Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Because the play is extended before the pass.  If you're running around avoiding the rush keeping the play alive before throwing it, you'll get credit as having more time to throw.  A pocket QB with a bad OL doesn't have that luxury so they're gonna get it out of their hand out of necessity.  A mobile QB might buy an extra second.  But unloading it can't automatically be read as they're making the OL look good.

I guess it depends on whether you think a high number or low number is good. I probably should have said "higher" rather than "better", since taking more time to throw it isn't automatically a good thing. 

Oh, I was talking about Pass Rush Win Rate, not Time to Throw.

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

LOL that some here feel that game was any form of vindication for Haskins. He never faced this sort of pressure, had he played the results would have been even worse if you can imagine that.

That's an absurd take.  Dwayne played behind the same horrible offensive line and the protection didn't completely collapse because he managed the pressure better and got the ball out way faster.  Dwayne got hit 9 times by Baltimore and gave up three sacks.  The protection was absolute **** but Dwayne bailed enough water to keep the offense functional.  Allen and Smith got hit 8 times by the Rams defense and gave up eight sacks.  The offensive line play has been god awful all season but it didn't completely break down until our coaches decided the QB was the problem and swapped in lesser QBs who didn't read their pressure as well as Dwayne had been doing.  The offense regressed in every single way yesterday and made our coaches look incompetent, and you guys are delusional if you think those guys played better than Dwayne has.

19 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Cool we can do the avi bet. Sounds like you are coming back to reality from your out of the league statement. What are the terms?

Oh I still believe he will be out of the league in a few years but I am convinced he will never be a top 10 QB or be the starter on a playoff team (not due to injury) within 5 years.   What are you thinking in terms of the terms?  

3 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Like this is ridiculous. I refuse to believe the Ravens generated faster pressure than this. 

I mean he is giving you all the unbiased metrics you need to disprove your point and change your mind, if you dont choose to believe any of them and instead rely on your opinion im not sure why yall keep littering the bored with it at this point. Its clearly not going anywhere if you cant agree on anything even close to objectivity using the only metrics we have. 

You trust your opinion over everything else. Great. can we stop now? 

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Oh I still believe he will be out of the league in a few years but I am convinced he will never be a top 10 QB or be the starter on a playoff team (not due to injury) within 5 years.   What are you thinking in terms of the terms?  

Starter on a playoff team is too many variables. Top 10 finish in any passing category within 5 years? Kind of a long bet but we'll be here. Lol

26 minutes ago, MartinC said:

We’ve not been big players in free agency for quite a while though. Collins was the last big money guy we brought in (not that he’s earning the money we spent). We did offer a big deal to Cooper as well.

But with the lack of talent we have on offense in particular we pretty much have to be big players next offseason. 

This will be an unusually stacked FA period. And one we need to absolutely Take full advantage of. We need to spend big imo on some  essential vet pieces..

Ron is a retread coach that should not have been given GM responsibility. Him going into this season with the roster he pulled together and believing that the results would be better than last year is all one needs to see. Then to be 4 games in and believe we have a chance to win the division with this roster is double confirmation. He had ample time to evaluate the roster and put better pieces in place. He failed. 

Retread defensive minded coaches will never lead you to the promised land. This is an offense oriented league and the guy doesn't know NFL offense. Picking Turner as his OC when the guy has NO experience as an OC is all one needs to see and the results speak volumes. Folks laugh and post funny gifs at the notion of us considering KOC as a head coach but guess what, in this offense oriented league he and Sean McVay just kicked our defensive coach's ass up and down the field yesterday. Oh and the fact that he wouldn't know a good offensive scheme if it hit him in the face was evident as well as we posted one of the worst offensive performances in NFL history.

They lay another egg in the Meadowlands this Sunday and the media will feast! Make no mistake about it. He has total control and it already looks out of control.

Small sample size but lol i guess Allen is PFF's best rated QB among our guys and by a good margin.  Alex joined Haskins in the abysmal 40s rated club.  Now can Allen keep it going? 😀. I am not an Allen guy but I don't think PFF is wildly off, he looked ok in his short stint, crisper than Haskins.  Does that last, you got me.  I'd bet we are fishing for QBs in the off season.  I'd also bet Allen ends up a career backup and ditto Dwayne Haskins somewhere else.  But will see. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.04.37 PM.png

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I don’t think the rebuild has been put off a year.

I think the evaluation period, in real games, has provided a stark insight that we are bad, really bad in fact. And that evaluation hasn’t taken long at all. As fans, we assumed that was coming so we now see this as a lost year. I wanted a better 2020 offseason. Strangely the FO put more faith in this group and here we are.

The rebuild hasn’t been put off a year, however it would appear the extent of the rebuild is greater than Ron and Co envisioned. That’s how it seems.

But all this is derailing the Haskins thread. Ron’s latest message seems to have an undercurrent of damage limitation to me. 

So is this conclusion anything Ron couldn't have discerned prior to this season?   Did he need to trot this team out in its current state to convince himself? 

Because now we need to wait until March 2021 to start addressing it.   So again,  why couldn't he have gone that route March 2020? 

And who is exactly is he benefiting by not doing so?   

Just now, IrepDC said:

Starter on a playoff team is too many variables. Top 10 finish in any passing category within 5 years? Kind of a long bet but we'll be here. Lol

Yeah it's tough to come up with a bet that will take years to determine.  Top 10 in ANY category is way to large of a net, Hell it could be pass attempts shorter than 5 yards.  No let's try to make this easy and fair.  How about top 10 in QBR over the next 5 seasons (not counting this lost one)?  

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I mean he is giving you all the unbiased metrics you need to disprove your point and change your mind, if you dont choose to believe any of them and instead rely on your opinion im not sure why yall keep littering the bored with it at this point. Its clearly not going anywhere if you cant agree on anything even close to objectivity using the only metrics we have. 

You trust your opinion over everything else. Great. can we stop now? 

Nah, it's not my opinion. Rams are ranked 2nd in sacks, 4th in yards allowed, 2nd in pass yards allowed, and have aaron donald. Those seem pretty objective to me. I'm wondering how the pass rush win rate is calculated and what that means for pressure on the qb. Because the colts and rams being ranked 14th and 18th or how the Packers are 29th doesn't make sense considering how good their defenses are.

20 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Well we are miles apart in what we want from a franchise if you think sticking with Trubisky was the right way. It only lost the entire offensive staff their jobs.

Look at the team the Bears have now though. While giving Mitch a chance, they built up their team. Their defense is solid and aggressive. Their offense has a good line, decent running game, and a few nice weapons. Their team is much more talented now than when they drafted Mitch so even with his failure, their team is playing better and winning right now.

What improvement have we made to our roster since drafting Haskins? We draft QBs, ask them to be our savior, give them weak talent and inconsistent coaching. You think this dysfunction that leads nowhere is better than the Bears building a team while giving Mitch a chance? Bringing another young QB in while their roster was weak would have been a waste, but that is exactly what I expect us to do.

In the end, neither team has "their" prospect, but only one organization actually has a respectable football team. 

2 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Nah, it's not my opinion. Rams are ranked 2nd in sacks, 4th in yards allowed, 2nd in pass yards allowed, and have aaron donald. Those seem pretty objective to me. I'm wondering how the pass rush win rate is calculated and what that means for pressure on the qb. Because the colts and rams being ranked 14th and 18th or how the Packers are 29th doesn't make sense considering how good their defenses are.

Let's talk about defense. Ron is a defensive oriented coach correct. So between him and Jack Del Rio they should be able to evaluate a defensive roster and put the right pieces in place to field a decent team correct? They should be able to implement a scheme that ins not Manuskyess correct. THEN WHY IN THE HELL DOES OUR DEFENSE LOOK WORSE THAN MANUSKY and CO through 5 weeks. Someone please respond without making excuses for Ron and Co.

I know this the Haskins thread but Ron can't even get what he does best right. How do you all expect him to manage both sides of the ball and get the QB situation right when he can't even get the defense right.

Just now, IrepDC said:

Look at the team the Bears have now though. While giving Mitch a chance, they built up their team. Their defense is solid and aggressive. Their offense has a good line, decent running game, and a few nice weapons. Their team is much more talented now than when they drafted Mitch so even with his failure, their team is playing better and winning right now.

What improvement have we made to our roster since drafting Haskins? We draft QBs, ask them to be our savior, give them weak talent and inconsistent coaching. You think this dysfunction that leads nowhere is better than the Bears building a team while giving Mitch a chance? Bringing another young QB in while their roster was weak would have been a waste, but that is exactly what I expect us to do.

In the end, neither team has "their" prospect, but only one organization actually has a respectable football team. 

Well Ron has only been here 9 months. That's going to obviously be his goal is to a build a team with a solid defense and pieces on offense. Just not around Haskins. Trubisky was a waste of time for the Bears from being controversially drafted until this year and every Bears fan knows it. Coaches lost their job over that decision. I don't think Ron wants to lose his job by hitching his wagon to a qb that is struggling with the basics. And that's what's sad about Haskins is he might never be as good as Trubisky. I at least want to hitch my wagon to a qb that has a trajectory better than Trubisky. It's such a big risk that Ron simply isn't going to take and neither would I. 

11 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah it's tough to come up with a bet that will take years to determine.  Top 10 in ANY category is way to large of a net, Hell it could be pass attempts shorter than 5 yards.  No let's try to make this easy and fair.  How about top 10 in QBR over the next 5 seasons (not counting this lost one)?  

Nah I don't like QBR honestly lol how about top 10 passing yards? 

All the people ****ing on Ron need to chill out.  I get it, your mad.  But if Haskins is as good as you think, then you should not be worried about him studying hard and being the starter again soon. We just played a top 5 team and a top 10 qb in a complete rain downpour.  I support Ron over the cluster **** we had with Gruden.  Gruden was sleeping with women in the facility, he let the players have their phones during practice.  Ron is a complete turn around and does not deserve this crap after 5 games.  

Archived