Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listened to Shawn Springs, wow, he was revealing this time. 

He said he talked to Haskins about working and studying harder and that he can't do it for him and his career might be on the line if he doesn't. 

And this is coming from a guy who was very protective of Dwayne when he was drafted here about the lack of weapons we have in conjunction with his lack of experience.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He said he talked to Haskins about working and studying harder and that he can't do it for him and his career might be on the line if he doesn't. 

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

And this is coming from a guy who was very protective of Dwayne when he was drafted here about the lack of weapons we have in conjunction with his lack of experience.  

I'm very curious as to whether Springs was telling the full story behind the scenes to people, including maybe the coaching staff.

And yeah, external motivation and push is only going to go so far. At some point the person in question has to take initiative and start executing and finding their own motivation. If that doesn't happen after a while then it's eventually a sunk cost. Especially when you're talking about something as fast paced as the NFL. It's sad when you consider how much raw talent Haskins has.

50 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That is what stunned me about it.  He's not out on Haskins, he still thinks he is the best solution here.  So overall he was positive.  But him letting on that he had to talk to him about working harder and suggesting that he might not have a career in the NFL if he doesn't kick that in gear -- that was stunning for me to hear because previously he was very protective of him and just seemed to give positive spin on everything Haskins related. 

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That is what stunned me about it.  He's not out on Haskins, he still thinks he is the best solution here.  So overall he was positive.  But him letting on that he had to talk to him about working harder and suggesting that he might not have a career in the NFL if he doesn't kick that in gear -- that was stunning for me to hear because previously he was very protective of him and just seemed to give positive spin on everything Haskins related. 

Ron provides credibility to the franchise and Springs can’t just blame the environment as he chose to do in the past. 

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Nah, Springs is part of the vast conspiracy that's sole purpose is to hold Dwayne from reaching his true potential.  Jay Gruden, Bill Callahan, Kevin O'Connell, Ron Rivera, Scott Turner, various beat guys, and multiple unnamed sources are all also in on this conspiracy.  

16 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Nah, Springs is part of the vast conspiracy that's sole purpose is to hold Dwayne from reaching his true potential.  Jay Gruden, Bill Callahan, Kevin O'Connell, Ron Rivera, Scott Turner, various beat guys, and multiple unnamed sources are all also in on this conspiracy.  

Yep they finally got to Shawn Springs now, too.  Who will they corrupt next?  😀.

Was this ever debunked? Now I wonder how close Ron might have been to drafting Tua.

The Redskins told Tagovailoa they want to bring him to Washington to compete with second-year quarterback Dwayne Haskins during their meeting at the NFL combine, a source told the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

“They felt like Dwayne was not the guy right now,” the source said. “They want to bring in Tua, just get it going and compete.”

40 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Seems like Rivera has always thought 2021 was the draft to get a QB, unless he somehow lucked into Burrow. 

Haskins is done.

Agreed. Haskins could have been the guy had he worked on the mental aspect of the game (film rat). Some guys are really good at working out. But they hate or they need to work on the nuances of the game through film study. Rivera has already said at some point, players cannot wholly depend on athleticism. Rivera talks about maturity when speaking about Chase and McClaurin. Never heard him say that about Haskins. He spoke to Haskins about leadership. I heard McClaurin talking about how Burrow's natural leadership and how he galvanized the team. Never heard McClaurin say that about Haskins. Jus sayin'

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree with this as well. I'm not saying he's done in the NFL. I'm just not sure if his future is here. Only because I don't think this organization has the space to allow that much time to develop a starter. Two things are at play here. 1. The team is actually competing for a playoff spot. 2. The other skill players need to know this offense works. He's obviously not the immediate franchise QB. A fairly good backup for sure at this point. I think if Alex plays as well as he's been playing, I think it allows Haskins a great example of how to properly prepare so when its time for DH to use that arm talent, he knows where to go with the ball and can actually throw with confidence (accuracy). I see Alex playing a couple more years if he's playing at this level. If not, Kyle was solid at starter and DH gets another year to develop as a backup in the same system. I think it would be difficult to bring in another rookie (crap shoot) to be your franchise next year. If anything, I see Cam coming in as a FA, with Kyle and DH competing as the backup if Alex moves on. Rivera like veterans at QB. We'll see.

There are many concerns about his approach, however, and how much time he devotes to improving. That side of the job is arguably more crucial than any athletic gifts, and it's something Haskins needs to bolster in order to stick in the pros, whether that's in Washington or somewhere else.

Zampese said that young QBs "need a little TLC," and it sounds like Haskins is getting that. The 23-year-old has to take ownership too, though, or else he'll be MIA from the NFL long before he should be. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/washington-qbs-coach-dwayne-haskins-lets-not-rush-judgment

You know, not for nothing... and people know I’m not exactly a Haskins guy...

But Zampese telling people they’re teaching him how to take notes, even if it’s an innocent comment, isn’t exactly something you should be saying out loud to the media. 

Even if the intent is to discredit Dwayne (which I hope they aren’t going out of their way to do), that is something that needs to stay internal. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

But Zampese telling people they’re teaching him how to take notes, even if it’s an innocent comment, isn’t exactly something you should be saying out loud to the media. 

Even if the intent is to discredit Dwayne (which I hope they aren’t going out of their way to do), that is something that needs to stay internal. 

Thinking maybe they meant to say...."he is starting to take note" as in wake the **** up., as in young man's lightbulb comes on.

14 hours ago, KDawg said:

I agree with this, honestly.  Sometimes it's a coaches responsibility to take the blows for their players. But I'm not sure that would work here either, because then it would seem like they're doing this for no reason, and just don't like the guy.

Theres just no chill way to approach this in this town.

I don't have a problem with what Zampese said about DH regarding note taking. Its not uncommon for young players to struggle with that part of film study. The problem arises when you don't put in the work (or seek assistance) and you don't ball out.  I recall Mike Vick talking about not studying film (of course he balled out). It's not easy or exciting. It's definitely an acquired taste. I remember taking my son to Maryland U. as a basketball recruit. We sat in a room and watched film with one of the coaches. Before we departed, the coach said to my son, a lot of kids think they love this game until they get in this room. I left with a headache. My son didn't seem very thrilled about it either. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1427449-a-former-players-perspective-on-film-study-and-preparing-for-a-nfl-game

Zampese did said something I think was important regarding DH. He said there are very few people that can throw the ball like Haskins and that Haskins was in a select group that way. To me, I would make that analogist to a big man in basketball. If a basketball player is 6'9 or taller, a staff is going to put in much more work into that guy's development than a 6'3 guard (unless the 6'3 guard his handles and is an impeccable shooter). So who knows.... maybe Haskins is a piece of coal they believe they can turn into a diamond. We'll see.

hahahahhha this is comical remember that time a player got drafted and then led a team to the playoffs? me either.  its over haskins humpers.

--rolled his eyes at the team that drafted him

--complained about not being drafted by a rival team

--created some awkward some media presence and marketing thing with his dad where they had to do some weird cult ish

--acted generally disinterested in playing football on a regular basis

--explicitly stated that he was "not THAT into football" and preferred video games

--arrived fat and slow

--was universally criticized for not putting in the work to be successful

--was so bad that people thought he was dyslexic or somehow mentally challenged

--blames poor play on mystery injuries that come and go

--takes selfies with fans during an actual game

--attempts to become some form or armchair GM asking the team to sign highly questionable individuals

--attempts to become some strange social media influencer 

--offended multiple NFL vets including AP and TD

--unable to absorb any level of criticism

--frequently celebrating after losses, clearly no burning desire to win

--agent releases a statement throwing the rest of the team under the bus

--benched by coaching staff

--relegated to inactive status by coaching staff

--cries like a baby and has diarrhea for like 8 days 

--still sucks at football

--doesnt know how to take notes

1 hour ago, ggarriso said:

hahahahhha this is comical remember that time a player got drafted and then led a team to the playoffs? me either.  its over haskins humpers.

1 hour ago, ggarriso said:

If Haskins wasn't a first round pick from a very popular school, he would have been cut by now. Plain and simple. If you set aside all the immaturity, his play on the field just sucks. Haskins has one tenth the taken Murray has. Why do people want him to be our future? I just don't get it.  

Archived