Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

12 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

The 3rd down rate is impressive but we have to consider the competition since week 4. The December games will show if we have truly improved in the QB position.  

Unfortunately after we lose the next two-three games, Haskins is mostly likely to go back in to face a difficult stretch in the schedule. 

You are assuming Haskins starts again? Only way I see that happening at this point is if Smith gets injured, a very likely scenario. Smith isn't getting benched for Haskins. It's clear that Rivera really likes Smith and doesn't respect Haskins.

10 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

You are assuming Haskins starts again? Only way I see that happening at this point is if Smith gets injured, a very likely scenario. Smith isn't getting benched for Haskins. It's clear that Rivera really likes Smith and doesn't respect Haskins.

Rivera said Haskins could start again, just yesterday

Just now, carex said:

Rivera said Haskins could start again, just yesterday

Sure, if Smith gets hurt. Not if Smith loses 2 out of 3 unless he starts throwing more picks. If he plays like he did against the Lions I have a hard time seeing it without intervention from Napoleon. And even he admires Smith so I don't think that would happen.

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

Sure, if Smith gets hurt. Not if Smith loses 2 out of 3 unless he starts throwing more picks. If he plays like he did against the Lions I have a hard time seeing it without intervention from Napoleon. And even he admires Smith so I don't think that would happen.

our backup could play if our starter is hurt is not something you actually need to say.  He said Haskins could start if the division is out of reach

Just now, Florgon79 said:

Do you believe him when he says that? Or do you think he's just trying to give the kid a reason to actually put in some work.

I believe him, and frankly the whole "put in some work" stuff from fans is so wrong.  Every time we see a backup QB come in all we hear from announcers is how they don't get any work in practice!

2 minutes ago, carex said:

I believe him, and frankly the whole "put in some work" stuff from fans is so wrong.  Every time we see a backup QB come in all we hear from announcers is how they don't get any work in practice!

With first string. That doesn't mean they aren't practicing and doing film study and showing up early and leaving late. 

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Haskins will start when we get eliminated officially. That should happen in the next 2-3 weeks.

Why start him? We are trying to get something for him , next year.  So, he will get playing time soon.  If he completely sucks; then we will go back to Alex.

We may not get eliminated until week 17 at the rate the NFC East is going.

36 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Do you believe him when he says that? Or do you think he's just trying to give the kid a reason to actually put in some work.

What better way to tank and see if Haskins learned anything while on the bench?  

IMO, the benching had more to do with Haskins’ Tuesday-Saturday performance than Sundays. A new QB is in the mix regardless. 

We may not get eliminated until week 17 at the rate the NFC East is going.

The Nfc East winner will have 4 or 5  wins. I think both the Giants and Phily can get to 5 wins.

Eagles close with Dallas and Us. 2 potential wins for the 3 win team.

Giants have Bengals still on schedule and close with Dallas. 2 potential wins for the 3 win team.

No need to mention Dallas.  We may win one more game; we aren't winning 2.

Dwayne will get his shot soon.

Wow, the East is really bad. They can't even win more than 5 games.

34 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I forget (or really I don't care any more) but was the Montez work ethic stuff brough up out of the blue at a press conference or was he specifically asked about Montez? 

Based on this looks like Rivera expanded on his own on that point

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sports/nbcsports/some-are-reading-a-lot-into-ron-riveras-comments-about-steven-montez/2469981/

First, here's how the coach evaluated Montez, who is on Washington's "protected list" this week as a "security move", meaning another franchise can't sign him to their roster.

"He's a young quarterback, he's got some good, natural athleticism to him," Rivera began. "Very strong arm, he has the ability to make all kinds of throws. He's got to work on his touch — he's got a 90-mile an hour fastball and an 89-mile an hour fastball, so there's not a lot of difference in the way he throws the ball."

That's all pretty standard stuff. The following quotes, on the other hand, may not be.

"Very smart, very bright," Rivera continued. "He spends the time studying, doing the things that you want young quarterbacks to do in terms of developing habits, good habits. He's kind of followed Kyle and Alex around an awful lot and I think a little bit is rubbing off on him."

25 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The Nfc East winner will have 4 or 5  wins. I think both the Giants and Phily can get to 5 wins.

Eagles close with Dallas and Us. 2 potential wins for the 3 win team.

Giants have Bengals still on schedule and close with Dallas. 2 potential wins for the 3 win team.

No need to mention Dallas.  We may win one more game; we aren't winning 2.

Dwayne will get his shot soon.

Wow, the East is really bad. They can't even win more than 5 games.

So you don't think we have a chance at beating Cincinnati? Because I do and if we do that puts us even with the Giants. I can absolutely see us winning 2 or 3 of these games and putting us out of contention for a top QB. We've already beat 2 of the teams still on our schedule. 

So you don't think we have a chance at beating Cincinnati? Because I do and if we do that puts us even with the Giants. I can absolutely see us winning 2 or 3 of these games and putting us out of contention for a top QB. We've already beat 2 of the teams still on our schedule. 

I think my biggest fear is winning the division at 5-11, losing in the first round and picking 19th in the draft.

24 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Cincy , Dallas and Philly are the potential wins remaining.

I fully expect us to revert back to form and Cincy will win easily. Maybe we steal a win in Dallas. By the time we play Philly; the players will have checked out.  Philly will need that game.

I only see one possible win to finish 3-13.

16 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Cincy , Dallas and Philly are the potential wins remaining.

I fully expect us to revert back to form and Cincy will win easily. Maybe we steal a win in Dallas. By the time we play Philly; the players will have checked out.  Philly will need that game.

I only see one possible win to finish 3-13.

This is clearly a possibility. Meaning Haskins will start games with teammates who have all but given up. And we’re supposed to recoup trade value for him? 

I just don’t see a scenario outside of injury that gives Haskins the start again. But I’m usually wrong about everything so there’s that.

5 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

This is clearly a possibility. Meaning Haskins will start games with teammates who have all but given up. And we’re supposed to recoup trade value for him? 

I just don’t see a scenario outside of injury that gives Haskins the start again. But I’m usually wrong about everything so there’s that.

You want that high pick ; put Dwayne in.  

Archived