who's front office has traded away most of their top flight players by a single point.

I'm not painting this as a tanking or not conversation. I'm painting this as a "that was not good football" conversation.

Callahan, Allen, etc. don't deserve a pass because they got a win here. This was uninspired and poor football. The same we saw under Gruden. The same we've seen all year. 

The positive is Peterson played great. And of course McLaurin. 

Was absolutely great to see that.

Don't take my comments as a draft position thing. It's a football thing. A win is a win, but sometimes you're not happy with wins even when you have a better record because of how the team played. The Redskins were for the most part not very good today.

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

We did lose the #1 pick sweepstakes. But while it certainly will bring more than the #2 pick, it's not like it's an entire teams worth of difference. Some saying it's the end of any chance to get better are exaggerating just a bit. Also, Miami was not throwing that game. The Miami players were playing their hearts out. And if you are tanking why put Fitz in at all? 

Some of you need to step away from the ledge and take a little stroll through reality. Your imaginations are getting away from you 🙂  

We could have traded the first pick to whomever had the second pick, then traded down from the second pick. And still have gotten a blue chip player. That's what happens when you have qb desperate teams and 2 very good qb prospects in the draft.

It would've been a draft haul that the nfl has never seen before and would've completely revamped our franchise with talent.

It also would've guaranteed that Bruce Allen got fired. 

Monumental miss by this franchise. 

Not complaining about the win, but it was a hollow, hollow win.  Barely won and had a good shot at losing if the conversion play call wasn’t so bad.  Likely would have lost if Fitz played the whole game (pretty embarrassing).  And it was a step toward Allen sticking around and not having either Tua or a slew of picks trading down. 

With that said, I love McLaurin and it was nice to see some competency from the ground game.  

12 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

The Miami players were playing their hearts out. And if you are tanking why put Fitz in at all? 

To make believe they're not obviously tanking, then comes the predictable laughable botched 2pt conversion, while they could have gone for the xtra point and play OT. That was the only way they were sure to lose this game

20 minutes ago, slinky said:

I mean. WE SHOULD go 1-15. Based on that (and the first few weeks) there is no winnable game on the schedule and maybe we still get a top 3 pick. (Likely we'll win a cheap game like game 16 vs Dallas when they are resting their starters and get a worse draft pick).

we beats the Giants and Cowboys last year with a very similar roster and our poor showings earlier don't make a big difference because we be them by 7 and 3 and lost by 24 and 8 last  time

Also the Jets are currently winless

Archived