Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

41 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Oh, I was talking about Pass Rush Win Rate, not Time to Throw.

I got that part, I was referencing the part about Haskins getting rid of it at the fastest rate in the league.  I shoulda specified which part I was talking about.

1 minute ago, Daniel.redskins said:

All the people ****ing on Ron need to chill out.  I get it, your mad.  But if Haskins is as good as you think, then you should not be worried about him studying hard and being the starter again soon. We just played a top 5 team and a top 10 qb in a complete rain downpour.  I support Ron over the cluster **** we had with Gruden.  Gruden was sleeping with women in the facility, he let the players have their phones during practice.  Ron is a complete turn around and does not deserve this crap after 5 games.  

Sorry but the defense looks as bad/worse than when Gruden was running the ship. We have given up +30 points in the last 4 games. Just calling it like it is and at minimum I would expect a better product on the defensive side of the ball through 5 weeks.

6 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Well Ron has only been here 9 months. That's going to obviously be his goal is to a build a team with a solid defense and pieces on offense. Just not around Haskins. Trubisky was a waste of time for the Bears from being controversially drafted until this year and every Bears fan knows it. Coaches lost their job over that decision. I don't think Ron wants to lose his job by hitching his wagon to a qb that is struggling with the basics. And that's what's sad about Haskins is he might never be as good as Trubisky. I at least want to hitch my wagon to a qb that has a trajectory better than Trubisky. It's such a big risk that Ron simply isn't going to take and neither would I. 

Ron should realize his problems are a lot bigger than Haskins right now. He has a defense who can't stop the run, cover over the middle, or cover deep. His DBs look lost every week. His LBs keep getting abused by WRs but we keep leaving them in coverage. Our OL is terrible. Our WRs are running routes into each other. We are averaging under 3 yards per carry in the run game. We haven't managed the clock well or in game situations well. Then without the guy he claimed was holding the offense back, we had the worst offensive game in 50 years. 

Rivera has a lot more to be concerned with than a QB who everyone knew needed time to develop.

6 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Sorry but the defense looks as bad/worse than when Gruden was running the ship. We have given up +30 points in the last 4 games. Just calling it like it is and at minimum I would expect a better product on the defensive side of the ball through 5 weeks.

A lot of people railing on the defense, but between turnovers and limited time of possession, our offense is putting our defense in very difficult spots. Even an average offense would help keep the opponents score down.  

Our defense has their issues too, but hard to criticize them when they are getting zero help from the other side of the ball.

Hey, we could have handled this worse. The team could have punctured Haskins lung with a cortisone shot.

Talk about dysfunction. 

Yikes.

18 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Nah I don't like QBR honestly lol how about top 10 passing yards? 

A stat made for Jameis Winston!

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

Ron should realize his problems are a lot bigger than Haskins right now. He has a defense who can't stop the run, cover over the middle, or cover deep. His DBs look lost every week. His LBs keep getting abused by WRs but we keep leaving them in coverage. Our OL is terrible. Our WRs are running routes into each other. We are averaging under 3 yards per carry in the run game. We haven't managed the clock well or in game situations well. Then without the guy he claimed was holding the offense back, we had the worst offensive game in 50 years. 

Rivera has a lot more to be concerned with than a QB who everyone knew needed time to develop.

Yea, it's a mess defensively and Ron is going to replace most of these players. But the team played well enough to win that Browns game and have been 2-2. So the defense technically, before Haskins was benched was not as big of a problem as you're making them out to be. But he wants to see if Allen can be the guy until he finds his qb. If Allen works out then we have a cheap backup and don't need to worry about that. I don't see any problem with it, it doesn't change anything. I never imagined Ron thought Haskins was the guy he was going to build his team around. He was just going to give him a chance.

17 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Let's talk about defense. Ron is a defensive oriented coach correct. So between him and Jack Del Rio they should be able to evaluate a defensive roster and put the right pieces in place to field a decent team correct? They should be able to implement a scheme that ins not Manuskyess correct. THEN WHY IN THE HELL DOES OUR DEFENSE LOOK WORSE THAN MANUSKY and CO through 5 weeks. Someone please respond without making excuses for Ron and Co.

I know this the Haskins thread but Ron can't even get what he does best right. How do you all expect him to manage both sides of the ball and get the QB situation right when he can't even get the defense right.

The defense is overrated, the entire team stinks and Rons going to be held accountable for making it play better but he's going to get some time to fix it.

You mention Jack/Ron evaluating the defense and putting the right pieces in place but IMO they haven't had a chance to do that, they're probably just starting to figure out what they actually have.

You can't cancel out the coaching staff because you're mad about Haskins, Ron will get at least 2 seasons minimum and possibly more.

10 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

We got one hell of a stud punter though!

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

There are some people out there - more on Twitter than on here - who have been saying/hoping the plan is for Alex to be the starter and the bridge guy next season as well.

The thing that had me scratching my head yesterday was Rivera saying after the game Allen could have come back in but he held him out on 'an abundance of caution' ... So he left Alex Smith in to get the crap beaten out of him and embarrassed  out of an 'abundance of caution'? It certainly wasn't caution for the guy who nearly lost his leg. 

The logic of Ron's incomprehensible decision making only becomes apparent when you realize that Kyle Allen is his guy and has been all along.  He is the one Ron intends to build this thing around.  He's the one Ron traded for.  He's the one he chose to start after the farce with Dwayne was over.  He's the one he protected on Sunday when it was clear the protection had completely broken down and the QBs were drowning in the pocket.  Allen is the only QB that Ron hasn't treated as expendable.

