Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

30 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

No wonder he didn’t find success, his nfl QB room conversation is less sophisticated than the typical conversation Jumbo has in a sizzlers men’s room. 

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I buy that, I see that. He was getting through his reads, in sync, more & more as the game progressed.

31 minutes ago, volsmet said:

No wonder he didn’t find success, his nfl QB room conversation is less sophisticated than the typical conversation Jumbo has in a sizzlers men’s room. 

According to Orlovsky, what he loves about Haskins in the first 2 weeks, is that he continues to step onto the field play after play.  That's uh, yeah...

Just posted this in the next day thread but figured it’s more appropriate herrrrr...

•  

The more snaps he gets, the slower the game will become.  Haskins seems to play too fast...almost faster than the other 10 until we get into a 2 min offense when they all hustlin.  His reads will slow down...as he learns to read defenses presnap, he’ll adjust our playmakers appropriately at the los.  Being able to do these things take time...real game action time where you can put it on film, study it and continue to get better.  Simba is a hard worker.  Wouldn’t have been designated a C if he wasn’t.  He’ll put in the work.  Waaay too early to write him off.  And unless he plays 16 games where he progressively declines, we are not taking qb next year

For the people who think Haskins has got it.  They'd love Casserly this morning on 980.  He thinks he played well in both games and Haskins is slam dunk the guy.  

I recall Casserly was one of the Haskins homers before the draft.  That was his guy. Ditto Orlovsky, Brooks, Reddick.

It somewhat plays into my point the other day, if you bought into Haskins being the guy before the draft, the glass more likely seems half full.  If you didn't it more likely feels half empty.

I am rooting for the half full people to be right because it would be a lot easier to finish the rebuild if they don't have to do a do over at QB.  Plus I am almost obsessed with Sewell as I was about Chase.  Sewell would fix a lot of problems IMO.  If Charles could play RG then their line instantly might turn from bad to good.  They could use their 2nd rounder too on O line.

I am fascinated by the Browns game because my gut tells me its the perfect storm for a bounce back game from Haskins.  Will see.   I also like Scott Turner sounding a bit under the gun to start games faster. 

9 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Just posted this in the next day thread but figured it’s more appropriate herrrrr...

•  

The more snaps he gets, the slower the game will become.  Haskins seems to play too fast...almost faster than the other 10 until we get into a 2 min offense when they all hustlin.  His reads will slow down...as he learns to read defenses presnap, he’ll adjust our playmakers appropriately at the los.  Being able to do these things take time...real game action time where you can put it on film, study it and continue to get better.  Simba is a hard worker.  Wouldn’t have been designated a C if he wasn’t.  He’ll put in the work.  Waaay too early to write him off.  And unless he plays 16 games where he progressively declines, we are not taking qb next year

Agree with most of this.  No doubt IMO he should get the whole season.  And I agree the game should slow down for him and we should give him a chance for that to play out before putting in the verdict.  I disagree about the last point about he'd have to progressively decline.   For me its if he stays static and does't improve they would move on if they have an opprtunity to take a stud in the draft.  No way I think they'd be satisfied if this is how he plays the rest of the season.   Just reading the comments this week from the coaches its clear they don't love how he'd played but they are giving him a pass because he's learning (as they should).  But if its the same stuff, whether its rushing his delivery or whatever and it continues all season long with no marked improvements, I'd gather they'd consider moving on if (and its a big if) they love a player in the draft thay falls to them. 

I dont know how to quantify this, and maybe one of you guys can. But I really feel like I like Dwayne because he "thinks" the way I want a QB to think. I heard him say the other day that guys like Murray bring so much to the table with their legs and it helps make things easier for the team. And that while hes trying to add that to his game where he can, his game is in the pocket. I just like that he thinks that way and understands were he has to be successful. Hes like the complete opposite from RG3 in his head. That may not make any sense to any of you though. 

And so Washington fans wait must another week to see where Haskins will go from here, as he continues to attempt to connect his skills with the demands of offensive coordinator Scott Turner's playbook.

"Dwayne is more than capable," Turner said. "If his feet are set and his body is aligned correctly, he can make any throw that there is.

