Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

31 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You quoted me out of context by not including the rest.  Or you could have started with This is not directed at you.  

But it no worries.  Moving on. In the end we are both pretty much saying the same thing. 

200.gif

You may not be familiar with how conversations work, often times someone replies to one piece they’d like to emphasize; I simply added to the portion I quoted, you know, normal human communication. 

giphy.gif

For no reason at all, you were a condescending knobhead; I’m not worried about it, that’s what gifs are for. 

giphy.gif

I didn’t disagree with you, it’s difficult to see what got your panties all bunched up, but muppets gonna muppet, eh mate? 

giphy.gif

Just now, volsmet said:

You may not be familiar with how conversations work, often times someone replies to one piece they’d like to emphasize; I simply added to the portion I quoted, you know, normal human communication. 

For no reason at all, you were a condescending knobhead; I’m not worried about it, that’s what gifs are for. 

I didn’t disagree with you, it’s difficult to see what got your panties all bunched up, but muppets gonna muppet, eh mate?

Not sure why you feel the need to go this way. I was not being condescending at all. But if it came off that way then I apologize but again that was not my intent. Either way the little rant above and the personal attack is just not necessary. I thought we were past this type of stuff. I guess not. 

For sure moving on. Hard to have a real conversation. 

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Not sure why you feel the need to go this way. I was not being condescending at all. But if it came off that way then I apologize but again that was not my intent. Either way the little rant above and the personal attack is just not necessary. I thought we were past this type of stuff. I guess not. 

Well, you were being condescending, in real life, but that post was just sarcasm & gifs inspired by the worlds best arsenal fan... I assume most have watched this. 

***language warning

Just goofin man, I don’t care if you were being a knobhead - or not - on the internet, it’s all entertainment here. It’s a beautiful day gs10.

6 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

He has a cushy OC job waiting for him in Vegas, with a brother who is on a 10-year contract.  I'd be happy too if that was my worst-case scenario.

Could Jay and Jon successfully work together ?

Especially if one is above the other ?

Does Jay want one more chance in another location and a new, clean slate, to carve out a name for himself, and win his very own Lombardi ?

These are the questions that must be answered before proceeding to Las Vegas.

13 hours ago, goskins10 said:

BigBaggyAgouti-max-1mb.gif

Can't we all just be enemies?

Keenum had another good day.  I think it will kinda suck for Haskins to have to wait until Keenum stumbles, to play. At that point, Keenum and the world will know what is happening, and is inevitable. I fear Case will just take no risks and play for his next contract, which will hold back our already presumed conservative run run short pass offense even further.

He did have 15 INTs last year so there is hope that he will be aggressive, but I think our offense and overall approach to winning games will be exactly like last year. Hopefully Keenum is unafraid of blanket coverage on our fleet of meh WRs and forces the ball more than Alex did. Either he succeeds and opens up our offense, or it fails and we get Haskins.

Lets drink and bury the hatchet

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, Llevron said:

Thats the kind of fan i aspire to be lol. Christ almighty has that man had enough

Trust me, as a Redskin fan we have had it worse than any Arsenal fan.  Believe it!  Looking at that reaction , if he was a Redskins fan he would have ended all by now. 

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Keenum had another good day.  I think it will kinda suck for Haskins to have to wait until Keenum stumbles, to play. At that point, Keenum and the world will know what is happening, and is inevitable. I fear Case will just take no risks and play for his next contract, which will hold back our already presumed conservative run run short pass offense even further.

He did have 15 INTs last year so there is hope that he will be aggressive, but I think our offense and overall approach to winning games will be exactly like last year. Hopefully Keenum is unafraid of blanket coverage on our fleet of meh WRs and forces the ball more than Alex did. Either he succeeds and opens up our offense, or it fails and we get Haskins.

Lets drink and bury the hatchet

giphy.gif

Keenum doesn’t roll that way. He will give guys chances and take some risks. 

17 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Keenum doesn’t roll that way. He will give guys chances and take some risks. 

Nice, thanks for sharing. All I remember about him is lighting it up in Minny and knowing Kirk would be hard pressed to top Case's strong 2017 season. 

That 15 INTs last year is a tell after all.  Fitzpatrick Case and friends are going to do their thing and fire the ball and bring a tear to Rex Grossmans eye, but wonder how much Jay will try to reel that in, if at all. With a strong D, a coach and QB do not need to live in fear of an INT, as Kirk and Alex did in their time here.  Jay spent an awful long time trying to get Kirk to take risks, which he amazingly wouldn't even do in practice.  That's a tell right there.

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Nice, thanks for sharing. All I remember about him is lighting it up in Minny and knowing Kirk would be hard pressed to top Case's strong 2017 season. 