Let's see if Ron can salvage any value from his quarterback debacle by trading Haskins for half decent draft compensation.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The logic of Ron's incomprehensible decision making only becomes apparent when you realize that Kyle Allen is his guy and has been all along.  He is the one Ron intends to build this thing around.  He's the one Ron traded for.  He's the one he chose to start after the farce with Dwayne was over.  He's the one he protected on Sunday when it was clear the protection had completely broken down and the QBs were drowning in the pocket.  Allen is the only QB that Ron hasn't treated as expendable.

Let's see if Ron can salvage any value from his quarterback debacle by trading Haskins for half decent draft compensation.

I'll bite... 

If Allen is his guy...

So what?

6 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

A lot of people railing on the defense, but between turnovers and limited time of possession, our offense is putting our defense in very difficult spots. Even an average offense would help keep the opponents score down.  

Our defense has their issues too, but hard to criticize them when they are getting zero help from the other side of the ball.

How many turnovers the last couple games? I counted 1 the last two games. 20+ 1st downs vs. Baltimore. We have not turned the ball over a ton this year and yesterday the Rams marched up and down the field on us 3 straight drives for points. Excuses to the fact that he trotted out a subpar roster when we ALL new safety and LB were glaring holes back in March. Troy Apke? Bostic? Come on. 

Oh and the other side of the ball is on his watch as well. Total control.

1 minute ago, pico926 said:

How many turnovers the last couple games? I counted 1 the last two games. 20+ 1st downs vs. Baltimore. We have not turned the ball over a ton this year and yesterday the Rams marched up and down the field on us 3 straight drives for points. Excuses to the fact that he trotted out a subpar roster when we ALL new safety and LB were glaring holes back in March. Troy Apke? Bostic? Come on. 

Oh and the other side of the ball is on his watch as well. Total control.

This is ABSOLUTELY false. People did NOT think LB was a hole. I would know, I was battling them daily. People thought we were okay at backer and could improve it but it wasn't a hole. Corner was far worse in most people's minds.

14 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

We rank 16th in average starting field position per drive, which is as average as you can get.  A lot of defenses have it much worse.

17 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Which was dumb.  Their plan at QB was Case F'ing Keenum and Colt McCoy.  We saw how well that went with their 0-5 start. An extra 2nd round pick would not have been the difference.

Yeah, because Haskins is just lighting it up, and saved us...from...what, exactly? Meanwhile our current safeties are horrible. Now, for all the reasons @KDawg so astutely pointed out, we have no QB or S.

Also, of we had that 2nd round pick, you don't think we would have been in on Hopkins?

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Then he made a stupid call at QB to go with a lesser player and made the team worse.  And it also means Ron has some snake and some politics in him. 

Lesser player by what standard? The McQueen Grading System? Which, as you know, I respect your takes. I don't agree with your Haskins take. At all. Like... at all. But my opinion doesn't matter at all here, either. The FO and the coaching staff now believe Dwayne isn't their guy. 

I find it odd that any time I say I believe something people rally on me (not you in this instance, steve) and say they trust someone else more than they trust me... but then the FO and head coach say something and they trust forum posters more than the staff.

It's a weird dichotomy. 

Just now, KDawg said:

This is ABSOLUTELY false. People did NOT think LB was a hole. I would know, I was battling them daily. People thought we were okay at backer and could improve it but it wasn't a hole. Corner was far worse in most people's minds.

You are right, you harped on LB the most.  McVay basically told the broadcasters of the game they are going to eat that defense up the middle with TEs, and they did.  Safety-LB top issue with this defense.  CB has been surprisingly decent. 

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The defense is overrated, the entire team stinks and Rons going to be held accountable for making it play better but he's going to get some time to fix it.

You mention Jack/Ron evaluating the defense and putting the right pieces in place but IMO they haven't had a chance to do that, they're probably just starting to figure out what they actually have.

You can't cancel out the coaching staff because you're mad about Haskins, Ron will get at least 2 seasons minimum and possibly more.

Sorry not mad about Haskins and hope Allen fairs well this week @ Meadowlands. 

So having 16 weeks worth of game film is not enough to evaluate players and figure out what you have and don't have. I'm not buying that. Overrated? The defense stunk last year so who had them rated so high going into this season? Failed to address plain and simple. 

1 minute ago, megared said:

Then there was nothing holding him back from building around Allen.  6 months ago.   Not wasting everyone's time,  with whatever this was

He gave Haskins a chance. If he didn't, people would be complaining still. He wasn't winning unless he gave Haskins the chance and Haskins became a franchise level QB. I don't think he has any chance of doing that in DC, and probably in the league. But a fresh start changes a LOT. If he's going to do it, it isn't here.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, because Haskins is just lighting it up, and saved us...from...what, exactly? Meanwhile our current safeties are horrible. Now, for all the reasons @KDawg so astutely pointed out, we have no QB or S.

Also, of we had that 2nd round pick, you don't think we would have been in on Hopkins?

We were talking about how much "Haskins has set this franchise back" yesterday.  If you're telling me a safety was our opportunity cost, that's not setting the franchise back, like, at all.

And no, the Hopkins trade happened between two good friends in O'Brien and Keim.  He was getting offered better compensation elsewhere, and still did the deal with his buddy, similar to the RGIII deal with Fisher and Shanny.  

Not that Ron would have done the deal regardless in his "evaluation year".  It would have been too late when his mind changed that we should be in "win now" mode.

Archived