"I think what happens is a guy will see something and their mind will work faster than their body, and they just try to throw it out there with all arm, and that affects your accuracy.

"They think it will take too much time to get your feet set then deliver the ball, but it ends up hindering it. He just has to move his feet and deliver the throw and he won’t have an issue with that."

If you look at the charts posted by Skins Paradise on this page, you will see Joe Burrow is having a good year.  I heard a  Hall of Fame journalist who covers the Eagles this

morning say that Joe Burrow had 60 touchdowns last year for LSU and he reminds him of Andrew Luck. He is concerned that being on a bad team Burrow could be

Andrew Luck 2.0 and have his career over by age 30 if his team does not protect him more.   Dwyane needs at least a decent offensive line too.  But meanwhile his accuracy

has to improve and we have to find out if he can be an effective pocket quarterback.  If Turner thinks that ship has sailed then he needs to roll him out a lot more sort of how

Russell Wilson plays.  But Dwayne is not likely to morph into Wilson.  So can he be at least a top 15 quarterback in this league or not?  By the end of this year the coaches

must decide.  Burrow plays the Eagles in Philly this weekend if you want to watch how he reads defenses and how he throws accurately.

9 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

By the end of this year the coaches must decide.

Why not next year too? It's unlikely we'll be in a position for the top QBs this year--if there isn't a readily, available replacement, why not go with him next year too, and work on improving the team around him. It's not like he's carrying a huge contract or holding back a playoff team.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For the people who think Haskins has got it.  They'd love Casserly this morning on 980.  He thinks he played well in both games and Haskins is slam dunk the guy.  

I recall Casserly was one of the Haskins homers before the draft.  That was his guy. Ditto Orlovsky, Brooks, Reddick.

It somewhat plays into my point the other day, if you bought into Haskins being the guy before the draft, the glass more likely seems half full.  If you didn't it more likely feels half empty.

I am rooting for the half full people to be right because it would be a lot easier to finish the rebuild if they don't have to do a do over at QB.  Plus I am almost obsessed with Sewell as I was about Chase.  Sewell would fix a lot of problems IMO.  If Charles could play RG then their line instantly might turn from bad to good.  They could use their 2nd rounder too on O line.

I am fascinated by the Browns game because my gut tells me its the perfect storm for a bounce back game from Haskins.  Will see.   I also like Scott Turner sounding a bit under the gun to start games faster. 

You really gunna make me get back on the Haskins bandwagon again with these posts smh (jk of course) 

1 hour ago, max21 said:

You really gunna make me get back on the Haskins bandwagon again with these posts smh (jk of course) 

LOL, like I said with Haskins I am week to week.  I get the arguments pro.  I get the arguments con.  I guess my more con opinion on Haskins is I don't think the dude is some off the charts talent where if 4 years from now he doesn't make it -- you'll be reading articles about how could that dude have failed?  I think you got some clear as bell bust potential with Haskins.  But I am not opposed to the take of some that the dude has what it takes.  He certainly has some talent.  

I've been really supportive of all our young QBs.  I've taken probably the most arrows in the RG3 and Kirk threads from those who disagreed with me on both.  RG3 i was certainly smitten with, I just couldn't buy that 2012 was a mirage.  As for Kirk, my takes on him were very similar to Haskins, up and down depending on the week.  I got behind him in 2015 when he finally showed consistency.  I liked Campbell but eventually i bailed on him.  Ditto Ramsey.  I ironically have the hardest time not having some cynicism with Haskins because of the past.  

I get the people preaching patience with Haskins.  Just for me, I have limits to my patience and my limits extends to the end of the season.   If he ends up the guy it will make the rebuild 10 times easier because if you start over with a new QB, you have to endure the growing pains again.  The exception might be a dude like Fields.  The dual threats seems to emerge much more quickly.  See RG3 2012. 

But yeah back to Casserly's point.  It makes sense to me that the people who bought in from the outset that he's a bonafide franchise QB are more likely to ignore what they perceive to be noise and focus on his attributes.  And the ones who didn't fully buy into him before the draft, will see the flaws and it adds to their pile of concern.  But I am hoping the optimists prevail big time. 

