Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I also don't think teams want to spend a roster spot on a guy who won't be ready to play until next year. No way you just bring in a new QB and expect him to excel in a new system. Only Washington fans apparently expect that.

No...what we expect is a guy that makes the effort to get better.  A player who puts the team above himself.  If Haskins was busting his ass outside of game day, setting the example, and doing all he could to be a leader I seriously doubt he gets benched.  His biggest problem is that he appears to point the finger at everyone but himself.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Was the supporting cast KOC was given in his final few weeks here much better?

Not really, but he had the advantage of calling plays in a system/language the team had been immersed in for five entire years. He was a new face calling the plays but it was still Gruden’s architecture he was operating within. 

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

This thread, man. 

Sad state of affairs, even by ES standards. 

Yeah, one of the main reasons I've said multiple times that Synder needs to move the team.  Fan-base is way too toxic currently.  He should try to move the team south and let the DC fan-base become Ravens fans.  I think the team and fan-base would be better off that way.  No way any DC-centric people will ever accept Dan or anything he does and threads like this prove the fan-base won't accept whatever the team is doing no matter what changes they've made so move the frickin' team!

4 minutes ago, owa said:

Yeah, one of the main reasons I've said multiple times that Synder needs to move the team.  Fan-base is way too toxic currently.  He should try to move the team south and let the DC fan-base become Ravens fans.  I think the team and fan-base would be better off that way.  No way any DC-centric people will ever accept Dan or anything he does and threads like this prove the fan-base won't accept whatever the team is doing no matter what changes they've made so move the frickin' team!

This is a hilarious take. As if Snyder not only deserves a “better” fanbase but is actually capable of building one from scratch without the three Lombardi legacy of Washington making it hard for people to let go!  (Plus the idea that simply moving the team a few hundred miles geographically buys you a fresh start in 2020, but the rest is way funnier) 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Russell just now.  He said talking to a source he trusts with the organization.

A.  He hasn't corrected mistakes that they have pressed him to correct

B.  They don't believe he is putting in the proper time to correct said mistakes and is being out worked by the other Qbs on the roster

C.  the agent comment really bothered them

D.  He doesn't think they are actively shopping him yet but heard Haskins agent is poking around on it.

If this is true (and I have my doubts based on what I've said earlier and Russell seems to go all in on one source or one lead and that always sends shaky) then I wonder what they're asking him to improve

Is it more shots deep like against Cleveland? Is it less interceptions like against Baltimore? Is it those in game quizzes? Is it being more mobile like this off-season? 

It's easy to say "he's not studying" but its more of a believable story (from my end, the way this relationship completely broke down) if it's something like RG3 of 2013 not wanting to be a running QB any more. I know that Haskins had always said he is a pocket passer, and i wonder if that's something that they don't like. We know Allen can run, and Alex used to be able to run, and at lest showed an ability to run. 

I don't know, just a thought after my run. 

37 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

No...what we expect is a guy that makes the effort to get better.  A player who puts the team above himself.  If Haskins was busting his ass outside of game day, setting the example, and doing all he could to be a leader I seriously doubt he gets benched.  His biggest problem is that he appears to point the finger at everyone but himself.

I mean, I don't know how you go to that point but ok. 

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

At what point is it okay to look at the 2020 Panthers and wonder if Rivera/Turner were the problem?  They're currently 3-2 and look much better than they did last year, even without McCaffery.

I think they currently have a good coaching staff. I also think Bridgewater is giving them much more than they were getting from physically-limited gimpy Cam or Kyle Allen, which helps, and of course they brought in some talent. Sometimes a team and coach just need a fresh start, like when Reid and Philly just had too much history even though he’s a really good coach. The small things and the normal failures build up and a divorce is better for everyone. I guess it remains to be seen if this is one of those situations and while it’s a fair question to ask, it’s also a lot of projection over literally a two-game difference right now. 

17 minutes ago, owa said:

Next time on things that have zero chance of happening

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think they currently have a good coaching staff. I also think Bridgewater is giving them much more than they were getting from physically-limited gimpy Cam or Kyle Allen, which helps. Sometimes a team and coach just need a fresh start, like when Reid and Philly just had too much history even though he’s a really good coach. The small things and the normal failures build up and a divorce is better for everyone. I guess it remains to be seen if this is one of those situations and while it’s a fair question to ask, it’s also a lot of projection over literally a two-game difference right now. 

It's more than just the two win difference that should raise your eyebrow.  If you watch the games, you will see that one team looks like they belong in this league, while the other looks like they belong in the CFL.

I think it's an interesting comparison, because, despite the revisionist history I'm sure some will try to attempt, the Panthers were projected to have a top 3-5 2021 draft pick in the majority of early mock drafts this offseason.  However, their staff seems to be good enough to outperform expectations.  Ours, not so much... though at least we can comfort ourselves that we're only 5 weeks into the season, I guess.

11 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

If this is true (and I have my doubts based on what I've said earlier and Russell seems to go all in on one source or one lead and that always sends shaky) then I wonder what they're asking him to improve

Is it more shots deep like against Cleveland? Is it less interceptions like against Baltimore? Is it those in game quizzes? Is it being more mobile like this off-season? 

It's easy to say "he's not studying" but its more of a believable story (from my end, the way this relationship completely broke down) if it's something like RG3 of 2013 not wanting to be a running QB any more. I know that Haskins had always said he is a pocket passer, and i wonder if that's something that they don't like. We know Allen can run, and Alex used to be able to run, and at lest showed an ability to run. 

I don't know, just a thought after my run. 

It’s probably his lack of ability to read a defense and make plays downfield. He only completed what, something like 28% of his passes over 10 yards. He didn’t even try to throw downfield in the Ravens game until the last minutes.

Haskins looked like exactly what he is, inexperienced. He came out too early and Dan took him way too high. The lazy thing is something wouldn’t put any faith in till someone who knows actually says it. IMO Dan most likely snagged Dwayne because he thought it would be a path to lure Meyer here but it didn’t work. We don’t have a franchise QB on the roster imo and with this Oline we’d just break him if we did.  In other news ...Norman just got absolutely trucked by Henry lol.

35 minutes ago, owa said:

Please. Dan has made this fan base toxic.  He hasn't done any rebuild yet, keeps slapping new paint on this **** foundation and also picking his friends to do the paint job and not hiring any pros to rebuild the house 

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

Please. Dan has made this fan base toxic.  He hasn't done any rebuild yet, keeps slapping new paint on this **** foundation and also picking his friends to do the paint job and not hiring any pros to rebuild the house 

Hard to disagree. 

We still don't have a GM or clear FO structure. 

No offense to Ron, but we'd be better off if we'd signed Rick Smith and had him pick the new coach.  

7 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Teams always think that. I'll ask again, how many first round busts go to great success on a new team?  

The closest I can think of is Brett Favre.  He was picked at #33 in the draft.  In a ringing endorsement, their coach, Jerry Glanville, said that the only way that Favre would get game time is if the team plane crashed. However, Favre threw his first NFL pass against the Skins, which was a pick 6.  He threw 3 more passes as a Falcon, with another INT and two incompltions.  The Falcons then traded him to the Packers for a 1st round pick.  Impressive that the Falcons were able to get a first... Also impressive that the Packers got a guy who would win 3 consecutive MVP awards.

28 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Read the Broncos might be interested in Haskins. Apparently they were talking with him quite a bit during the draft process.

I don't see that happening.  Lock showed promise down the stretch last year, so why bring in a qb the same age that was drafted ahead of him.  Seems like it's just inviting a qb controversy.  Although we all know Lock would have nothing to worry about.

30 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Hard to disagree. 

We still don't have a GM or clear FO structure. 

No offense to Ron, but we'd be better off if we'd signed Rick Smith and had him pick the new coach.  

I have no faith in Ron the GM.  He hasn't proved he can do that.  I can claim that Newton masked a ton of issues in Carolina. 

Archived