Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

So why aren't you advocating for him to be traded so he can prove everyone wrong once and for all?

I think he should be traded since he's not going to get a real chance here.  We've already damaged the kid's career enough.  I think running him out of town was the product of incompetence on the part of our coaches.  The whole process was so disingenuous and ugly that it's made Rivera look terrible.  This franchise is incapable of developing a young QB prospect, and continuing the attempt to do so is only going to get everyone fired in two years.

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think he should be traded since he's not going to get a real chance here.  We've already damaged the kid's career enough.  I think running him out of town was the product of incompetence on the part of our coaches.  The whole process was so disingenuous and ugly that it's made Rivera look terrible.  This franchise is incapable of developing a young QB prospect, and continuing the attempt to do so is only going to get everyone fired in two years.

Steve, I really respect your opinion (you know a heck of a lot more about football than I do). EDIT:   I'm am just a novice.  I think that "was" the plan for Haskins.  He was going to be #3 all year last year.  He only got into the Giants game b/c Colt was hurt and he was the backup that game (when Case got hurt).  Ditto the Minny game.  Once Jay got fired, they decided to play him when the season was lost and he did show some signs.  My issue was prep.  I mean AP was on the record as saying the dude needed to learn the playbook.  Doug was on the record as saying the dude needed to show more work ethic.  That's not something you need to "coach up".  But maybe I'm completely off base.

EDIT:  Also, the Lombardi story.  That just doesn't look good for a potential draftee.

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Why do people keep accepting this lame justification as if it's not completely absurd?  He saw enough to abandon his quarterback after four ****ing games???

He's played this situation as stupidly as he possibly could, and it's the stupidest possible justification for it.  And apparently Redskins-land is just as stupid as Rivera thinks we are for accepting this nonsense at face value.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Why do people keep accepting this lame justification as if it's not completely absurd?  He saw enough to abandon his quarterback after four ****ing games???

He's played this situation as stupidly as he possibly could, and it's the stupidest possible justification for it.  And apparently Redskins-land is just as stupid as Rivera thinks we are for accepting this nonsense at face value.

He didnt say four games he said 11 weeks. That means there was obviously more than just his play that was evaluated. Its very possible the guy has issues that dont show up on the field and he gave him 11 weeks to improve those

You are acting like its flat out impossible the kid earned this.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

On the flip side, is there some reason we should assume Rivera is lying?

It's not like he has a history of stuff like that. He's always been a pretty straight shooter. 

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Steve, I really respect your opinion (you know a heck of a lot more about football than I do).  I'm not a novice.  I think that "was" the plan for Haskins.  He was going to be #3 all year last year.  He only got into the Giants game b/c Colt was hurt and he was the backup that game (when Case got hurt).  Ditto the Minny game.  Once Jay got fired, they decided to play him when the season was lost and he did show some signs.  My issue was prep.  I mean AP was on the record as saying the dude needed to learn the playbook.  Doug was on the record as saying the dude needed to show more work ethic.  That's not something you need to "coach up".  But maybe I'm completely off base.

Who the **** knows.  His teammates were also the ones who made him a captain and cited the work he put in during the offseason and trainning camp as the reason why.  That's not innuendo.

What I do know is that Kyle Allen needs to come in and kill it to quiet down my concerns about the competency of this coaching staff.  Because right now it looks like they have zero clue about what to do at QB.  Right now it looks like they're not even pretending to compete this season.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He makes the point that it's been 11 weeks. Seems to me he's trying to let you know that it wasn't just because 4 games. 

Dwayne Haskins sacrificed for NFL Nepotism of Scott Turner, Norv’s Son

https://deadspin.com/dwayne-haskins-sacrificed-for-nfl-nepotism-of-scott-tur-1845339489?fbclid=IwAR3MbOIH2E78q1XvR4zzVodOvlfkWmHJbbScKc8xa1HSdmJgDdYbEcLzBsA

Upon Scott’s hire back in January, before COVID-19 eliminated the preseason, Scott Turner said Haskins has to know the offense even if it’s new. “[Haskins] has to know it like a coach and present that confidence on the field,” Turner said. “That takes work to get that. Guys see when it’s there and when it’s not.”

Turner essentially wants Haskins to “know it like a coach,” when he himself does not “know it like a coordinator.”.....

....“Haskins got a raw deal,” says CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, citing Haskins’ biggest problem is a lack of coaching advocates, unlike his replacement, Kyle Allen, whose primary credential is that he is “a benefactor (bingo!) in new offensive coordinator Scott Turner,” and “is being kicked to the curb for: The Allen/Turner project.”....

....Allen wasn’t drafted at all. However, Scott Turner convinced the Panthers to bring him in.

“Scott went out on a limb and found me and told the people here to bring me here. I’m thankful for that,” Allen said last year. “He was the one who said, ‘Hey, this guy on the board right here, he might have something.’ Scott is always going to be my guy.”....

....Yes, Scott Turner really is Kyle’s guy. So much so, that Washington sent a 5th-round pick to get him from the Panthers.

And this is how the Nepotism Football League rabbit hole works. An unqualified rookie coordinator vouches for an undrafted QB, and needs that QB because he knows his system.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

He didnt say four games he said 11 weeks. That means there was obviously more than just his play that was evaluated. Its very possible the guy has issues that dont show up on the field and he gave him 11 weeks to improve those

You are acting like its flat out impossible the kid earned this.

He played four games.  It's an absurd timeframe in which to evaluate a player, there is no getting cute and weaseling out of that common sense truth.

Rivera has contradicted himself so many times and just outright lied about this whole process that I'm not interested in any more of his explanations for his decision making.  He just needs to win some games now.  His chosen QBs need to get way better and the team needs to win some games.  What he put on the field yesterday was pathetic.

27 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If being bench for being lazy and ineffective is enough to damage his career then he was never in NFL quarterback in the first place.  When he flames out in his next stop, which if you look at history is almost a foregone conclusion unless you can find numerous examples of first round bus actually turning into franchise quarterback elsewhere, you once again blame everybody but the player.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He played four games.  It's an absurd timeframe in which to evaluate a player, there is no getting cute and weaseling out of that common sense truth.

Rivera has contradicted himself so many times and just outright lied about this whole process that I'm not interested in any more of his explanations for his decision making.  He just needs to win some games now.  His chosen QBs need to get way better and the team needs to win some games.  What he put on the field yesterday was pathetic.

I don't believe anybody has responded to my comment so I'll give you a chance. Paxton Lynch was benched after only four starts and Denver fans were not crying nearly as badly as his fans are. Explain that one please.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm wondering if the Cancer is making it's case to be his only priority. He's probably around less than he should be. JDR needs to seriously focus on his defense and seemingly isn't. Now it seems like Turner just went ahead and pushed Allen up the DC in front of Haskins.

Cancer is no joke. If the HC can't stand during a game on the sidelines, he's not himself.  RR is not incompetent. Something is wrong.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You aren’t being honest. You know there is more than just game tape that goes into evaluating a player you want to lead your team. I know you know that; the fact that you are ignoring it proves you are not arguing in good faith. 

Im not even arguing that Ron has been perfect. I question the entire process right now. But you are not even trying to come to a mutual understanding. It’s exactly the way you think it is and that’s it. And that’s a very ignorant position in any argument that’s not flat out science based. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm wondering if the Cancer is making it's case to be his only priority. He's probably around less than he should be. JDR needs to seriously focus on his defense and seemingly isn't. Now it seems like Turner just went ahead and pushed Allen up the DC in front of Haskins.

Cancer is no joke. If the HC can't stand during a game on the sidelines, he's not himself.  RR is not incompetent. Something is wrong.

If you're right, then he should have already taken a leave of absence.  This is why he needs a boss.  He's dropping the ball and there needs to be someone good in charge who can handle this rebuild.  Someone who made a plan and can force everyone to stick to it and force Rivera to take a leave of absence if it's clear he needs it.

This season has been a disaster and I can already feel the year ending with all kinds of wasted talent headed out of the door and way too little to build upon.  **** man, Ron's crazy ass coaching almost got Alex Smith hurt again on Sunday.  He does not have it right now.  He is a bad coach right now and the team looks desperately bad.

This thread shows one thing stays the same, no matter who the coach is, who the QB is, who anyone is: people are going to believe what they want to believe and discount any evidence to the contrary, so matter how factual, continuous, or obvious, dig their heels in and scream.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If you're right, then he should have already taken a leave of absence.  This is why he needs a boss.  He's dropping the ball and there needs to be someone good in charge who can handle this rebuild.  Someone who made a plan and can force everyone to stick to it and force Rivera to take a leave of absence if it's clear he needs it.

This season has been a disaster and I can already feel the year ending with all kinds of wasted talent headed out of the door and way too little to build upon.  **** man, Ron's crazy ass coaching almost got Alex Smith hurt again on Sunday.  He does not have it right now.  He is a bad coach right now and the team looks desperately bad.

and that's the Cancer IMO. That **** is brutal. I am totally the guy who will crawl into work if I'm in too much pain to walk, so I get it. It's worst case scenario for us really.

Ron did not become an incompetent coach when he signed here or when the first kick off happened. He is sick. 

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

Wow, we are stooping to blaming his cancer for benching Haskins now. New lows. 

Not the 1st time. I do enjoy though how people dismiss multiple reports from credible sources over 2 years as "leaks" and "slander" but will wildly speculate on Rivera's recovery from cancer.

2 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Are you ****ing serious? You ever watch someone go through it? It's ****ing brutal. He can't stand for 3 hours. There is zero way it doesn't affect him.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

This will end well...

Damn!!!!!

We rebuild every few years.
  The point of the rebuild is to get to normalcy.  And create a winning franchise for several years.  Another new qb, means more time for him to develop and get up to speed.  But whatever, I guess they have to draft qb at this point.

Id almost rather get an above average vet qb, and build a dominant defense for now.  Draft some monster lb’s, middle and strong side, and go from there.

11 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Not just for benching Haskins.  But for many of the confusing decisions he's made both on and off the field, and his very strange press conferences.

Sheehan actually brought it up on his show today.  He thinks Rivera's cancer is affecting his decision-making.

I'm not sure one way or the other.  But I'm actually hoping that's the reason.  Otherwise... yikes.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not just for benching Haskins.  But for many of the confusing decisions he's made both on and off the field, and his very strange press conferences.

Sheehan actually brought it up on his show today.  He thinks Rivera's cancer is affecting his decision-making.

I'm not sure one way or the other.  But I'm actually hoping that's the reason.  Otherwise... yikes.

Just find it slimy to blame something as serious as cancer on football decisions that you disagree with. Like there's plenty of reasons to bench haskins that he can have without being accused of being unable to perform his job because his cancer. That's wild speculation.

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That's my point. It's definitely affecting him. If the assistant coaches are taking more control than they should be or just not having that leader like RR in charge of everything. It's going to make a huge difference. 

I'm not blaming Haskins benching on RR cancer or whatever BS that poster is trying to say.

Archived