Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

15 minutes ago, megared said:

Meanwhile,  the guy responsible for his protection scheme last year,  is now fielding the #1 rushing offense in CLE.  There's been too many changes to this team to put everything on one guy.   Especially after what we just watched.   

Seems more like you want all this be about one guy vs. anyone actually saying it's about one guy.

I don't see anyone thinking this team is awesome in any capacity whatsoever.  I don't see anyone saying this team is poised to do any damage, no matter who is at QB, whatsoever.

What I do see is folks saying that Dwayne hasn't played well, no matter the circumstances.  There wasn't even a big rallying cry from the fanbase to bench Dwayne.  I think most people were fine with letting Dwayne play as we didn't expect this team to go anywhere anyways.  We just don't share the woe is Dwayne, it's racist and everyone is lying about him, narrative that you've subscribed to.

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Keep ignoring that this is an issue in this league. You can't be a mediocre Black starting QB in this league. You've either got to be on Deshaun Watson's level of greatness or you're getting replaced. 

Jason Campbell says what?

27 minutes ago, megared said:

Meanwhile,  the guy responsible for his protection scheme last year,  is now fielding the #1 rushing offense in CLE.  There's been too many changes to this team to put everything on one guy.   Especially after what we just watched.   

CLE have invested heavily in OL, both in the draft and via FA.

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn't say you talked about the leaks before the benching.  What I said was from what i recall you opposed the benching before the leaks happened.   Unless I am misrecalling.  So what i was asking is there any version of Haskins being benched you'd support?

If Ron had come out and initially said what Turner later said that day, I wouldn't have liked it but it would have been more understandable. Everything Ron has said since Wednesday has been OK, but now we have to deal with the leaks. So on one side we hear "has to continue to learn and grow", "By no means have I given up on him. I'm doing what I did because of circumstances that we're in." and those are ok to get behind. Then we hear the rumors about his work ethic and his immaturity and so much other stuff and that's what I hate to hear. Not because of it being true / false, but because where does it come from. One person I bet its not coming from is Haskins, so its indicative of a culture here that hasn't changed. And when it is paired with what Haskins said last Wed, its like he's trying to just crush this guy more and more. 

50 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Pretty sure nobody claimed it was "the highlight". Not even the person who tweeted it.

I was exaggerating for comedic effect... But, after further thought, it may very well be the highlight. 

But the person who tweeted it is staying up at night about that play??!?

13 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

One person I bet its not coming from is Haskins, so its indicative of a culture here that hasn't changed. And when it is paired with what Haskins said last Wed, its like he's trying to just crush this guy more and more. 

How many articles/tweets do people have to post about other quarterbacks for you to acknowledge that these types of 'leaks' happen everywhere?  On the list of things that need to improve the culture in Washington, I'd think this is at the very bottom of the list.  I don't care who the head coach is, players talk anonymously and off the record all the time.  It makes literally zero sense for Ron to be out there whispering bad things about Dwayne to the press.

22 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

CLE have invested heavily in OL, both in the draft and via FA.

It's a smart strategy.  The Bills did the same thing last year, which made Wyatt Teller surplus and the Browns only traded a 5th and a 6th to get him.  It's working out for both teams.   

In terms of trading Haskins I think it all depends on what you can get for him.  If you can get a second rounder then by all means trade him.  But if we cannot get a third rounder at minimum, I would prefer to give him another shot rather than get a 4th or 5th rounder for him.   I see the talent there unlike some posters.   However I realize that its probably more usual than not for talent to not be realized.

It's really interesting to see the amount of people that are defending Haskins. 

Guy called in sick the day of the game because he was upset with being benched. 

Not a leader. 

What has he shown that gives him this undying loyalty from a good chunk of this fanbase?

I don't understand it...is it because he was a first round pick?

It's not complicated. You have to be leader of the organization, and you must have an exceptional work ethic to be a QB in this league. 

