Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks for linking the Haskins vs Kennum. I'm so pumped for preseason. Love the fact we now have to capable gun slingers under center. Honestly i can't enough of seeing them toss the ball around. I know someone ripped me a new one for comparing Haskins to Big Ben but he really reminds me of him.

As far as Daniel Jones goes just stop, and not just you. You guys are going to make fools of yourselves once again. It was like last season when you had a bunch of people running around here proclaiming Guice would outperform Barkley, Just stop. The Giants under Mara field winners, we have no business criticizing their moves  until we at least prove we can outdraft the Giants which we have failed to do for the past 20 years. Just because our front office is the offseason champions  err morons doesn't mean we need to be as well. Not trying to attack you personally just tired of seeing this. Lets let Haskins do the talking for us, then mid season we will talk ****.

Snakes and ladders?

tenor.gif?itemid=4180958

D3CA85AC-C3F6-49D3-8AC7-19541A858040.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sip, if you bring this guy (Carter) back here I’m filing a formal complaint with my congressman. Snakes and ladders was bad, but calling Scharping both lumberingathletic, in consecutive sentences, is going to force me to log on to twitter & leave him a scouting report of my own.

EC5D6A75-91FD-423B-81AB-E0B3CA14B6DF.thumb.jpeg.b5e91b72840783b4a277e021751426c2.jpeg

37 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

As far as Daniel Jones goes just stop, and not just you. You guys are going to make fools of yourselves once again. It was like last season when you had a bunch of people running around here proclaiming Guice would outperform Barkley, Just stop. The Giants under Mara field winners, we have no business criticizing their moves  until we at least prove we can outdraft the Giants which we have failed to do for the past 20 years. Just because our front office is the offseason champions  err morons doesn't mean we need to be as well. Not trying to attack you personally just tired of seeing this. Lets let Haskins do the talking for us, then mid season we will talk ****.

Loved Guice, he was one of my guys well before we took him.  We gushed about Barkley on the draft thread aplenty.   Some thought Guice among others could be in a similar sphere of Barkley albeit perhaps not as good.  It was a deep draft for RB -- Barkley, Guice, Michel, Chubb, etc.   You might be thinking of some draft geeks like Ledyard who thought Guice would be better but they were a small minority.  Playing along on riding with your point though its not like that chapter is closed and done -- we haven't even seen Guice play yet.    

As for the Giants under Mara just field winners.  It's not 2011 anymore.   The Mara's just win hasn't been the story for quite some time.  They've finished last twice in a row.  Had losing records in 5 out of the last 6 seasons.  They haven't won the division in 8 years.    I read the NY papers almost every day and nope the Mara's aren't revered like they were back then.   It's a soap opera like organization these days with all sorts of back stories about dysfunction in FO among other narratives.  There was a whole behind the scenes story about the NY Giants FO about a week ago that smacks eerily similar to the stories under Dan. 

As for Daniel Jones, I spent a lot of time watching him before the draft as I did other QBs coming out of this draft.   So did plenty of others on the draft thread.  We aren't draft experts to say the least but we form our own opinions and stick our neck out on them for better or worse.  A bunch of us were down on Daniel Jones well before the Giants took him.  We were relieved the Giants took him.  Could we be wrong?  Sure, why not.  I don't think we'd be made fools if so.   Otherwise every fan or for that matter personnel guy would be a fool because everyone gets it wrong on players.  We all know it's not a perfect science.  But if you can't ride on an opinion before things play out -- then there isn't much to talk about on threads like this.  Almost every point we make centers on projecting something.   We don't know.  But we guess. 

The main outcry about Daniel Jones its not really so much centered on other teams fan reactions to the pick but instead its about the Giants fans reaction to the pick.  They above all would know Mara and his track record well -- with that in mind a whole bunch of Giants fans I gather aren't so trusting of the Mara just fields winners narrative.

38 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

In summary:

1) Do not post criticisms of teams with ownership that is superior to Washington’s.

2) Do not post about Haskins on a Redskins forum.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, volsmet said:

In summary:

1) Do not post criticisms of teams with ownership that is superior to Washington’s.