That 15 INTs last year is a tell after all.  Fitzpatrick Case and friends are going to do their thing and fire the ball and bring a tear to Rex Grossmans eye, but wonder how much Jay will try to reel that in, if at all. With a strong D, a coach and QB do not need to live in fear of an INT, as Kirk and Alex did in their time here.  Jay spent an awful long time trying to get Kirk to take risks, which he amazingly wouldn't even do in practice.  That's a tell right there.

I just watched every Broncos game last season. Keenum wasn't perfect but he also threw some damn good balls. As much good luck he had with the Vikings he had bad with the Broncos. There were a whole bunch of drive killing penalties. Denver was among the leaders in holding calls. There were also many many missed blocks too. Denver's running game was hot and cold too. Denver should have made the playoffs. I think they made Keenum the scapegoat. And as bad as it got, Denver was in every game till the end just about every time they played. Keenum knows where to go with the ball and knows how to check out of plays.

1 hour ago, Cougarrick said:

I just watched every Broncos game last season. Keenum wasn't perfect but he also threw some damn good balls. As much good luck he had with the Vikings he had bad with the Broncos. There were a whole bunch of drive killing penalties. Denver was among the leaders in holding calls. There were also many many missed blocks too. Denver's running game was hot and cold too. Denver should have made the playoffs. I think they made Keenum the scapegoat. And as bad as it got, Denver was in every game till the end just about every time they played. Keenum knows where to go with the ball and knows how to check out of plays.

Denver was 6-10 last year and was 5-11 the year before with Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler and a brand new coach.  So Case helped them improve one game? 

Lets face it Case is who he is. He’s reliable, has some mobility, and you can win with him if all parts of the offense is solid. He is not gonna win you games but hopefully DH is that guy. If Haskins can get the offense understood then put him in there and see what happens. Enough with the kid gloves and destroying a young qbs mentality. 

By the way, I believe the QB has influence on how the offensive line plays especially when it comes to false starts and holding calls. 

6 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

ES after dark.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

Denver was 6-10 last year and was 5-11 the year before with Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler and a brand new coach.  So Case helped them improve one game? 

Make that same comparison in Minny & we’ve upgraded over Kirk significantly.

5 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Enough with the kid gloves and destroying a young qbs mentality. 

Its not just his mentality, 2 QBs left the field last season on a stretcher. 

There are other things to consider. 

The more we can slow down the process for DH, the more time he has to recover & the more time he has to prepare. People on the ES aren’t familiar enough with what life as an nfl qb is actually like. Pressures around the team force the issue too often, there is no reason not to sit DH the week after his first start and see what he’s processing & feeling before he’s rushed into more media & preparation. 

7 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Lets face it Case is who he is. He’s reliable, has some mobility, and you can win with him if all parts of the offense is solid. He is not gonna win you games but hopefully DH is that guy. If Haskins can get the offense understood then put him in there and see what happens. Enough with the kid gloves and destroying a young qbs mentality. 

By the way, I believe the QB has influence on how the offensive line plays especially when it comes to false starts and holding calls. 

Case will win you some games, but also lose some. He’s not a conservative type QB, in my opinion. I can envision Jay and Case connecting a lot, so hopefully Jay will have a good feel on how to get the best out of him. 

21 minutes ago, volsmet said:

The more we can slow down the process for DH, the more time he has to recover & the more time he has to prepare. People on the ES aren’t familiar enough with what life as an nfl qb is actually like. Pressures around the team force the issue too often, there is no reason not to sit DH the week after his first start and see what he’s processing & feeling before he’s rushed into more media & preparation. 

You’re arguing an idea that’s never been done and arguing it’s merits.

I can appreciate introducing new ideas, but I’m sure you can understand how your argument can only go so far, once again, due to having no history of it being done on any level. 

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You keep confusing baseball fans with that abbreviation.

First natural mental response is, "in what way are we gonna use a Designated Hitter on this team ???"

Mancini > Colt

22 minutes ago, wit33 said:

You’re arguing an idea that’s never been done and arguing it’s merits.

I can appreciate introducing new ideas, but I’m sure you can understand how your argument can only go so far, once again, due to having no history of it being done on any level. 

It’s a forum, as enjoyable as group think is, this seems a fine place to discuss our own thoughts rather than what we have been told we should think. The football world is hardly innovative. 

If we wait for others to have the ideas before we discuss them, what is the point of having a thought? Too many drones, too much Jonestowning, too many puppets spouting things they haven’t actually put a second of thought into. 

It’s odd to me that anyone here would rather have everyone repeating the exact same thoughts they got from some beat reporters twitter. I’m familiar with the game, I’m familiar with the position, I’m familiar with the struggles and what they look like. 

Archived