Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

17 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Time to face the ugly truth, guys:

Haskins is a bust on a Heath Shuler level.

Just saw the highlights on Montez on the net (didn't even know we had signed him, honestly).

That's some rough QB play. Huge areas to develop and not one single standout ability.

If Rivera is hyping Montez and placing him as competition for Haskins we have more problems than what we originally thought we had. 😨

Video highlights make you look Phat.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, carex said:

the comment he's not very good seems to me to be more than just his play in the NFL and frankly 11 games over two years in two different systems is pretty damn premature to me

No I only meant his play while with the Redskins. I think as a fanbase we are patient and if during those 11 games we saw progress, then as a fanbase we would be willing to give him more time.

However, I don’t think he progressed much. Sure we can blame it on the lack of games or the multiple systems within that span, but we can also just acknowledge that maybe he isn’t starter quality or what many would consider as “good”.

Why do other QBs seemingly come into the NFL as rookies in new systems, with little to no weapons, on bad teams themselves and seem to do much better or at least show progress?

Yes it could be that they are in a better system or just that they are better QBs. That’s where I am at with Haskins. He hasn’t shown anything in those 11 games to signal that he is talented enough to be your starter.

The constant barrage of coaches and other players calling him out for his work ethic don’t help the situation on top of his bad play.

• Like 2

Nah the “if you have been following this since the summer” means it’s a lock that it’s Thomas Davis being referred to. 

This is not me making a statement about the truthfulness of the tweet, just saying it’s obviously about Thomas Davis.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
10 hours ago, carex said:

I wish fans didn't think they knew players

we don’t.

just like we don’t know the real quality and transition potential of draft prospects, or the real nature of players contracts and the true impact on our salary cap, or the real intentions of our coaches, or the longer term view on what Rivera wants at QB, or....well you know almost everything.

that’s why we come to ES to discuss, debate, share views, make assumptions etc because we don’t really know many facts do we. 

would be more boring if we did know facts :rofl89:

• Like 3
3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nah the “if you have been following this since the summer” means it’s a lock that it’s Thomas Davis being referred to. 

This is not me making a statement about the truthfulness of the tweet, just saying it’s obviously about Thomas Davis.

That's what I thought too. But does Davis have that kind of pull? He's played in three games and recorded two tackles. Maybe he has enough previous history with Rivera that it doesn't matter his inconsequential role on the filed this year. 

As for players, tough for me to to do the tea leaves stuff

There was Peterson last year supposedly telling Haskins to study more, that was a story.

There was the WP story about a player anoynmously telling them they told Dwayne to model Alex's work ethic but he didn't do it

We got the Davis clip

We got the part that some players were upset about Dwayne gloating after the Ravens game

Maybe its Davis but I can see a dude like Jonathan Allen getting salty about Haskins gloating after a loss.   Just saw the summer part, I guess that would be Davis if so. 

Maybe Darrell Green?  😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe its Davis but I can see a dude like Jonathan Allen getting salty about Haskins gloating after a loss.   Just saw the summer part, I guess that would be Davis if so. 

Jon Allen would be my main guess as being someone not too satisfied with the perceived behaviours of Haskins.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Jon Allen would be my main guess as being someone not too satisfied with the perceived behaviours of Haskins.

Allen seems to take losses hard.  I've commented on the game thread when I noticed in real time, Haskins flat out looked happy on the sidelines in multiple games after losses.  I found it weird.  I get its just a game and Haskins am sure wasn't truly happy that they lost but Jonathan Allen on the other hand looks miserable when they lose.  So that would be the starkest contrast I can come up with.  I can see Haskins gloating about his numbers after the Ravens game being the kicker. 

• Like 2

Players obviously notice this stuff.

This is from Turner in his introductory press conference.  Some say here that these guys have been contradictory and mysterious about how they really feel.  IMO, they have been as subtle as a sledge hammer.  They've been practically screaming this point right from the jump including Rivera, Doug and Turner. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/15/scott-turner-dwayne-haskins-has-physical-tools-needs-reps/

The thing the new Redskins offensive coordinator is looking from his young quarterback: Commitment to his craft. 

"You've got to be the most committed guy in the building," Turner said. "Your teammates have to see that, the coaches have to see that because that is how you develop trust and that is how you develop leadership."

“If you’re the last guy in, the first guy to leave, you don’t have a mastery of the offense as a quarterback and you try to tell somebody else what to do or try to step into a leadership-type role it is not going to work and no one is going to listen to you,” Turner added.

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 7.59.01 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How are the reports of Dwayne working hard even getting out? What’s the rule for practice time in the NFL right now? And if you’re going outside the facility what are the Covid protocols?

If it’s the team leaking it, Haskins, receivers, whoever... it’s not a smart thing to leak. 

That said, all things considered the practice rules are stupid in my opinion and I’m glad Haskins is putting in work. The above criticism isn’t just about him. It could be about anyone who leaked that tidbit. It really could have been a receiver or a trainer. So no, I’m not assuming it was Haskins. I’m just saying it’s not smart for whoever is leaking it.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe Darrell Green?  😀

That's an interesting quote from DG. He's normally distant from internal team affairs.

The situation must be really bad if he's pilling on the negativity on Haskins.

Again, I'm doubling down on him being a Shuler-type bust.

Maybe even a Ryan Leaf type of bust.

Edited by El Mexican
  • Like 2
59 minutes ago, KDawg said:

How are the reports of Dwayne working hard even getting out? What’s the rule for practice time in the NFL right now? And if you’re going outside the facility what are the Covid protocols?

If it’s the team leaking it, Haskins, receivers, whoever... it’s not a smart thing to leak. 

That said, all things considered the practice rules are stupid in my opinion and I’m glad Haskins is putting in work. The above criticism isn’t just about him. It could be about anyone who leaked that tidbit. It really could have been a receiver or a trainer. So no, I’m not assuming it was Haskins. I’m just saying it’s not smart for whoever is leaking it.

I presume the reporters are hunting for this narrative since it seems to loom large around Haskins' benching.  For example the WP article that said Haskins was showing up late to meetings -- maybe now he is showing up early?  Mutliple articles about Alex is the first to arrive and the last to leave suggests to me that COVID-19 or not they can linger in the building to watch film, hang with the coaches, etc.  Maybe Haskins is now doing it?  Could just be reporters poking around asking if things have changed. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I cannot remember the name of the former Redskin who played in the secondary who has gone on local radio  since Summer and said he was mentoring Haskins.

Kevin Sheehan has had him on his radio show several times asking him about Haskins.

Well, my hunch is this ex-Skin player told Darrell Green that Haskins is arrogant.  Green usually never knocks players so Haskins is in the super bad dog house right now with Rivera.

Green played with this former Redskin so they know each other well.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

the rumors were he worked hard in the offseason.  I mean due to NFL rules there's a limit to how hard someone can work at all during the season

Honestly, I wasn't expecting him to be doing much of anything right now except studying the playbook and not getting a chance to show what if anything he was learning from it

19 minutes ago, carex said:

the rumors were he worked hard in the offseason.  I mean due to NFL rules there's a limit to how hard someone can work at all during the season

Honestly, I wasn't expecting him to be doing much of anything right now except studying the playbook and not getting a chance to show what if anything he was learning from it

No, those aren't the rumors I'm talking about.

There's been stuff recently that he's been working with receivers outside of practice time on his own. That's what I'm referencing. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KDawg said:

No, those aren't the rumors I'm talking about.

There's been stuff recently that he's been working with receivers outside of practice time on his own. That's what I'm referencing. 

oh, I hadn't heard those

• TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic