Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

I wouldn't mind a qb competition between Haskins and Allen. I don't think Alex Smith should be involved at all, he's 99% most likely getting cut this offseason. Let Haskins and Allen battle it out for who's going to be our placeholder while we build the team and shop for a franchise qb. 

Actually, I don't mind this at all either.  I have no problem with Allen.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Another case in point, you can hit the ground running as a rookie QB, it doesn't have to take years.  SD stunk last year.   though its much tougher to do when you got questionable intangibles and accuracy issues. 

Legit question of Front Office / Rivera.  If they weren’t sold on Haskins, why did they pass on Tua and Herbert?  I love Chase Young, but QB is much more valuable. 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This will end well...

This is 100% on Dan Snyder.

But it needed to be done. The 2021 WFT starting QB is not on this roster.  If they try to do some Shanahan mess and trot out Allen or Smith for 2021 (knowing full well that it's nonsense) They should all be fired, on the spot.

1 minute ago, Andre The Giant said:

Legit question of Front Office / Rivera.  If they weren’t sold on Haskins, why did they pass on Tua and Herbert.  I love Chase Young, but QB is much more valuable. 

Tua is still a complete unknown and I can see any coach being worried about a guy with so many injuries and just coming off another major one. As far as Herbert, IIRC there seemed to be a pretty wide range of opinions on him. Maybe the FO wasn't sold on him enough to think about taking him at #2 overall?

5 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Legit question of Front Office / Rivera.  If they weren’t sold on Haskins, why did they pass on Tua and Herbert?  I love Chase Young, but QB is much more valuable. 

I was saying this in the draft thread. That if you like one of the QBs you should take them, or at least strongly consider it. I also said it’s hard to pass on a Chase Young, but the expectations for him were going to be heads and shoulders beyond what they should be and people were going to be disappointed.

If Tu’a wasn’t injured I probably would have pushed hard for him. Herbert I liked but not sure I’d have taken him over Young. Maybe. But probably not. 

People thought I was anti-Young because I even considered the idea of going Tu’a.

This fan base would have lost their collective minds.

22 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Yeah comparing Rivera to Belichek. Again nice try.

you made a false claim and are trying to “yeah but still” your way out of it.  We are all wrong a lot of the time. It’s ok 👍 

Haskins hasn’t showed me anything to make me thing he is the answer.  the “developing qb” is a unicorn.... 

5 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I think there is a difference between not being sold on somebody and knowing they are not your guy.

Just now, Andre The Giant said:

Legit question of Front Office / Rivera.  If they weren’t sold on Haskins, why did they pass on Tua and Herbert.  I love Chase Young, but QB is much more valuable. 

We can only speculate but as Standig himself suggested, the owner wanted Haskins, tough to just bail on him from the outset.

haskinsbad.png

haskinsbad2.png

haskinsbadfirst.png

haskinsbadthefirstpart.png

15 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Yeah a retread that won two super bowls as DC for Parcells before going to the Cleveland wasteland for 4 years only to become a HOF coach at NE. Correct he is a retread but a very poor reference by the poster. 

Perhaps I misread your post...

7 hours ago, pico926 said:

Retread defensive minded coaches will never lead you to the promised land. This is an offense oriented league and the guy doesn't know NFL offense.

Nope, didn't think so!

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If Tu’a wasn’t injured I probably would have pushed hard for him. Herbert I liked but not sure I’d have taken him over Young. Maybe. But probably not. 

People thought I was anti-Young because I even considered the idea of going Tu’a.

This fan base would have lost their collective minds.

I loved Young.  But I was one of the ones on the draft thread including yourself that was open to Tua.  We didn't think the idea was crazy.

What made Tua tough was his injury, it wasn't totally a slam dunk call because of that.   otherwise Tua wouldn't have fallen to 5.

I never bothered to study Herbert so i didn't really have a strong opinion about him. 

People wonder why I'm so in for Haskins. I didn't want to draft him. I hate first round qbs because there's so much push for them to play and be superstars. I was excited about his college career and what he brought to the table. But what made me very into his corner is the silly stuff he went through from day one. 

Dan picked him so the fan base hated him. We had socal say that he hoped that Haskins sucked because of he was good it would lead to Dan being more involved. 

The coach didn't want him, didn't want to develop him, went on camera before the draft saying as much. Then we draft him and coach ignored him. 

The GM didn't want him. Even if they had him in a 2nd or 3rd round grade and we overdrafted him, that's not the end of the world. Look at Apke or Christian or any of our second rounders.

But instead of going into a supportive environment, he had a city just ready for him to fail so they could say "told you so". 

And it's funny that this team is the one to do it. Because we have the legendary Doug Williams who knows all about this. This is not unique to Haskins or Williams. Just about every Black QB who doesn't come out looking like a rookie of the year candidate faces this scrutiny. Even the ones who do face it here (see RG3 years 2 and 3). 

And it's always the same excuses they use. They have been saying Blacks aren't intelligent enough to play QB for 50+ years. They've been confusing swag and confidence with arrogance this whole time. Save with work ethic. Allen Iverson had the meme on practice but it comes into play because they're looking for reasons. Look at how hard it was for McNabb in Philly while he was winning. 

This is a symptom of the league. How many QBs get benched after 300+ yards and 70% against a top ten defense, have the backups come in and mount 100 yards of total offense the next week and coaches say with a straight face that those guys played better. 

