Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

15 hours ago, redskins59 said:

Doesn't matter how they start.  What matters is the sample size. Maybe Herbert has a chart that resembles a bear market.

Growth is something that cannot be figured out in 4 games.  You need a bigger sample size.  

If Haskins looks the same after playing 16 games in the same system, you draft another QB.  There needs to be a system to judge a QB.

Edit:  Come to think of it, 16 games isn't enough. I think 32 would be better.  So 2 years.

No QB is going to get 32 games worth of sample size while the team is constantly losing and without showing any signs that they can be the future. Haskins is 3-10 in 13 games so far with below average QB play. 32 games would put us in middle of year 3. So you are suggesting we wait till middle of 2021 season to determine that we need another QB and then wait till the end of that season to draft or acquire another QB. No coaching staff has that much job security. On top of that he has endeared himself to anybody with his work ethic. 

10 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Ryan Tannehill 

He has been brought up earlier. But Tennehill was not a bust, he was a 6 year starter. He was a below average starter but he was a 6 year starter none the less, he was never Dwayne Haskins bad.  He also fell into a perfect situation with the leagues best running game.  

Who else you got?  Because I got dozens.   

15 hours ago, Llevron said:

Yall are also playing this game like 6-10 cant win this division and we wont be playing the cowboys twice, the giants twice and the eagles one more time. We can be rebuilding, still try and win, and Haskins not be the guy. 

All of that is not only possible but is reasonable. If you have a coach that looks up at week 4 and the entire division is 1-3 and he doesnt think he can win it, then he shouldnt be the coach lol

Yall are playing with real funny money right now. Its dumb to act like you know exactly whats happening and other people are blind when no one on this board legitimately knows anything. For all we know, Ron was begged by Snyder to give Haskins a legit shot. And he gave him one by not picking up a vet that would immediately start over him, and saw the kid didnt have what he wanted and went with Allen cause he could see the division sucked. And it would be totally on brand. 

Point is none of you know wtf you are talking about except for me stop arguing and LOVE EACH OTHER 

Noone cares if they win the pathetic division with a 6-10 record.  We will get pasted in the first round of playoffs. The goal should be to find a franchise QB so that you can contend every year. That is what you have in GB, SEA, NO and others. 

31 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

You're really low and Haskins and thats fair, but you should read reports from other regions about him. The consensus isn't what you think it is outside of DC, although, like I said, we will still get fleeced because our standards are low.

Notice how in NE when a player loses favor, you will hear bare minimum if anything about it, and they'll get traded for max value while the new team gets to find out whatever issue NE had. We need to learn to do this as the way we bury our players is tasteless and a part of the loser culture here 

I mean, coaches/GM's don't listen to the media.  If they want to know about a player they'll make some calls.  Everyone knows someone in every team facility.  And with NE you can tell when a player loses favor.  They're not on the field as much.  

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He has been brought up earlier. But Tennehill was not a bust, he was a 6 year starter. He was a below average starter but he was a 6 year starter none the less, he was never Dwayne Haskins bad.  He also fell into a perfect situation with the leagues best running game.  

Who else you got?  Because I got dozens.   

I only humored you, but I don't really find that conversation meaningful, to be honest. I think looking at specific variables case by case is better. 

"People believe around the NFL that Dwayne Haskins can be had for basically dirt cheap," Chris Russell explained to The Sports Junkies on Monday. "Now, what is dirt cheap? Sixth-round pick, conditional? Fifth-round pick?"

"Remember, Josh Rosen got a late second-round pick, I guess it was a year-and-a-half ago in the draft after (Arizona) took Kyler Murray," he said. "There's no chance they're getting a late second-round pick for Dwayne Haskins. No chance.

"So if Washington looks around and says, 'Okay, look. We could get a conditional fifth-round pick — let's just call it that — maybe we'd pull the trigger. 

..."So maybe they hold back and they wait, and they see if they can try and up that to a conditional third-round pick in the offseason," Russell said. "We don't know how these things are gonna work out, that's why I want to be really, really careful here. I mean, JLC can report whatever he wants to report. I think we've all heard some of the same things."