One of worst starting QBs this team has had, and there have been some truly pitiful performances over the years. 

8 minutes ago, philibusters said:

In terms of trading Haskins I think it all depends on what you can get for him.  If you can get a second rounder then by all means trade him.  But if we cannot get a third rounder at minimum, I would prefer to give him another shot rather than get a 4th or 5th rounder for him.   I see the talent there unlike some posters.   However I realize that its probably more usual than not for talent to not be realized.

They should get whatever they can for him. And this coming from one of his biggest well-wishers around here. The situation is no longer salvageable.

Ron done messed up!!

3 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

It's really interesting to see the amount of people that are defending Haskins. 

Guy called in sick the day of the game because he was upset with being benched. 

Not a leader. 

What has he shown that gives him this undying loyalty from a good chunk of this fanbase?

I don't understand it...is it because he was a first round pick?

It's not complicated. You have to be leader of the organization, and you must have an exceptional work ethic to be a QB in this league. 

One of worst starting QBs this team has had, and there have been some truly pitiful performances over the years. 

Yep, very disappointing that he took a sick day when Alex got into a game after all of his hard work. Dwayne should've been there celebrating that moment. Dwayne has some physical skills but if his personality and other intangibles are too detrimental to overcome then cut bait. 

9 minutes ago, philibusters said:

A 2nd or 3rd rounder?? No way 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

A 2nd or 3rd rounder?? No way 

Yeah, no chance on that.  If we're to believe several reports stemming from the 2019 draft, Dwayne was slipping to at least the 2nd had Washington not selected him in the 1st.  Now there is tape out on him and it only further solidifies that he was overdrafted.  Not a chance in the world we see any higher than a 5th if we're lucky.

I see Pittsburgh, LAR, Tampa, Tennessee, Minnesota, Detroit, Dallas and maybe Indy as destinations

4 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

The question is, do teams want to pay nearly $4million for a guy who is project to sit on the bench?

We eat his signing bonus :(

His base salaries are $1.15M, $1.8M and $2.5M, which is are below average for a backup QB. It's one reason why Miami gave up a 2nd for Rosen - because he was a cheap bet

8 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

Given the fine job Ron has done ripping his value, it’s hard to envision anything better than a 6th round pick

I've read articles from league insiders who still say his value should be around a 2nd, as a first round QB, on that rookie deal, with the pedigree of his college success still leading teams to think he has potential and wasn't given a fair shot. You're right though about our organization as a whole seemingly tanking his value out of spite. Because we think so little of him, we will likely get fleeced, per usual. 

10 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

The question is, do teams want to pay nearly $4million for a guy who is project to sit on the bench?

I don't think the tone about Haskins around the league is as grim as ours from what I'm reading. His small rookie deal is actually something that gives him more value. Inside the world of this organization, he is already "trash," but the articles I've been reading seem to say that some league execs are thinking this was more about "same old Washington." Obviously every team isn't a fan, but I am also reading analysts begging their teams to take advantage of our incompetence / overreaction.

1 hour ago, Bonez3 said:

Damn, if that's the highlight of DH's career as a member of the Football Team, think of how lucky we are to have had RG3

Is not the highlight - that was probably that whole first half against the Giants at the end of last year. That and the Eagles game that preceded it were what I hoped he could build on coming into this year. But it's not happened.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/dwayne-haskins-trade-worth/

Given the fact that he’s only 23-years-old and a former first-round pick one may assume that he could fetch something respectable on the trade market, but according to former Washington tight end Chris Cooley that won’t be the case at all.

Cooley, who think it’s a bad sign that Haskins couldn’t find success under two different coaching staffs, doesn’t even believe he is worth a conditional third-round pick on the market right now.

“You’re not getting a second. I doubt you’re getting a third,” Cooley said on the Kevin Sheehan Show on Monday. “I doubt you’re getting a conditional third. I think you start to entertain what comes up in the fourth.”

“No one is going to endorse him.”

Archived