Anything Haskins gives me this season is gravy. All I want is improvement,  and he showed me he is more than capable of that last season. 

Not worried at all.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'll just refrain from making any evaluation one way or another until the end of the season.

Where's the fun in that? You must knee-jerk so hard after every individual rep you blow out your ACL.

Luckily, that is not a problem for Zombie as his ACL, MCL and left pinkie toe are already detached.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

LOL, like I said with Haskins I am week to week.  I get the arguments pro.  I get the arguments con.  I guess my more con opinion on Haskins is I don't think the dude is some off the charts talent where if 4 years from now he doesn't make it -- you'll be reading articles about how could that dude have failed?  I think you got some clear as bell bust potential with Haskins.  But I am not opposed to the take of some that the dude has what it takes.  He certainly has some talent.  

I've been really supportive of all our young QBs.  I've taken probably the most arrows in the RG3 and Kirk threads from those who disagreed with me on both.  RG3 i was certainly smitten with, I just couldn't buy that 2012 was a mirage.  As for Kirk, my takes on him were very similar to Haskins, up and down depending on the week.  I got behind him in 2015 when he finally showed consistency.  I liked Campbell but eventually i bailed on him.  Ditto Ramsey.  I ironically have the hardest time not having some cynicism with Haskins because of the past.  

I get the people preaching patience with Haskins.  Just for me, I have limits to my patience and my limits extends to the end of the season.   If he ends up the guy it will make the rebuild 10 times easier because if you start over with a new QB, you have to endure the growing pains again.  The exception might be a dude like Fields.  The dual threats seems to emerge much more quickly.  See RG3 2012. 

But yeah back to Casserly's point.  It makes sense to me that the people who bought in from the outset that he's a bonafide franchise QB are more likely to ignore what they perceive to be noise and focus on his attributes.  And the ones who didn't fully buy into him before the draft, will see the flaws and it adds to their pile of concern.  But I am hoping the optimists prevail big time. 

My big case is Rivera and his regime should start with a clean slate. They should not have to have patience with any draft picks they didn't make. And if Haskins continues to be ineffective, then try Allen. I just hope Rivera wants to win and isn't acting like a lot of the posters here where this is a throwaway season and Haskins gets to play no matter how bad he looks. Anyone but emotionally invested WFT fans consider Haskins in less regard than Trubisky. Haskins supporters point out throws that you see quarterbacks making all the time. Like Haskins is an NFL quarterback, he's going to make throws and he has the ability to complete passes. Did you see Trubisky's comeback in week one. He was dropping dimes all over the place. I watch a lot of football and I'm being as objective as possible... I don't see Haskins as an improvement over any of those guys. I think Darnold and Baker would beat him out if they were on the team. And that's just not a good position to be in. He has the athleticism and body type of someone who has to be an extremely accurate, smart, and efficient passer. And he simply hasn't shown he can be that. 

Ride Dwayne for most of the season, if not all of it. If it means we're riding a garbage barge instead of a franchise QB, at least it will be with a high draft pick in front of us. Even then, I'm not sure I'd want a QB in the draft. Our O-line is absolutely horrible. Wes Martin wears skates, Christian looks like a 7th round pick forced into action for the first time on week 15 when the season is already over, and Scherff looked nothing like himself from the past 5 years. Haskins might suck, but there's no way any quarterback can make them look better without constantly scrambling.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And so Washington fans wait must another week to see where Haskins will go from here, as he continues to attempt to connect his skills with the demands of offensive coordinator Scott Turner's playbook.

"Dwayne is more than capable," Turner said. "If his feet are set and his body is aligned correctly, he can make any throw that there is.

"I think what happens is a guy will see something and their mind will work faster than their body, and they just try to throw it out there with all arm, and that affects your accuracy.

"They think it will take too much time to get your feet set then deliver the ball, but it ends up hindering it. He just has to move his feet and deliver the throw and he won’t have an issue with that."

"And so Washington fans wait must another week..."

Who wrote that, Yoda?

Archived