The bottom line, Russell said, is "what we don't know is: A) what's being offered; B) how many teams are involved; and C) do they sit there and try to up the ante a little bit?"

The Sports Junkies noted how ESPN's John Keim informed them earlier that no teams have been calling on Haskins, to this point. 

..."Where it does lead, is it leads to a lot of other questions," Keim said. "And so, you talk to people like, 'Has he requested a trade? Has he done this? Has he done that?' None of that has happened at this point, and no teams are calling them, certainly."

..."With his reputation right now around the NFL, (I'd be) hard-pressed to think that there's more than one or two teams tops that would even be interested in him, never mind willing to take him on midway through the season and pay him whatever his contract is that the Washington Football Team wouldn't have to pay – and I haven't figured all that out – but then start to work on developing him."

"And knowing, quite honestly, what everyone around the NFL has known for a long time, is that he's not a hard worker and he's immature," Russell said. "And I know that's rough, and I know that's harsh, and I don't know the kid as well as I'd like to know the kid — part of the issues here — but that's the book on him by many, many, many different people. And that extends to the entire NFL."

"That isn't here. That isn't radio. That isn't media in D.C. looking for a salacious story," Russell added. "That is the book on him

and everyone knows it."

https://www.radio.com/thefandc/sports/washington-football-team/dwayne-haskins-could-go-for-dirt-cheap-on-nfl-trade-market

1 minute ago, drowland said:

I mean, coaches/GM's don't listen to the media.  If they want to know about a player they'll make some calls.  Everyone knows someone in every team facility.  And with NE you can tell when a player loses favor.  They're not on the field as much.  

Yeah they are not on the field, but you don't get a hailstorm of rumors and gossip either. We want players to grow in soil that is tainted. We all see that our team is still doing things the wrong way, but we still keep expecting to find some super prospect able to overcome the loser culture that SHOULD havre been the first priority. It's not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All the in market reports are trashing him like this and saying he has no value, but I was just reading out of market reports today saying different. It seems like our media / fanbase / org as a whole is going to make sure everyone knows he can be had for nothing. Ironically even the PFF guys, who are often used to reference Haskins' struggles, are talking about the good fits and teams that could use him.

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

"And knowing, quite honestly, what everyone around the NFL has known for a long time, is that he's not a hard worker and he's immature," Russell said. "And I know that's rough, and I know that's harsh, and I don't know the kid as well as I'd like to know the kid — part of the issues here — but that's the book on him by many, many, many different people. And that extends to the entire NFL."

"That isn't here. That isn't radio. That isn't media in D.C. looking for a salacious story," Russell added. "That is the book on him

and everyone knows it."

https://www.radio.com/thefandc/sports/washington-football-team/dwayne-haskins-could-go-for-dirt-cheap-on-nfl-trade-market

Does anyone have any additional questions?  

Who's to blame in Washington now?

Ron Rivera wasted no time putting a 23-year old quarterback -- he of all of 11 career starts at the time -- on notice after the third game of the season. It was time for Dwayne Haskins to step up, or Rivera risked losing the team and wasting the effort of others
These mighty Washington Football Men are men, damn it! We can't have some kid quarterback preventing us from winning games in the terrible NFC Least. It's winning time with Haskins!
That was pretty much the rhetoric, right? Am I forgetting anything? So in that case I have a suggestion -- Rivera might want to put all 11 starters on defense and his entire offensive line on notice too. Come out this week and tell your fans that jobs are on the line, too. I mean, if its good enough for a second-year QB, it should be good enough for pretty much everyone else, I figure. And while you're at it, put both of your coordinators on public notice, too. Football being the ultimate meritocracy and all.
Man, shelving the QB to a fully inactive third string is sure to put a charge in the WFT. Did they give up 30 points or more for the fourth straight game? Check. Did they get blasted at the line of scrimmage? Check. Did they have nowhere to go to the ball besides one wide receiver? Check. Make no mistake, however you spin it the offense looked absolutely horrible Sunday and infinitely worse than a week ago when Haskins hung in there for the most part against a Baltimore defense that ripped Joe Burrow's face off today. 
I mean why call attention to a defense that was yielding 9.5 yards per play in falling behind 20-7 early when you can gerrymander a QB controversy? How'd that offensive line work out for Kyle Allen and then Alex Smith on Sunday? Fail to reach 110 yards of total offense with the 15th overall pick from the 2019 draft booted to the bottom of the depth chart? Check. But fear not, they did make some history -- the Washington Football Guys had the third lowest yardage total since 1970! 
Best of luck chasing that faux division crown. WFT will be picking in the top 10, again, no matter where they finish in the NFC Least. Can't put those 'L's on Haskins anymore. Interested to see who's next to walk the plank.

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

Regarding the leaks, who is it reported that they are coming from? Brian Mitchell is saying he's hearing who it is and the person leaking isn't playing well, but do we have any "rumors" of this? Is it on twitter right now?

I heard B Mitch say on his show last week that the source of the players who were unhappy with Haskins play were on the D line, he didn't go into it any further than that.

6 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Ron Rivera wasted no time putting a 23-year old quarterback -- he of all of 11 career starts at the time -- on notice after the third game of the season. It was time for Dwayne Haskins to step up, or Rivera risked losing the team and wasting the effort of others
These mighty Washington Football Men are men, damn it! We can't have some kid quarterback preventing us from winning games in the terrible NFC Least. It's winning time with Haskins!
That was pretty much the rhetoric, right? Am I forgetting anything? So in that case I have a suggestion -- Rivera might want to put all 11 starters on defense and his entire offensive line on notice too. Come out this week and tell your fans that jobs are on the line, too. I mean, if its good enough for a second-year QB, it should be good enough for pretty much everyone else, I figure. And while you're at it, put both of your coordinators on public notice, too. Football being the ultimate meritocracy and all.
Man, shelving the QB to a fully inactive third string is sure to put a charge in the WFT. Did they give up 30 points or more for the fourth straight game? Check. Did they get blasted at the line of scrimmage? Check. Did they have nowhere to go to the ball besides one wide receiver? Check. Make no mistake, however you spin it the offense looked absolutely horrible Sunday and infinitely worse than a week ago when Haskins hung in there for the most part against a Baltimore defense that ripped Joe Burrow's face off today. 
I mean why call attention to a defense that was yielding 9.5 yards per play in falling behind 20-7 early when you can gerrymander a QB controversy? How'd that offensive line work out for Kyle Allen and then Alex Smith on Sunday? Fail to reach 110 yards of total offense with the 15th overall pick from the 2019 draft booted to the bottom of the depth chart? Check. But fear not, they did make some history -- the Washington Football Guys had the third lowest yardage total since 1970! 
Best of luck chasing that faux division crown. WFT will be picking in the top 10, again, no matter where they finish in the NFC Least. Can't put those 'L's on Haskins anymore. Interested to see who's next to walk the plank.

First, I can't believe people get paid to write like this.  Any one of us could have written this.  

That's not the rhetoric, that's never been the rhetoric.  I don't believe Rivera has said anything about "losing the team and wasting the efforts of others."  If he did, someone please show me where and I'll happily take my crow deep fried with waffle fries and a sweet tea.

I don't believe anyone has laid the record of this team at the feet of Haskins, 100%.  Haskins' poor play has been part of it, but there's plenty of blame to spread around here...the O-line, the defense, particularly anyone in pass coverage.  And even our much vaunted and ballyhooed D-line at times has looked pathetic.  This team needs massive upgrades everywhere.  

Haskins "hanging in there for the most part against a Baltimore defense that ripped Joe Burrrow's face off today," is another dumb talking point.  It neglects to acknowledge that these teams perform differently from week to week, they're not static across 16 games.  It's possible (I'm not saying with certainty that this is what happened for those of you who struggle with reading comprehension) that we didn't get the Ravens best performance when we played them and they performed better against the Bengals.  

I'm actually pissed at myself because I gave up on writing after graduating college because...well, I don't even know why, it's been so long I can't remember.  I don't even know who wrote this but I'm pretty sure I could write something better while sitting on the ****ter and drinking a beer.  CBS Sports should be ashamed for publishing something like this.

52 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I only humored you, but I don't really find that conversation meaningful, to be honest. I think looking at specific variables case by case is better. 

You don't think it's meaningful that we can't come up with one first round QB bust that has moved to a new team and flourished as we discuss the Dwayne Haskins situation?

Interesting perspective.  

25 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

How'd that offensive line work out for Kyle Allen

According to Allen's QBR and PFF ranking from Sunday and the fact he got us a 7-6 lead in the 1st quarter and had a 69% completion percentage (with 2 drops), I would say JLC could have answered this question himself but we know he's not going to do that.

52 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

Noone cares if they win the pathetic division with a 6-10 record.  We will get pasted in the first round of playoffs. The goal should be to find a franchise QB so that you can contend every year. That is what you have in GB, SEA, NO and others. 

Prezactly. I have turned in the middle of October into a fan who is rooting for the team to lose. Because without a good QB it's very very hard to contend long term in the game of football.  

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

First, I can't believe people get paid to write like this.  Any one of us could have written this.  

That's not the rhetoric, that's never been the rhetoric.  I don't believe Rivera has said anything about "losing the team and wasting the efforts of others."  If he did, someone please show me where and I'll happily take my crow deep fried with waffle fries and a sweet tea.

I don't believe anyone has laid the record of this team at the feet of Haskins, 100%.  Haskins' poor play has been part of it, but there's plenty of blame to spread around here...

Yeah, and why would anyone compare one game without Haskins to four games with him.

I feel like we have all been avoiding the BIG question right now....

How is Haskins Tummy??

Haskins "Sorry coach. Wont be at game today. Got a stomach thing"

Rivera "understand. Stay home and rest. I mean, i have cancer but i get it.  feel better"

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

According to Allen's QBR and PFF ranking from Sunday and the fact he got us a 7-6 lead in the 1st quarter and had a 69% completion percentage (with 2 drops), I would say JLC could have answered this question himself but we know he's not going to do that.

I am not lobbying for Kyle Allen as the long term solution but it's amazing to me that few are even bothering to acknowledge that he played pretty damned well in the time he was in. 

37 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Such a terribly written article filled with so many logical fallacies it's hard to know where to start. Do any of those other positions have backups that are better that would help them win now? Or are the terrible players that are playing the best we have at the position? Rivera's point in benching Haskins was that he believes Allen can be better for the team and since the qb position is so important he wants to see if Kyle Allen can be the future at the position as either a starter or backup. Reporters ask questions about qbs they don't ask "Why are you starting a terrible left guard!!". That's why Rivera seems to talk so much about Haskins because he is asked about it all the time. 

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

I am not lobbying for Kyle Allen as the long term solution but it's amazing to me that few are even bothering to acknowledge that he played pretty damned well in the time he was in. 

Every Haskins fan is going to hate on Allen so I expected that, people get attached to players (not just Haskins) and they pick a side but I agree with you I'm nowhere close to thinking he's a solution but it's too bad he couldn't finish up because while the defense gave up 20 points very quickly (first 22 minutes of the game) they only gave up 10 points in the last 38 minutes of that game so who knows what could have happened.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Every Haskins fan is going to hate on Allen so I expected that, people get attached to players (not just Haskins) and they pick a side but I agree with you I'm nowhere close to thinking he's a solution but it's too bad he couldn't finish up because while the defense gave up 20 points very quickly (first 22 minutes of the game) they only gave up 10 points in the last 38 minutes of that game so who knows what could have happened.

Aaron Donald happened.....

Mahomes wouldn't have done anything behind that line on Sunday, unfortunately. Allen held his own for a few minutes there, but even he couldn't protect himself.

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

They definitely are trying to lump Alex Smiths play with Allen. Allen looked perfectly fine as a replacement for Haskins. We'll see this week against a weaker team how much better Allen makes this team. 

3 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Mahomes wouldn't have done anything behind that line on Sunday, unfortunately.

Lmao.  Please tell me you don't actually believe this.  And you guys talk about Haskins apologists...

5 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

They definitely are trying to lump Alex Smiths play with Allen. Allen looked perfectly fine as a replacement for Haskins. We'll see this week against a weaker team how much better Allen makes this team. 

How so?  This will be the weakest team we've played this season by far.  Not sure how that will give you an accurate comparison if Allen plays well.

Archived