2) Do not post about Haskins on a Redskins forum.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

Just listened to Keim's podcast with Reddick.  Reddick has been arguably Haskins' biggest fan among the talking head types throughout the process -- but wow, he really went to town on that podcast. 

Some highlights:

Haskins is the best QB they've had since Reddick worked for the Redskins through today (starting with Ramsey).  He thinks Haskins weakness is throwing in the move from different platforms when he can't set his feet.  But he says Haskins knows it and is working on that.  Otherwise he loves his arm talent and smarts.  

He doesn't think much of the Redskins wide outs and doesn't think they can be a threat in the NFC East until they fix that position.  Worries about Haskins playing with this WR corp.

Lou was one of few I found that agreed with Goff being a breakout guy with McVay, though he mistakenly still thought Kirk was better ... takes everyone some time to figure things out.

Haskins could be our franchise guy...the arm is special, the work ethic is first rate, the mustache is legit. I can’t wait to see how he does in the preseason, I don’t think he’s ready to lead us to many wins, but if we keep him healthy he will enter year two having processed enough to take a huge step in year 2, like the Goff. 

The best east thing about the NFC East QB situation is, no one in our division is going to get Tua or Lawrence. 🙏

I commented on this point before the draft ironically specifically about Haskins saying if they believe in him i would override Jay if his concern about drafting him is he's not ready to help them win now.    Like I said then I don't blame Jay for wanting a player that helps them win now since he supposedly is coaching for his job. 

So to Keim's point below I gather Jay's concern about experience centered on readiness.  It makes sense since even before the draft Jay specifically talked about Haskins being a Qb who would not being ready right away.

My point though is if Jay was thinking that then wonder if he changed his mind since.  I am with Reddick in that I got some concerns about throwing Haskins into the fire right away this season. 

14 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Haskins could be our franchise guy...the arm is special, the work ethic is first rate, the mustache is legit. I can’t wait to see how he does in the preseason, I don’t think he’s ready to lead us to many wins, but if we keep him healthy he will enter year two having processed enough to take a huge step in year 2, like the Goff. 

The best east thing about the NFC East QB situation is, no one in our division is going to get Tua or Lawrence. 🙏

Yeah actually ironically my main fear about the Giants isn't that they emerge but instead that they will be so bad for the next couple of years that they can load up.  I love Barkley but count me among those who would have taken Darnold instead.    I don't want them to get Jeudy this year for example and Lawrence the next or be in a position to take Tua and either take him or get a kings ransom for the pick. 

Not that I think the Redskins are that much better than the Giants.   But if Haskins is the real deal it will change the outlook in a big way.   Then, IMO they need to load up on WR, TE, O line and MLB in the next off season.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah actually ironically my main fear about the Giants isn't that they emerge but instead that they will be so bad for the next couple of years that they can load up.  I love Barkley but count me among those who would have taken Darnold instead.    I don't want them to get Jeudy this year for example and Lawrence the next or be in a position to take Tua and either take him or get a kings ransom for the pick. 

Not that I think the Redskins are that much better than the Giants.   But if Haskins is the real deal it will change the outlook in a big way.   Then, IMO they need to load up on WR, O line and MLB in the next off season.  

I hope the Giants are on the bottom with Dallas.

On another note on the same Keim podcast they interviewed a former NFL scout who was working through this draft.  Keim asked him about some players.  His takes:

Holcomb:  he thinks he has some potential and can start this season

W. Martin:  he likes him

Troy Apke:  he doesn't see him ever being a starter, thought he was a major reach

G. Christian:  he thinks he was a little bit of a reach.  He needs to get stronger to contribute. 

2 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I hope the Giants are on the bottom with Dallas.

My in-laws are Giants fans so I enjoy ribbing them and vice versa.  So I do get a kick out of the Giants misery.  However, if they keep flirting with top 5 picks, they will eventually scare me.  

I recall being for example at the Redskins-Dallas game in Dallas to cap off the 2015 season and they kicked Dallas' butts and it was fun to watch.  i talked to a business associate the day after who was a big Cowboys fan and he told me he was glad it happened because it secured them a top 5 pick.  They ended up getting Elliot that draft and have been a better team than the Redskins ever since.  So I do fear NFC East rivals having awful seasons.   I'd rather these teams go 7-9 than 3-13. 

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That was a great listen.  Thanks for posting.

The point Lou made about it ultimately being up to the fanbase how long Haskins is able to sit really resonates with me.  That's why I get annoyed when ES posters (who are supposed to be smarter than the average casual fan) want him to start Week 1.  Just imagining Haskins out there on 3rd & 4 plus with no one to throw to, because his WRs can't create separation from their defenders, and, as a result, watching him get wrecked by Fletcher Cox, Demarcus Lawrence, Khalil Mack, etc. is enough to give me PTSD, let alone what effect it will have on Haskins once he actually goes through it.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Just imagining Haskins out there on 3rd & 4 plus with no one to throw to, because his WRs can't create separation from their defenders, and, as a result, watching him get wrecked by Fletcher Cox, Demarcus Lawrence, Khalil Mack, etc. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3887568

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My in-laws are Giants fans so I enjoy ribbing them and vice versa.  So I do get a kick out of the Giants misery.  However, if they keep flirting with top 5 picks, they will eventually scare me.  

I recall being for example at the Redskins-Dallas game in Dallas to cap off the 2015 season and they kicked Dallas' butts and it was fun to watch.  i talked to a business associate the day after who was a big Cowboys fan and he told me he was glad it happened because it secured them a top 5 pick.  They ended up getting Elliot that draft and have been a better team than the Redskins ever since.  So I do fear NFC East rivals having awful seasons.   I'd rather these teams go 7-9 than 3-13. 

Very true. I hate the Giants for beating us twice in the playoffs. We will never get over it. Dallas at least has only won what 4 playoff games since 1995.

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That was a great listen.  Thanks for posting.

The point Lou made about it ultimately being up to the fanbase how long Haskins is able to sit really resonates with me.  That's why I get annoyed when ES posters (who are supposed to be smarter than the average casual fan) want him to start Week 1.  Just imagining Haskins out there on 3rd & 4 plus with no one to throw to, because his WRs can't create separation from their defenders, and, as a result, watching him get wrecked by Fletcher Cox, Demarcus Lawrence, Khalil Mack, etc. is enough to give me PTSD, let alone what effect it will have on Haskins once he actually goes through it.

Your D line was tough last year.

2 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Thanks for linking the Haskins vs Kennum. I'm so pumped for preseason. Love the fact we now have to capable gun slingers under center. Honestly i can't enough of seeing them toss the ball around. I know someone ripped me a new one for comparing Haskins to Big Ben but he really reminds me of him.

Except Barkley was a generational talent and Jones wasn’t that good in college. I legit would have quit watching this team if they took him at 15.

1 minute ago, JoggingGod said:

Except Barkley was a generational talent and Jones wasn’t that good in college. I legit would have quit watching this team if they took him at 15.

I hope we can at least beat NY this year. We play them in New York so it will be tough.

New York screwed up taking Barkley over Darnold.  QBs are always more valuable than RBs.  If they didn't like Darnold, then they should have down the trade down that Indy did (3 2nds to go from 2 to 6).  Draft probably goes:

1)  Cle-Mayfield

2)  (NYJ from NYG)-Darnold

3)  Indy-Nelson (their FO is smart enough not to take a RB that high)

4)  Cle-Ward (Its tough to pass on Barkley, but they were shrewd for liking Chubb in the 2nd)

5)  Denver-Barkley (I think Elway probably goes Barkley over Chubb)

6)  Buffalo (do the same Josh Allen trade and drop to #12 for #53 and #56)-Josh Allen

7)  TB-Chubb

8)  Bears-Smith

9)  SF-Mcglintchey

10)  AZ-Rosen

11)  Miami-Fitzpatrick

12)  NYG-Should have taken Derwin James, LVE, or Payne here.  Gettleman probably takes LVE due to his love of LBs).

