Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

4 hours ago, volsmet said:

The best east thing about the NFC East QB situation is, no one in our division is going to get Tua or Lawrence. 🙏

I dunno, the Giants could suck once again this year. The possibly of a Rosen-Murray repeating itself in a Jones-Tua situation is actually kinda scary

51 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I dunno, the Giants could suck once again this year. The possibly of a Rosen-Murray repeating itself in a Jones-Tua situation is actually kinda scary

We should throw the Giants a couple of close victories. Here's to an 0-16 season with a -16 point differential. 

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

I hope they stink with Eli, if they give up on Jones after 1 year it will be soul crushing. They could certainly fire Getty & draft Tua though, that would be more devastating than when I walked in on @bowhunter playing one v one spin the bottle with my girlfriend.

Psa:

Don’t trust get in a car with anyone who plays snakes & ladders. 

81o+mxxhrpL._SX425_.jpg

14 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

We should throw the Giants a couple of close victories. Here's to an 0-16 season with a -16 point differential. 

The perfect season. 

Improvement in start 13, in the biggest game of the year.

Michigan came out in zone in the 2nd, DH had struggled v PSU, Neb, & Purdue ... here DH has 3rd & 11, an OL loses, and Michigan has 7 in coverage focused on condescending the field for DH.

The 2nd most impressive thing about this is the patience, the most impressive trait here is the release — you can’t see it in the stills, but I’ve highlighted the time, pressure & location of the ball. 

Season changing play - Haskins was in the biggest spot of his young life & his OL broke down while he was staring into an obscenely athletic defense that had switched from man to zone — DH was ready for the moment. My2nd favorite DH pass of the year.

1BA82ADE-0C59-41A9-86B4-9E20EBB5AADB.jpeg

1A5E69D7-9078-4E61-9454-B0E8319ED76A.jpeg

FA9FF7FA-F564-4DB8-94FE-FA1D006A7DFC.jpeg

3D078940-F39E-497C-84EE-2B7D2208B5CD.jpeg

7A855B91-716C-4937-B762-A4DFC335617A.jpeg

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Psa:

Don’t trust get in a car with anyone who plays snakes & ladders. 

Dang. I was going to invite everyone in the draft thread over for a snakes and ladders draft party next year. 

Next year's draft looks so good. I really want the Giants to at least be mediocre. They also probably need a WR and our needs could conflict there. 

Re: Haskins, I actually think he has a decent chance to start the season, and I hope it doesn't happen. The offense doesn't look good enough as a whole at this juncture. I want him to look great in camp and not have to start against Fletcher Cox and the Eagles. 

10 hours ago, volsmet said:

is about the same as the difference between Mahomes & Sip. 

I am not so sure.  The gap might be tight.   For starters I just watched Peyton's summer school segment from NFL films last night on You Tube so am feeling empowered.   I ran track in school, granted that was long ago but I am confident that I am faster than Mahomes.  I think I'd be a better threat on the perimeter on the move in Andy Reid's offense -- the RPOs and RO.  Granted I can't throw a spiral that well and am not very accurate.  But Reid knows how to adjust an offense to a QB's skills so I think I'd thrive in his QB friendly system. 😀

At this point I am thrilled that the media is talking about an organization in disarray, and it's the Jets, not us, haranguing a team about their draft picks, and it's the Giants, not us. 

I know it's symptomatology of RFD ( Redskins Fan Disorder) but I'll take it when I don't hear them harping on us 24/7. 

The next move for me would be an improvement in our D so that every single highlight clip from any team imaginable shows them scoring against the Skins.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Granted I can't throw a spiral that well and am not very accurate.  But Reid knows how to adjust an offense to a QB's skills 

tenor.gif

23 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

The Skins have the best team in the East IMO.

giphy.gif

I love ES... its great comic relief that follows 4 season:

1. Summer - unbridled and unwarranted optimism claiming "we will go 12-4 and deep in to the playoffs because we are way better then any team in the NFC"

2. Fall - feel good stories from training camp bring optimism to new highs... strong start to a season bring new "fans" out of the woodwork

3. Winter - injuries pile up, team gets blown out a few times and the realization that all those roster holes that were discussed before are still there. Fast start turns in to a bad 2nd half. "we are the worst team in the NFL! Fire everyone! I hate my life!"

4. Spring - New Hope - true we finished last season at 7-9 but there is 'potential' and hey... "look at our draft grades!"

it's a vicious cycle :)

If we were intelligent, we’d start Keenum every other week, giving DH two weeks between starts to prepare and make adjustments. We aren’t winning anything this year, and Case will keep us as competitive as anyone we ever have anyway, we just need to develop DH & that’s the way I’d start his career.

21 minutes ago, volsmet said:

If we were intelligent, we’d start Keenum every other week, giving DH two weeks between starts to prepare and make adjustments. We aren’t winning anything this year, and Case will keep us as competitive as anyone we ever have anyway, we just need to develop DH & that’s the way I’d start his career.

Even if this is a good idea to groom a quarterback it'd have to be a team like the Patriots to implement it.

They'd catch hell, we'd be the butt of every joke that ever existed and if you think we're a laughingstock now wait till we try something like this.

46 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Even if this is a good idea to groom a quarterback it'd have to be a team like the Patriots to implement it.

They'd catch hell, we'd be the butt of every joke that ever existed and if you think we're a laughingstock now wait till we try something like this.

So true.  It's a novel idea, it makes sense.  But new and innovative has to have success to not get crucified by fans/media and have a rash owner interfere...unless you have decades of track record of doing unusual things that work out.

50 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

So true.  It's a novel idea, it makes sense.  But new and innovative has to have success to not get crucified by fans/media and have a rash owner interfere...unless you have decades of track record of doing unusual things that work out.

Novel idea? Jay?

jay-gruden-redskins.jpg

6 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I may have missed posts about this.  But how do you guys feel about Cooley saying he doesn’t think Haskins is the playmaker others think he will be?

Playmaker meaning what?  Is Brady a playmaker?  Rivers?  Brees? 

If he means he won't be running around out there like Wilson or Mahomes, I don't think anyone other than Stephen A. has ever thought that was a realistic possibility.

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Playmaker meaning what?  Is Brady a playmaker?  Rivers?  Brees? 

If he means he won't be running around out there like Wilson or Mahomes, I don't think anyone other than Stephen A. has ever thought that was a realistic possibility.

I agree.

Playmaker may be the wrong choice of words.  He said more along the lines of his projections for D.H. weren’t that great.

Im hoping he’s wrong,

Archived