Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Maybe he thought the draft pick this year would be important and wanted it to be a high one. 

If I had to come up with a devious reason for some of his actions, it very well could be that.

He just about made it plain as day that this is an evaluation season not a win now season.  Their approach to FA screamed 2021 not 2020.

The idea that it takes a QB years to become the guy, that's true when they aren't mega talented.  But plenty of guys hit the ground running in season 1 or 2.  Maybe Ron thinks that dude might be in this coming draft and not on the current roster. 

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Some fans clearly don’t know what they’re watching. He never faced this type of pressure because he got rid of the ball AT THE FASTEST RATE IN THE LEAGUE. He made the OL look better than they really were. 

Haskins has faced multiple teams with a higher pass rush win rate than the Rams. 

EDIT: In fact, every team Dwayne has played so far this season has a higher pass rush win rate than the Rams.  Including the 4th ranked Eagles, 7th ranked Ravens, 10th ranked Cardinals and 13th ranked Browns.

Rams rank 21st.

You are lecturing others on their ignorance and this is your take?  LMAO.  Haskins never faced a guy like Donald who was living in the backfield.

You will look so foolish when Haskins is out of the league in 2 years. 

1 minute ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Does that stat actually translate in to pressure and good defense? Seems like couple bad defenses are ranked in the top 10 and great defenses are 15 or lower. Rams are 2nd in the league in sacks, so not sure if I'm believing this translates to how good a defense is. Seattle shouldn't be in the top 10 of any defensive stat.

The stat measures exactly what it says it does.  The ability of a pass rusher to beat his blocker within 2.5 seconds.

If you want to look at wholistic defensive performance, the best stat is DVOA, where the Ravens rank 9th and the Rams rank 15th.  I'm sure both teams' ratings will jump after this week.

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You are lecturing others on their ignorance and this is your take?  LMAO.  You will look so foolish when Haskins is out of the league. 

No real counter-argument, because you have nothing to say and know how ignorant your statement was.

8 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

two years ago, I stated I would prefer to be in Cleveland's position rather than ours.  That was a knee slapper to some.  I said wait 2 years. 

You could have said that you'd prefer to be in the position of the next, yet to be announced, expansion team, and have been equally correct because Dan Snyder's team is and always has been a clownshow. Going on 22 years of buffoonery.

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You are lecturing others on their ignorance and this is your take?  LMAO.  Haskins never faced a guy like Donald who was living in the backfield.

You will look so foolish when Haskins is out of the league in 2 years. 

Typical sensationalism.. Haskins out the league in 2 years? I'll take that bet. 

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

Typical sensationalism.. Haskins out the league in 2 years? I'll take that bet. 

You have Steelers and Bears fans on Twitter wondering how much it'll cost to take Haskins off our hands.  I can definitely see him finding success away from this organization.

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The stat measures exactly what it says it does.  The ability of a pass rusher to beat his blocker within 2.5 seconds.

If you want to look at wholistic defensive performance, the best stat is DVOA, where the Ravens rank 9th and the Rams rank 15th.  I'm sure both teams' ratings will jump after this week.

No real counter-argument, because you have nothing to say and know how ignorant your statement was.

I don't know man, the Rams pass rush seems to be pretty good statistically across the board. Will be interesting what the ratings are this week. It was the worst I've seen the o line look this year, couldn't run block or pass block. They seemed to generate some pocket in the Ravens game.

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

This is going to result in us cycling thru QBs. All Haskins has to do is sit on his hands and he will get his job back through sheer attrition.

If Alex Smith can’t develop the timing to rapidly get rid of the ball, He is going to take 7 sacks a game. I don’t like his prognosis in that scenario.

Allen has been in this system longer than anyone, so I don’t forsee him speeding up his releases to an amazing degree. While he is mobile enough to escape the pocket, his lack of regard for his own health will remove him from the game faster than poor play ever could. He has to protect himself 10x better if he wants to have any legitimate opportunity.

Haskins got rid of the ball fast. That is an absolute necessity behind this terrible Oline. It keeps himself healthy and kept the O moving forward.

If it was just his play I may agree. Or if it wasn't his play, but he took the hint and used the benching to shaped his work ethic and attitude up, I may agree. But right now it seems like Haskins might have a combination of poor work ethic/attitude/maturity + responding poorly to his demotion (unfollowing WFT and teammates on social media, etc).

If that's true then he's probably in a pretty damn deep hole and it's probably going to be pretty damn hard for him to get out. Going from 1st string to 3rd is also telling IMO. It means that this is pretty serious and not just a question of Haskins improving his performance and attitude a little bit and he'll get the job back. 

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

I don't know man, the Rams pass rush seems to be pretty good statistically across the board. Will be interesting what the ratings are this week. It was the worst I've seen the o line look this year, couldn't run block or pass block. They seemed to generate some pocket in the Ravens game.

It's not a subjective measurement.  It's based on tracking technology via chips in the players' helmets.  It's the most unbiased way to measure a team's pass rush ability, as it doesn't rely on the opposing QB's release time or decision-making the way sacks and pressures do.

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You have Steelers and Bears fans on Twitter wondering how much it'll cost to take Haskins off our hands.  I can definitely see him finding success away from this organization.

Unfortunately fans don't run the other NFL football teams.

So we might get a 5th rounder for him, possibly, if Haskins doesn't do something else to prove that he's a diode.

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Completely different mindsets in those fanbases and organizations. Our priority isn't developing or even getting value for Haskins. We are so petty, we are burying Haskins if we do trade him. We like to tank our guys value so other teams can take them from us for pennies. 

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

Unfortunately fans don't run the other NFL football teams.

So we might get a 5th rounder for him, possibly, if Haskins doesn't do something else to prove that he's a diode.

The way this organization has been trashing him, we'd be lucky to get a 7th.

Just now, IrepDC said:

Completely different mindsets for those fanbases and organizations. We are so petty, we won't even get value for Haskins if we do trade him. We like to tank our guys value so other teams can take them from us for pennies. 

Yes, I agree.

37 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Well, apparently Alex Smith's time to throw was the fastest yesterday at 2.26 seconds.

However, it appears to me that Alex Smith is not very good at making quick decisions. His quick throws went basicly nowhere.

Let's not forget that before he got inserted into that game, it had been TWO YEARS since he faced live action on a football field.  Anybody judging his decision-making ability based on that relief role yesterday is - to put it politely - misguided.

43 minutes ago, megared said:

THIS is the heart of the matter for me.  The elusive 'rebuild' has been put off a year, which means it's likely never coming.  There's probably gonna always be something for Ron to attach onto, to convince us, it's better to try and win now.

How exactly is the rebuild being put off? Because he played Kyle Allen instead of Dwayne? He’s not dumping draft picks or young players for vets to help this year. The rebuild is still happening.

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Let's not forget that before he got inserted into that game, it had been TWO YEARS since he faced live action on a football field.  Anybody judging his decision-making ability based on that relief role yesterday is - to put it politely - misguided.

Also, talking about how poorly Alex played in comparison to Haskins and Allen is a bit disingenuous as I haven't seen anyone on here calling for Alex to be the starter. 

48 minutes ago, megared said:

THIS is the heart of the matter for me.  The elusive 'rebuild' has been put off a year, which means it's likely never coming. 

I don’t think the rebuild has been put off a year.

I think the evaluation period, in real games, has provided a stark insight that we are bad, really bad in fact. And that evaluation hasn’t taken long at all. As fans, we assumed that was coming so we now see this as a lost year. I wanted a better 2020 offseason. Strangely the FO put more faith in this group and here we are.

The rebuild hasn’t been put off a year, however it would appear the extent of the rebuild is greater than Ron and Co envisioned. That’s how it seems.

But all this is derailing the Haskins thread. Ron’s latest message seems to have an undercurrent of damage limitation to me. 

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Also, talking about how poorly Alex played in comparison to Haskins and Allen is a bit disingenuous as I haven't seen anyone on here calling for Alex to be the starter. 

There are some people out there - more on Twitter than on here - who have been saying/hoping the plan is for Alex to be the starter and the bridge guy next season as well.

The thing that had me scratching my head yesterday was Rivera saying after the game Allen could have come back in but he held him out on 'an abundance of caution' ... So he left Alex Smith in to get the crap beaten out of him and embarrassed  out of an 'abundance of caution'? It certainly wasn't caution for the guy who nearly lost his leg. 

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

There are some people out there - more on Twitter than on here - who have been saying/hoping the plan is for Alex to be the starter and the bridge guy next season as well.

The thing that had me scratching my head yesterday was Rivera saying after the game Allen could have come back in but he held him out on 'an abundance of caution' ... So he left Alex Smith in to get the crap beaten out of him and embarrassed  out of an 'abundance of caution'? It certainly wasn't caution for the guy who nearly lost his leg. 

But Rivera also clarified they are checking Allen for a concussion in his presser today. I’m assuming he meant even though he was cleared they want to make sure he’s wasn’t suffering from neurological issues. How times change.  A knock on the head more worrisome than a leg that was almost lost. 

1 hour ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Can someone throw out one team that might be interested in Haskins?  He doesn't improve a single team.  I expect he is cut by Wednesday.

I didn't even read the article, because it suggest the possibility of a trade, and immediately dismisses the possibility of a trade, all in the first sentence, LOL

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

But Rivera also clarified they are checking Allen for a concussion in his presser today. I’m assuming he meant even though he was cleared they want to make sure he’s wasn’t suffering from neurological issues. How times change.  A knock on the head more worrisome than a leg that was almost lost. 

If he was still in the concussion protocol he wasn't cleared to come back in?  I'm sure Rivera said yesterday Allen was cleared to come back in.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

l counter-argument, because you have nothing to say and know how ignorant your statement was.

No that's not really what happened here.  

I have already given my argument. No way Haskins got out of that big sack Allen got out of. No way Haskins would have completed the number of passes Allen did under the same pressure.  No way Haskins ever faced this much pressure.  

Archived