Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

27 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You have entirely too much vitriol for a young guy who has done nothing terribly wrong besides have a immature attitude as a barely 20-something.

Agree to disagree on "only"being immature :) - just pains me to see people wasting cycles on this sunk cost.  Ive known it was a lazy bust from day one (check the receipts) and its so frustrating when people cant see the light :) Please Haskins Humpers, heed my words of great wisdom which have proved out correct time and time again in this thread, let me shine the great light of truthful insight on you ! Let him go, its over  - enjoy the ride with Alex and see what the draft and/or Alex/Kyle bring next year

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Agree to disagree on "only"being immature :) - just pains me to see people wasting cycles on this sunk cost.  Ive known it was a lazy bust from day one (check the receipts) and its so frustrating when people cant see the light :) Please Haskins Humpers, heed my words of great wisdom which have proved out correct time and time again in this thread, let me shine the great light of truthful insight on you ! Let him go, its over  - enjoy the ride with Alex and see what the draft and/or Alex/Kyle bring next year

Giving the guy as much of a shot as the organization can to see what he has can't hurt us now, especially that he isn't a distraction/problem.

You seem to have some kind of actual dislike for the guy. It's strange.

I don't think he's a good QB, either. But there's literally no harm in seeing if he develops a little. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Somewhere around rolling his eyes when he was drafted by WFT, sicking his agent to trash his teammates on social media, celebrating with opposing teams stars during blowout losses, acting disinterested and ambivalent in playing football for WFT, blowing off advice from well respected teammates, liking social media posts about his coach being fired, generally acting like his poop dont stink, etc, etc, he lost me - your right I am not a fan and frankly, I dont see how anyone can look at the body of work on and off the field and be like "yeah you know I want more of THAT, lets see how it plays out" :)

• Like 2
Just now, ggarriso said:

Somewhere around rolling his eyes when he was drafted by WFT, sicking his agent to trash his teammates on social media, celebrating with opposing teams stars during blowout losses, acting disinterested and ambivalent in playing football for WFT, blowing off advice from well respected teammates, liking social media posts about his coach being fired, generally acting like his poop dont stink, etc, etc, he lost me - your right I am not a fan and frankly, I dont see how anyone can look at the body of work on and off the field and be like "yeah you know I want more of THAT, lets see how it plays out" :)

Not many people are saying they want more of that... I just don't get where you're coming from.

He's a kid. He made a bunch of really bad decisions. The franchise drafted him into a situation he never should have been drafted in to.

I don't think he has it, I also think his attitude has been a very obvious hindrance to making the best of the situation - something that he did to himself... I also very much dislike his disrespect towards veterans (Davis). 

But mistakes are made every day and we grow from them. Hopefully he learns attitude matters and can turn it around for the sake of his career. Maybe here, maybe not.

I certainly don't want more of the same Haskins. But I'd like to see him grow as a man and get a chance somewhere.

I don't root against guys who aren't criminals/deviants.

That doesn't mean I love the idea of him possibly being the guy moving forward. And I think I speak for many. 

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You recognized it!  Takes one to know one.

It is my eternal shame.

But I do think its kinda cool on the low and actually says something about his mindset...... but im not gonna go there until Krillin dies. 

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Giving the guy as much of a shot as the organization can to see what he has can't hurt us now, especially that he isn't a distraction/problem.

I don't think he's a good QB, either. But there's literally no harm in seeing if he develops a little. 

If Smith continues to play maybe he can be the modern version of a Rypien or Humphries.  Sit for a couple years and then be ready

• Like 1

This thread will never end. People love Haskins because he was a first round pick from a popular college. That is the only reason, plain and simple. There is nothing he has shown on or off the field that shows anything promising. If we are going to keep a young kid around to develop, it should be Allen. He is much better and only one year older. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

This thread will never end. People love Haskins because he was a first round pick from a popular college. That is the only reason, plain and simple. There is nothing he has shown on or off the field that shows anything promising. If we are going to keep a young kid around to develop, it should be Allen. He is much better and only one year older. 

If we don’t draft a QB we can probably keep both Haskins and Allen around. No reason to cut bait just yet.

Allen is a FA right? He could end up signing somewhere else although it’s unlikely.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

go on - i've laid out my arguments point by point multiples times in this thread, yet you keep telegraphing about me.  Go ahead with it

Me doing so would violate the Stadium rules. If you want to talk about this in the Tailgate, then I'd be happy to tell you what I think the real reasoning behind your continuous trash posts is :)

I don't keep doing anything about you. I'm not the one personally going after a dude every time the topic is brought up. There's nothing to telegraph (judging by your usage of the word, it would seem that you don't even know what it means). You post it here for all to see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

If we don’t draft a QB we can probably keep both Haskins and Allen around. No reason to cut bait just yet.

Allen is a FA right? He could end up signing somewhere else although it’s unlikely.

Allen will still be a exclusive rights free agent. We can easily keep him around in 2021.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

(judging by your usage of the word, it would seem that you don't even know what it means). You post it here for all to see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here ya go...always looking out for friends...

49505650_1658310700980789_5809948041079160832_n.png

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Me doing so would violate the Stadium rules. If you want to talk about this in the Tailgate, then I'd be happy to tell you what I think the real reasoning behind your continuous trash posts is :)

I don't keep doing anything about you. I'm not the one personally going after a dude every time the topic is brought up. There's nothing to telegraph (judging by your usage of the word, it would seem that you don't even know what it means). You post it here for all to see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PM me, sincerely, id love to talk this out with you - I think I know where your head is and I'd love to speak w/ you on it

FWIW - On The Junkies interview this morning with Logan Thomas and I'm paraphrasing but basically said Haskins has been engaged, excited to come in to work, asks a lot of questions and learning everything he can.  Apparently a different guy and approach than a few weeks ago.

I wouldn't rule him out for being on this team next year and continuing his development.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW - On The Junkies interview this morning with Logan Thomas and I'm paraphrasing but basically said Haskins has been engaged, excited to come in to work, asks a lot of questions and learning everything he can.  Apparently a different guy and approach than a few weeks ago.

I wouldn't rule him out for next year and his continued development.

Man that would be awesome. I am not trying to get excited about that because it still seems like a long shot but if they feel like he deserves another shot and we are out of range to draft one of top QBs anyways we could come away with a stud like Pitts or a top LT/WR like Darrisaw, Slater or DeVonta Smith from the first round. 

• Like 1

Haskins light bulbs will come on.....it usually occurs in males ages 23-28. Hopefully his switch got popped over the last month or so and he gets it. Whether he has the actual mechanics and ability is not in my databank. I will leave that to the likes of Kdawg and others. 

• Like 2

I'm not writing off Haskins entirely, but also...

"getting it" for a few weeks when your career is literally in jeopardy is cheap.

Picking up Alex on the sideline when you know the cameras are on you in a nationally televised game can be read generously or cynically. I'll say this, I'm sure Dwayne was not surprised when the media picked up on it.

Posting supportive tweets can be read generously or cynically.

Ultimately, the coaches will know what he's doing behind the scenes and out of view from the media.  And it's up to Dwayne to show consistency in his inner APE as Ron calls it: his Attitude, Preparation and Effort. 

If he does seem like he's turning a corner, that's the best case not just for him but for this football team. If he doesn't, or they don't have confidence he will, we got a draft coming up that is deep at the Quarterback position and I am sure Ron and Kyle are looking closely at those guys as well.

I'll say this, depending on where we end up picking, Dwayne very much could have the opportunity to be on this roster next year. But only if he demonstrates he values that opportunity, and the FO decide he's earned it.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 2
22 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

22 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Allen will still be a exclusive rights free agent. We can easily keep him around in 2021.

So UK Skins already answered, but I went digging a bit more.  First link shows ERFA as mentioned, but it seems like 2022 he will still be ERFA (or at least RFA).  So from what I see it appears likely the team can keep him for 2 years fairly easily.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-football-team/kyle-allen-25469/#

https://clutchpoints.com/panthers-news-carolina-could-extend-kyle-allen-otherwise-have-his-exclusive-rights-until-2022/

"Allen is a cheaper option than Newton and Carolina has the rights to Allen through 2022."

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-free-agency-glossary-all-the-terms-you-need-to-know-0ap3000001106817

Based on this I think he will be beyond the 3 years service and be 2021 ERFA/2022 RFA. 

edit: Based on this I think with 2 years of service they would owe him about $750k next year and I'd guess they'd do a 2nd round tender in the 3.5 mill ballpark 2022.  Which I'd be pretty surprised if they wouldn't do to maintain a solid/cheap backup.

Edited by jsharrin55
  • Like 3

I’ve always been a big believer in a new young qb sitting the first year or even 2 so he can learn the game and watch the vet. Haskins having only one year under his belt in college should have never started so soon. Mahomes sitting his first year behind smith he said helped him more then anything else he learned that year. Rodgers Said sitting behind favre the first year was one of the best things that could have happened to him. A lot of qbs aren’t amazing right away. Brees took two years before he turned it on. Manning was awful his rookie year.  Romo once said something like watching Bledsoe for a year and a half before he got his shot taught him so many details of playing qb he never would have thought of otherwise.  I truly truly believe haskins does deserve one more shot to show his skills. I don’t know when, but hopefully he will get a chance. We aren’t going to be In the drafting race for the Lawrence sweepstakes, so we might as well keep Dwayne (unless we do find a better qb fall to us in the draft late in the first but I doubt that happens), maybe he will show his progress

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic