Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, you did just have a poster who doesn't know Haskins at all say he has a low IQ and called him an idiot.  If that doesn't ring some bells on a racial level, I don't know what to tell you.

Oh, I didn’t know that one person summed up an entire fan base. 

I’m going to let this conversation sail off into the distance, but it is absolutely bull**** when applying to an entire fan base.

Just now, KDawg said:

Oh, I didn’t know that one person summed up an entire fan base. 

I’m going to let this conversation sail off into the distance, but it is absolutely bull**** when applying to an entire fan base.

I don't agree with that either.  Just thought it was ironic that you were complaining about calls of racism when a few posts above you, someone appeared to go there.

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, you did just have a poster who doesn't know Haskins at all say he has a low IQ and called him an idiot.  If that doesn't ring some bells on a racial level, I don't know what to tell you.

Can't remember who it was, but a well-known ES member called Malcomb (lol) Kelly a "thug" when he didn't attend voluntary workouts his rookie season. Turned out Kelly was doing charity work in Africa and had an excused absence.

My point? I have a good memory lol...but seriously, the point was that it's easy to jump to stereotypes when there isn't enough info, especially on the interwebs which gives a false sense of importance to our opinions. I personally try to avoid doing it as I'm comfortable telling myself I don't know nearly enough to make declarative statements.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

He reversed that thinking rather quickly once it was obvious the division sucked, which imo is a piss-poor reason for abandoning your plan.

Also...what was b)? lol...

Agreed but folks with the Ron rose colored glasses don’t see the waffling in his decision making and the overall lack luster team management as a problem. He has total control and this is all on him. 

We are rebuilding. No wait I mean we can win the division. I wanted us to be 2-2 yet I don’t use my timeouts to extend games and try to win. I want to protect my players yet I leave A rusty Alex Smith to the wolves whilst my starting, mobile QB is cleared to play. It egregious.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Can't remember who it was, but a well-known ES member called Malcomb (lol) a "thug" when he didn't attend voluntary workouts his rookie season. Turned out Kelly was doing charity work in Africa and had an excused absence.

Are you sure? I thought he went there to buy an exercise bike.

5 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Agreed but folks with the Ron rose colored glasses don’t see the waffling in his decision making and the overall lack luster team management as a problem. He has total control and this is all on him. 

We are rebuilding. No wait I mean we can win the division. I wanted us to be 2-2 yet I don’t use my timeouts to extend games and try to win. I want to protect my players yet I leave A rusty Alex Smith to the wolves whilst my starting, mobile QB is cleared to play. It egregious.

I do believe some of Rivera's comments were not smart ones to make...and he keeps making them lol. His decision making may still be good, though, but his explanations need a helluva lot of work. He should just Belichick the **** out of his answers from now on ("Yes"..."No"..."Maybe").

27 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

But the other thing is that many Black QBs don't get a second chance. You don't see the Chase Daniel type who can be on 5 teams not take a snap but be paid 5 million a year. Most of the Black QBs are there because they got drafted, got benched or signed a cheap deal to compete and won out. 

That's why i like that Haskins is so close to Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Kyler Murray, Deshaun Watson, etc. Because hopefully they can help him through the way this crappy franchise has treated him. 

But this is going to get political if I reply. Just know, this **** ain't easy. We see what's happening. We hear the BS explanations, and can only shake our heads. And i know I'm talking pretty much to only those who already agree with me because others are dicing this up looking for a smart reply.

But it is what it is.

Using a race argument to put your argument on some artificial high horse is both wild and ridiculous.  

Yall are also playing this game like 6-10 cant win this division and we wont be playing the cowboys twice, the giants twice and the eagles one more time. We can be rebuilding, still try and win, and Haskins not be the guy. 

All of that is not only possible but is reasonable. If you have a coach that looks up at week 4 and the entire division is 1-3 and he doesnt think he can win it, then he shouldnt be the coach lol

Yall are playing with real funny money right now. Its dumb to act like you know exactly whats happening and other people are blind when no one on this board legitimately knows anything. For all we know, Ron was begged by Snyder to give Haskins a legit shot. And he gave him one by not picking up a vet that would immediately start over him, and saw the kid didnt have what he wanted and went with Allen cause he could see the division sucked. And it would be totally on brand. 

Point is none of you know wtf you are talking about except for me stop arguing and LOVE EACH OTHER 

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

You never know.

One thing for sure is that the Chargers doctor is now up for a raise instead of a firing.

We will see how it goes, but I think there will be some regression to the mean as the season progresses. For all I know, New Orleans may end up winning this game.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

stop arguing and LOVE EACH OTHER 

Shut up, stoopid :ols:

I am checking out of this conversation--it's getting to the point of circular logic, name calling, and ridiculous hyperbole. Fair or not, however you feel, fine, whatever. His career here is done. Time to move on.

11 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

He is being crowned too early.  Wait until his season goes the way of Kyle Allen circa 2019.

Not just about Herbert. Chargers are down 3 OL starters, starting RB and starting a rookie QB. Yet they are competitive in every game and you can argue could have won more games. But on here those are used as excuses for how the team and the QB perform. 

2 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

Not just about Herbert. Chargers are down 3 OL starters, starting RB and starting a rookie QB. Yet they are competitive in every game and you can argue could have won more games. But on here those are used as excuses for how the team and the QB perform. 

Honestly, he hasn't played many games.  A lot of rookie QB's start out hot.  Defenses will figure out his strengths and weaknesses VERY soon.

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

Honestly, he hasn't played many games.  A lot of rookie QB's start out hot.  Defenses will figure out his strengths and weaknesses VERY soon.

We will see but would you rather the rookie start out hot and show promise or start out like a lot of busts that never put it together? 

11 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

We will see but would you rather the rookie start out hot and show promise or start out like a lot of busts that never put it together? 

Doesn't matter how they start.  What matters is the sample size. Maybe Herbert has a chart that resembles a bear market.

Growth is something that cannot be figured out in 4 games.  You need a bigger sample size.  

If Haskins looks the same after playing 16 games in the same system, you draft another QB.  There needs to be a system to judge a QB.

Edit:  Come to think of it, 16 games isn't enough. I think 32 would be better.  So 2 years.

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yall are also playing this game like 6-10 cant win this division and we wont be playing the cowboys twice, the giants twice and the eagles one more time. We can be rebuilding, still try and win, and Haskins not be the guy. 

All of that is not only possible but is reasonable. If you have a coach that looks up at week 4 and the entire division is 1-3 and he doesnt think he can win it, then he shouldnt be the coach lol

Yall are playing with real funny money right now. Its dumb to act like you know exactly whats happening and other people are blind when no one on this board legitimately knows anything. For all we know, Ron was begged by Snyder to give Haskins a legit shot. And he gave him one by not picking up a vet that would immediately start over him, and saw the kid didnt have what he wanted and went with Allen cause he could see the division sucked. And it would be totally on brand. 

Point is none of you know wtf you are talking about except for me stop arguing and LOVE EACH OTHER 

Nobody has confidence that our offense can hang with any of those other offenses, and our defense just gave up 30 or more points in 4 straight games.

And if the scenario you just spelled out actually happened, then this whole shebang with Rivera is doomed to fail no matter what.

6 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Are any of those options any good. Haskins is the tallest midget?

"Will the tallest midget please stand up?..."

"He is standing, sir..."

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Nobody has confidence that our offense can hang with any of those other offenses, and our defense just gave up 30 or more points in 4 straight games.

And if the scenario you just spelled out actually happened, then this whole shebang with Rivera is doomed to fail no matter what.

It’s worse. We look like a JV team out there being managed by Wringley Bro’s Barnum and Bailey. The team has regressed since last year which is hard to fathom coming from Gruden, Manusky, and the ole online coach.

Archived