Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I thought I was the only one to notice this.  

Nope. He’s a good, powerful runner but plays upright. Those guys need space to explode. He doesn’t have space. So he’s good enough to get some tough hards, but he doesn’t have the burst you’d like to see.

James Robinson is slower but has incredible burst. Josh Jacobs has excellent burst. Gibson sees a lane and is gone, but no lanes and he’s not going to show it.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Haskins doesn’t have a very good touch pass. He can zip the ball anywhere he wants, but anything less than a fastball is a guessing game. Also, we need more mobility from our OL and wide receivers savvy enough to understand how the play develops. 

I'm not buying it. Terry and Sims Jr can run screens.  There are even screens that require a quick throw vs. a lob over defenders (which I think Haskins can do).  With all the presnap motion and RPO looks we run, adding screens should add a nice dimension.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nope. He’s a good, powerful runner but plays upright. Those guys need space to explode. He doesn’t have space. So he’s good enough to get some tough hards, but he doesn’t have the burst you’d like to see.

James Robinson is slower but has incredible burst. Josh Jacobs has excellent burst. Gibson sees a lane and is gone, but no lanes and he’s not going to show it.

But in the few times where he was in space he really didn't show the Darren Sproles explosiveness he showed in college.  

2 hours ago, CowboyKillerz said:

I try to tip toe the middle of the apologists and haters, but my desire to have a solid franchise qb (ANYONE) does make me lean a little bit to the side of hoping he pans out.

Ultimately, stats and play aside, I think a larger part of the haters (than would ever admit) just despise his face, his mannerisms, and how he looks on and off the field as a person!

I'm absolutely serious, he as r me out... He has the look of being disinterested when looking at plays after he is on the bench, on the field he looks bored, on the sideline he can be seen looking as if he is THE Man and too cool for school. I seriously think people judge how his face looks, and it lights a fire of hate within them.

No of course I don't think Haskins actually feels those ways... going off his interviews (which can also look like he is bored and doesn't give a rats ass) he has been saying the right things since a RR got to town. 

So, my ask is...

Simba, Dwayne Haskins.. . Number 7... PLEASE change your face!

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

I'm not buying it. Terry and Sims Jr can run screens.  There are even screens that require a quick throw vs. a lob over defenders (which I think Haskins can do).  With all the presnap motion and RPO looks we run, adding screens should add a nice dimension.

I think Terry in position to run a screen is easy to sniff out for the defense and also, since he's the only one actually needing to be accounted for, we wouldn't have the luxury of having any defenders drawn away. Sims is fine but man for someone who is shifty, he sure doesn't make many people miss.

I also think, as others have stated, Haskins slow delivery of the ball gives the defense even more time to adjust to where the ball is going. 

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Sharks are starting to circle. 

He needs a good game Sunday. Simple as.

690BBC3E-BB23-419C-8347-1BD1947D8805.png

Nice to see some stats that match the eyes. I highly doubt Rivera is going to continue this all season if Haskins can't give us a chance down field. It wouldn't surprise me if he made the switch after the Browns game if he doesn't improve. The good news for Haskins is the bar to continue getting starts is super low. He just has to show we aren't the worst passing team in the NFL. I mean, even if he's 25-28 he can keep starting. 

13 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Nice to see some stats that match the eyes. I highly doubt Rivera is going to continue this all season if Haskins can't give us a chance down field. It wouldn't surprise me if he made the switch after the Browns game if he doesn't improve. The good news for Haskins is the bar to continue getting starts is super low. He just has to show we aren't the worst passing team in the NFL. I mean, even if he's 25-28 he can keep starting. 

So if (a big IF) Rivera makes a change at QB.. who do you think gives us the best chance to win? A one legged smith, or a Kyle Allen who is basically just another Dwayne Haskins but with less arm strength?

12 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

So if (a big IF) Rivera makes a change at QB.. who do you think gives us the best chance to win? A one legged smith, or a Kyle Allen who is basically just another Dwayne Haskins but with less arm strength?

I want to see Allen get a shot. There's two Allens we've seen and one version was one that can complete passes down field and complete more than 60% of his passes. My point is, it wouldn't hurt to see what Allen can do. If some how he can sustain drives and move the offense giving us a shot that Haskins doesn't, then awesome. If he continues leading the worst passing offense in the NFL, then we're still the worst passing team in the NFL. I for one just don't like watching what could be the worst offense in the NFL while we have a defense that is going to give us shots to win games. And I honestly believe Rivera is different. He's a winner and if Haskins isn't getting the job done he'll make the switch sooner than later.

Mechanics are just not as important. You can make poor mechanics work, though it’s not ideal. Mahomes mechanics come to mind here. Our OL, TE, RB situation is probably the worst in the league. I don’t think it’s particularly close either. I could accept coming out of this year playing conservative the entire season ( the Alex smith Offense), rebuilding the line/TE in the off-season, and expecting a big improvement in Haskins’ numbers next year. I don’t particularly expect much else out of the offense this year. 

Side note: can we bring in Antonio Brown yet? 

On 9/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, mhd24 said:

Here's every throw from Haskins in Week 2:  2:23 is Really concerning.  That's just plain inaccuracy.  Its an easy throw (doesn't matter because Cam Sims got called for offense PI).  He's great at throwing slants inside the hashes, but defenses will scheme that away and force the outside the numbers throws.  I don't know if he's accurate enough to make those throws.

This is sobering. He is far more accurate and presumably comfortable throwing inside the numbers vs outside. The question is whether 1. Turner’s offense is dictating inside reads; 2. our receivers are not getting open on those routes or 3. Haskins lacks fundamental accuracy on those throws.

Don’t hold me to these numbers but I did a very rough count and got 27 passes thrown either inside of the numbers or a step or two from the numbers. Virtually ALL of Haskins completions came from those throws. My rough count for throws outside the numbers came to 7 passes one of which was caught by Steven Simms Jr. for a first down. The rest iirc were misses— although we did draw a pass interference on an outside route.

6 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Scott Turner agrees and said he will implement a faster start on offense against the Browns. We'll see.

What they will likely do is what we have done for 20 years.  Try to get play calls in sooner.  Hustle to the line.  They say its a copycat league but teams using hurry up were winning superbowls yet we never embraced it.

Like going for it on 4th downs, using defensive timeouts aggressively at the end of first halves. A  few teams started being radical and the rest followed suit. The game has changed a ton, but hurryup is almost come and gone at this point, in that it no longer catches teams off guard as much.  I remember Bellichek one time in the first quarter late 90s?? passing 10 or 15 times in a row. Some things just too radical for us to ever consider.

I think we need to be true to ourselves after how ever many starts does anyone see any kind of upside potential to haskins?? Very inaccurate, poor mechanics, runs clunky, basically needs a receiver wide open to get the ball to him....i think this team would be a lot better with Allen or even Smith....

Why do people say mechanics are overblown and then use Mahomes? Mahomes is VERY mechanically sound. He goes unorthodox when his throw is off schedule to make something happen... and when he does it... it works.

Haskins just does it because he doesn’t have a base of good mechanics. 

They are not... at all... the same.

4 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

This is sobering. He is far more accurate and presumably comfortable throwing inside the numbers vs outside. The question is whether 1. Turner’s offense is dictating inside reads; 2. our receivers are not getting open on those routes or 3. Haskins lacks fundamental accuracy on those throws.

I got the opposite impression.  The timing and placement on the crossing throws in the middle of the field and the hooks was off.  When he's off, he's mostly throwing behind the receivers and they're having to come back for it and they're getting leveled or having to lay out for it short of the sticks.  Dwayne is sticking most of those outside throws, especially the outside shoulder throws against DBs leveraged inside.  Some are a little high but he's putting it on their hands and the receivers just aren't making the plays.  These are NFL windows and competent placement against single coverage on the outside.  NFL receivers have to come down with these plays in order to execute a competent passing game.  Dwayne's ability to rip the ball into these kinds of windows is a big part of why his arm talent is so special.

Honestly, he did better against the zone than I expected, since that was what he was reportedly struggling with during camp.  Most of our best plays came from beating zones blitzes.  Looked like Arizona was pretty aggressive with their cover 1 man press and and they had a lot of success with it.  The didn't respect our WR talent at all, and their strategy paid off.  Terry is the only guy in the offense who can reliably make plays against half decent single coverage.  We're really missing Kelvin Harmon.  We desperately need someone who can go up and get a contested catch.

Logan Thomas is the worst part of the passing game.  Dwayne kept going to him even though he was just completely incapable of making plays off his frame.  At this point, Thomas is only giving you catch and run stuff.  He can't block.  He's not a contested catch or jump ball winner.  He's not a red zone threat.  His catch radius is tiny despite him being such a big and long armed guy.  He looks like a guy who used to be a QB who is now playing out of position.  He shouldn't be starting for an NFL team and certainly not seeing a high volume of targets unless he gets waaaaay better next week.

Haskins reminds me of Baker Mayfield when he throws, everything’s a laser beam. He needs to take something off it. A little touch and anticipation goes a long way to giving a receiver a catchable ball.

It’s almost like he’s rushing which may be him learning a new offense and not being comfortable. 

Amazing that a qb drafted so high that threw for 50 tds in college can make it to the nfl and not have good mechanics. Same stuff we saw with rg3 when we were hoping hed get it together. We deserve better, this season is all he will get if he doesnt improve. I guess we will see how he responds to adversity. Side note on his immaturity, i saw his story on insta and he was at a drive thru starbucks. It was captioned “they know me at the bucks” His narcissism is annoying as hell when he cant complete a 5 yard pass. They wont know him in a couple years if he keeps playing like this. Why cant we draft qbs that are secure in themselves and are actual humble leaders? Its because the sob owner picked our qb again. 

6 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Mechanics are just not as important. You can make poor mechanics work, though it’s not ideal. Mahomes mechanics come to mind here. Our OL, TE, RB situation is probably the worst in the league. I don’t think it’s particularly close either. I could accept coming out of this year playing conservative the entire season ( the Alex smith Offense), rebuilding the line/TE in the off-season, and expecting a big improvement in Haskins’ numbers next year. I don’t particularly expect much else out of the offense this year. 

Side note: can we bring in Antonio Brown yet? 

It depends on the QB. For Haskins it’s what’s most important. 

Archived