Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

After Week 2, Intended Air Yard per Pass Attempt on the X, and Completion % on the Y.

League as a whole is already gravitating together.  I'm surprised Mahomes is so far away from where you'd expect him.

image.thumb.png.0e187afb28947e23cf2291f514101807.png

Would love to see completion % replaced with on target %.

22 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Those are great examples--the 1st one is a good pass, however a little more inside and it's a great pass and 6. But yes, McLaurin needs to catch that. That 2nd one though, had that touch and perfect placement. More of that please! These are the ones that make me say he has the ability, he just needs to get more consistent.

AZ jumped the first two reads, TM & Thomas, and Dwayne got to the opposite side of the field & made a perfect pass while getting hit, that’s as good as it gets. 

8 minutes ago, volsmet said:

AZ jumped the first two reads, TM & Thomas, and Dwayne got to the opposite side of the field & made a perfect pass while getting hit, that’s as good as it gets. 

Oh I didn't see that part...that does change things.

20 minutes ago, volsmet said:

So I'm getting this from PFR data, or gets this from another outlet, and all it says in the tooltip is:

"On-target throws, would have hit the intended receiver."

Does that mean layouts or jump balls aren't on target?  What about catches at full arm extension?  Are they only including bucket throws or ones that would hit them in the torso?  I don't know the specifics.

image.thumb.png.b21533e820902f265a6443fa8e5652a2.png

Going through the game again, the biggest difference between the first & 2nd was DH’s poise. In the first he was rushed & running into pressure, in the 2nd he stood in and let the plays develop, he kept his head downfield, and gave our guys a chance.

Our OL wasn’t all that bad, Logan Thomas struggled. We looked better in the loss than we did in the win; DH in particular.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Nice clip.  Doesn't look like the defense is "laying off" in garbage time to me, as some have tried to say.

Yup.  Press Man coverage is the opposite of "laying off".

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Really good rep by Christian here as well.

I wonder if Chandler Jones is hurt, because he didn't look as good as I would've expected.

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

Going through the game again, the biggest difference between the first & 2nd was DH’s poise. In the first he was rushed & running into pressure, in the 2nd he stood in and let the plays develop, he kept his head downfield, and gave our guys a chance.

Our OL wasn’t all that bad, Logan Thomas struggled. We looked better in the loss than we did in the win; DH in particular.

Complete conjecture obviously, but I think a variable in some of his struggles (whatever one would like to label it) in the pocket this year has to do with him wanting to escape and show his improved wheels. Hopeful he settles and finds a balance, he’s more of a scrambler after 2-3 second mark in the pocket, not first read gone and escape. 

Speaking to the poise part of your post. I was most encouraged by this last year and his presence in the pocket, I expect that to return. 

3 hours ago, volsmet said:

Not perfect, but catch the ball. These “weapons” are offensively offensive.

Guys drop balls every game all around the league.  It happens.  You can’t continue to **** on the skill players to defend Haskins and then say nothing when they run perfect routes are wide open and Haskins just walks into a sack.

The Raiders look good.  That run game is dangerous and their OL is really good right now.  Carr is also in a major rhythm.  He's throwing dimes and doing all of the little things well to orchestrate their offense.  I was half serious about my preseason prediction of the Raiders being a surprise SB team this year, but they're playing at that level right now.  It's going to be a crazy season.

The Colts are good too.  That offensive line could end up being unbelievably good once they hit their stride, Jonathan Taylor was a perfect fit for them, and Phil Rivers is playing well right now.  This could be a special season for them too.  I'm sticking with my Packers vs Colts preseason SB prediction.

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is just some FF guy on Twitter but I assume he must have gotten this from one of the big analytics sites, anyone know where?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm

Click the accuracy tab and then sort by Bad%.

It's compiled by an outfit called SportRadar.

Archived