All of a sudden, they have LVE, #34, #37 (via NYJ), #49 (via NYJ), #53 (via BUF), and #56 (via BUF), plus #34 (via NYJ) in the 2019 draft from the Jets.  They would have rebuilt their entire team if they were smart.

In retrospect, you take Darius Leanard (#34), James Daniels (#37), Anthony Miller (#49), Jesse Bates (#53), and Isiah Oliver (#56), plus the #34 pick the following draft.  You could have rebuilt the entire team with this draft.

QB’s are only better value if they are good QBs. Would you rather draft Adrian Peterson or Jake Locker? Would you rather have LeVeon Bell or RG3. Take the better talent despite position IMO

1 minute ago, dyst said:

QB’s are only better value if they are good QBs. Would you rather draft Adrian Peterson or Jake Locker? Would you rather have LeVeon Bell or RG3. Take the better talent despite position IMO

IMO Darnold is way better than Locker though.    I think he will ultimately be really really good.   Actually I didn't really think about it until now but the Jets are actually a good example in a way to the situation here -- that is a team without passing weapons.  Jets fans from what I noticed were excited about what they saw from Darnold in spite of having rough patches last season.  However, look at the Browns set up for Mayfield right now versus the Jets -- talk about night and day. 

Jets though added Crowder And L. Bell is arguably the best pass catching RB in the league.  They got ways to go but they gave Darnold more to work with.  the article below IMO is apt to the situation here.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-need-to-give-sam-darnold-some-weapons-this-offseason/301895566

Jets need to give Sam Darnold some weapons this offseason

The Jets' rookie keeps producing, but no quarterbacks can ever do it alone

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - With two minutes to go in the game and the Jets trailing and reeling, Sam Darnold made the kind of throw that star quarterbacks often make. It was 4th down and 14 and he fired it 20 yards down field, right on target.

It should have kept the Jets' desperation drive alive. Instead, the ball bounced right off Robby Anderson's hands.

And that was a reminder about the truth about the Jets and their future: They have their quarterback.

They just don't have anything else.

The 21-year-old Darnold had a terrific game on Saturday in the Jets' 29-22 loss to the Houston Texans, but whatever he does these days he is basically doing alone. The Jets don't have a running game to help him anymore and they don't have a running back who is a threat as a receiver out of the backfield. They also don't have an actual No. 1 receiver. In fact, it's not even clear that they have a legitimate No. 2.

What they have is a deep threat in Anderson, who really does little else, and enough mediocrity elsewhere that Darnold was still able to complete 24 of 38 passes for 253 yards by spreading the ball around to nine different receivers. And none of them are really very good.

That's why what's happening has to be a huge sign for Jets GM Mike Maccagnan that his top offseason priority needs to be stocking the offense. Somehow, with his $100 million in cap room and high draft pick, he needs to find his franchise quarterback a No. 1 receiver, and maybe another receiver too. And throwing a ton of money at free agent running back Le'Veon Bell would help too.

Because Darnold is good. He's starting to show that he's going to be really, really good.

But if he doesn't get some weapons next year, all that talent is just going to go to waste.

No one is denying that Barkley is going to be a perennial top 5 RB.  The question is that RBs can always be found.  Phillip Lindsey went undrafted and went to the pro-bowl last year.  Nick Chubb (once Hue was fired) looked awesome.  Ditto Keryon Johnson.  Is Barkley better all of those RBs?  Yes.  The difference though, is not nearly as massive as Sam Darnold versus Daniel Jones.  

43 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

No one is denying that Barkley is going to be a perennial top 5 RB.  The question is that RBs can always be found.  Phillip Lindsey went undrafted and went to the pro-bowl last year.  Nick Chubb (once Hue was fired) looked awesome.  Ditto Keryon Johnson.  Is Barkley better all of those RBs?  Yes.  The difference though, is not nearly as massive as Sam Darnold versus Daniel Jones.  

I think the difference between Barkley & Johnson is about the same as the difference between Mahomes & Sip. 

Archived