Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Thompson where do I begin?

joeken24

First off, as a military vet, I understand that sometimes being too overly type A can cause undo stress over time. Sometimes a man needs to let it all out per se. But I'm telling you, Chris has got to be one of the most emotional dudes I know. And quite frankly its annoying as ****!!! Damn Chris!!! Go somewhere in private, let your emotions out and stand there like a ****ing man and give the damn interview. You look like a ****ing (fill in the blank but you know what I want to say). Again, I'm tired of this dude for this reason alone. He was on with the Junkies a while back talking about how Gruden was a players coach because he let them be men and he keeps the game fun. Again, the game is much more fun for you and us when you win some ****ing football games!!! Now that your so called players coach gets fired because of the bottom line, you sittin there on TV crying about it?tenor.gif.b20a9ceaac719bbd5f3b53bf1731690f.gif

Even this baby is lookin at him like WTF bro!!! Stop all that damn cryin'!!! Every time you give a interview, you droppin tears.

Watch this ****

43 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Yeah you're right we should all make fun and talk **** about a guy that has heart. A guy that also bust his butt for this team. Chris is a class act and maybe you should try to learn something from him. 

Well let me ask you this... can he whoop MY ass?

oh, he can? 

But his name’s Chris Thompson... I mean, he’s a white guy right?

Showing emotion is not weakness. Crying is not weakness.

Hating on or being afraid to show emotion or cry, because you are pressed by what others might think about you or because you think it's not "manly" is a weakness. It's also a symptom of hyper or sometimes toxic masculinity.

Being vulnerable, but still getting **** done and having life handled is the sign of a mature man.

23 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Showing emotion is not weakness. Crying is not weakness.

Hating on or being afraid to show emotion or cry, because you are pressed by what others might think about you or because you think it's not "manly" is a weakness. It's also a symptom of hyper or sometimes toxic masculinity.

Being vulnerable, but still getting **** done and having life handled is the sign of a mature man.

Best post in this thread. Thank you. There is nothing more weak than that OP. Dudes stay telling on themselves, though, like people can't see through that nonsense 

If this is truly your initial reaction then you need to seek therapy. I normally say that in a joking manner, but I mean it 100%. You're a vet, which I respect whole-heartedly and I don't know what you've seen or how your military experience was, but this is not the correct reaction for a human being to have. 

Nah. Just trying to get a temperature. Rest assured, I know my audience. 

But I remember another player crying about his QB and it becoming a national punchline and a favorite .gif. Remember this?

giphy.gif.31007319f8f31d2837dc573f39df9c6c.gif

So be honest. Did you laugh at this and/or make fun of it when it happened? Here's another guy that plays with heart and emotion (all be it with cowgirls). No need to answer, just make sure you're being honest with yourself. Regardless of how he was perceived, in this case his pain was over being concerned for someone besides himself. Same thing with Chris. Fine.

I started out by saying its better for a man to release stress and frustrations than to walk around with a health problem waiting to happen. My point was that Chris cries on just about every interview I've seen him in lately. Heart or no heart, there's a time and place IMO. Further, for those that walk sheepishly and silently through life worrying about getting their ass whooped, that's your choice. Been through too much to worry about that ****. 

To me, I could give a damn about Chris crying over his coach getting fired. It does nothing. I like Chris as a player and maybe even as a guy if we knew each other. But if I knew him, I would say bro, why the **** are you always crying? You cried during the interview with Guice and that **** got national attention. Through all the **** this team has been through, never seen you crying before (?). Are you crying for publicity? WTF bro (now that's a joke for some of you (i really should say all of you) sensitive ones).

And admittedly so, this was meant to be a bit. Cause frankly I'm not losing any sleep over Chris crying. I mean really..... ????

But of course the sensitive ones here are sure to come out the wood works. Just align me with Patrice O'Neal. That'll keep things in perspective if/when you find yourself bothered by something you read from here.....sometimes. 

Archived