And then the leaks. People say nobody's coming to his defense. I say just wait. Especially after he's gone, we'll hear more. Some I'm sure I'll like and some i probably won't. But I'm certain this was not a locker room decision because 52 other guys want to win. Heck I'm willing to bet the locker room is divided as hell right now based on these last two games. 

But the other thing is that many Black QBs don't get a second chance. You don't see the Chase Daniel type who can be on 5 teams not take a snap but be paid 5 million a year. Most of the Black QBs are there because they got drafted, got benched or signed a cheap deal to compete and won out. 

That's why i like that Haskins is so close to Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Kyler Murray, Deshaun Watson, etc. Because hopefully they can help him through the way this crappy franchise has treated him. 

But this is going to get political if I reply. Just know, this **** ain't easy. We see what's happening. We hear the BS explanations, and can only shake our heads. And i know I'm talking pretty much to only those who already agree with me because others are dicing this up looking for a smart reply.

But it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I wish he would remind himself of his thinking.

I meant a sample size.  He probably saw enough.  Low IQ, 0 pocket presence, zero vision.  You can't teach that stuff.  You can't teach someone who is an idiot to be a superstar.  

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

I meant a sample size.  He probably saw enough.  Low IQ, 0 pocket presence, zero vision.  You can't teach that stuff.  You can't teach someone who is an idiot to be a superstar.  

I would bet my life savings Haskins has a higher IQ than you.

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

you made a false claim and are trying to “yeah but still” your way out of it.  We are all wrong a lot of the time. It’s ok 👍 

Haskins hasn’t showed me anything to make me thing he is the answer.  the “developing qb” is a unicorn.... 

Hardly false. He is a retread with a .500 record.

What does Rivera’s performance as a head coach through 5 weeks have to do with developing Haskins? My point is he is a defensive minded coach and he can’t get that side of the ball right yet we are surprised that everything else about this team is a mess? His speciality looks like crap so what do you all expect?

6 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

People wonder why I'm so in for Haskins. I didn't want to draft him. I hate first round qbs because there's so much push for them to play and be superstars. I was excited about his college career and what he brought to the table. But what made me very into his corner is the silly stuff he went through from day one. 

Dan picked him so the fan base hated him. We had socal say that he hoped that Haskins sucked because of he was good it would lead to Dan being more involved. 

The coach didn't want him, didn't want to develop him, went on camera before the draft saying as much. Then we draft him and coach ignored him. 

The GM didn't want him. Even if they had him in a 2nd or 3rd round grade and we overdrafted him, that's not the end of the world. Look at Apke or Christian or any of our second rounders.

But instead of going into a supportive environment, he had a city just ready for him to fail so they could say "told you so". 

And it's funny that this team is the one to do it. Because we have the legendary Doug Williams who knows all about this. This is not unique to Haskins or Williams. Just about every Black QB who doesn't come out looking like a rookie of the year candidate faces this scrutiny. Even the ones who do face it here (see RG3 years 2 and 3). 

And it's always the same excuses they use. They have been saying Blacks aren't intelligent enough to play QB for 50+ years. They've been confusing swag and confidence with arrogance this whole time. Save with work ethic. Allen Iverson had the meme on practice but it comes into play because they're looking for reasons. Look at how hard it was for McNabb in Philly while he was winning. 

This is a symptom of the league. How many QBs get benched after 300+ yards and 70% against a top ten defense, have the backups come in and mount 100 yards of total offense the next week and coaches say with a straight face that those guys played better. 

And then the leaks. People say nobody's coming to his defense. I say just wait. Especially after he's gone, we'll hear more. Some I'm sure I'll like and some i probably won't. But I'm certain this was not a locker room decision because 52 other guys want to win. Heck I'm willing to bet the locker room is divided as hell right now based on these last two games. 

But the other thing is that many Black QBs don't get a second chance. You don't see the Chase Daniel type who can be on 5 teams not take a snap but be paid 5 million a year. Most of the Black QBs are there because they got drafted, got benched or signed a cheap deal to compete and won out. 

That's why i like that Haskins is so close to Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Kyler Murray, Deshaun Watson, etc. Because hopefully they can help him through the way this crappy franchise has treated him. 

But this is going to get political if I reply. Just know, this **** ain't easy. We see what's happening. We hear the BS explanations, and can only shake our heads. And i know I'm talking pretty much to only those who already agree with me because others are dicing this up looking for a smart reply.

But it is what it is.

Did you just accuse every person who doesn’t like Haskins as a quarterback of racism? Or did I read that wrong?

I don't think anyone worth listening to is denying that Haskins ultimately got as raw a deal as you can get as a first round QB. But at the same time the possibility remains that he did not do what Ron wanted him to do to keep the job. both things can be true. 

13 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

i bet Rivera went into this season thinking a) give Haskins this year to prove it, if he sucks we are back in the running for a top qb again in 21. 

He reversed that thinking rather quickly once it was obvious the division sucked, which imo is a piss-poor reason for abandoning your plan.

Also...what was b)? lol...

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Did you just accuse every person who doesn’t like Haskins as a quarterback of racism? Or did I read that wrong?

Well, you did just have a poster who doesn't know Haskins at all say he has a low IQ and called him an idiot.  If that doesn't ring some bells on a racial level, I don't know what to tell you.

Archived